Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Please read ladies

Hi Ladies,

Well it was fun while it lasted but my cycles are back to ridiculous lengths again so i am contemplating getting rid of my CBFM and starting charting my BBT and using an ovulation microscope.

The question i have though is can you use an ovulation microscope everyday. Because my cycles are so long i am not sure when i am ovulating so i want something that i can use everyday rather than me having to guess when OV may be due and then using it (like the CBFM) for about 20 days.

Can anyone help me (also does anyone want a CBFM)???

Thanks

tink xx

Replies

• Sorry Tink. I can't help as not actively trying but wanted to offer my support. Hope someone is able to advise!
    Best of luck.
    PP X
  • Hi tink,

Yes you can best time is each morning before you brush your teeth otherwise you have to wait at least 2 hours after cleaning teeth, eating or drinking. I presume you are talking about the saliva ones? I just posted about them received mine this morning & got positives on it & 2 OPK's so i think they are brill!

KJ.x
  • ive ordered a cbfm so can i ask a question as this will be the first time i properly chart except for ff. Does it not really work that well with long/messed up cycles, as im currently on a 48 day one (up from 35)?

thank you
  • Hi Home Fairy,

It isn't recommended for people with cycles longer than 45 days but me being me thought aah bugger it i am getting one. I have been using it for 2 months now and the first month i got my peak on CD17 and my cycle lasted 28 days (first time EVER) on my second cycle i did get a peak at all. This could just be because it is getting used to me but because my cycles have obviously gone back to being quite long again it only asks you to test for 20 days. I got my first high on CD13 and it went back to low again on CD27 but in that time i am pretty sure i didnt OV. So now it no longer asks me to POAS and it just sat waiting for me to press the 'm' button for CD1 again which could be a while yet. You can trick the CBFM and reset it to CD5 so it will ask you to start POAS from CD6 but the thing is it means messing around with your CBFM all the time and "tricking it". I am not against CBFM's i think they are fab but it took buying one to learn that maybe they are not for me (even though it is FANTASTIC) and they really are more for people who have regular cycles.

BUT it is totally up to you, you may find you get on with it. I am just fed up of buying countless test sticks and not getting that peak - although that is my bodies fault and not the CBFM image xxx
  • Thank you tink,
    im sorry it hasnt worked out with you. Im hoping that because i was every 35 days before this last mess up it will work, but i looked on ebay and they go for about half of what they cost new so maybe we'll have luck on there getting rid of them if we need to.

I kinda thought 'bugger it' too!!
    x

• i am no help tink as OH wouldnt let me spend out on a CBFM but wanted to offer hugs and i really hope this brings your BFP hun xxxxxxx 2010 babys all the way xxxx
  • yay- We WILL all be baby buddies!!
  • yep we will have those bfps very soon image

typing this while flipping crying and in so much pain with af :cry:
  • Well i am a spur of the moment girl so i have already ordered my ovulation microscope and BBT thermometer from access diagnostics, it was free delivery if you spent over ??25 so i bought 5 cheapie preggy tests too. i thought it was a bargain and the CBFM is on ebay as we speak.

i am cramping so hoping AF is on her way, get a hot water bottle and loadsa choc down ya gembags!!! xxx
  • Well i am a spur of the moment girl so i have already ordered my ovulation microscope and BBT thermometer from access diagnostics, it was free delivery if you spent over ??25 so i bought 5 cheapie preggy tests too. i thought it was a bargain and the CBFM is on ebay as we speak.

i am cramping so hoping AF is on her way, get a hot water bottle and loadsa choc down ya gembags!!! xxx