Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2 week wait symptoms, anyone?

Replies

• Hi everyone,

I am new here but am also going through the TWW! AF due a week today so I have my fingers crossed. We wereen't actually going to start trying until next month but after an over amourous night (I know TMI) we though - what the hell not thinking anything would really happen (I actualy thought I had already ovulated and so, naive I know, I'd be fine). If I am it would be the very first time we have had unprotected sex which is crazy (sorry - TMI again. I need to learn the acronyms eh?). I am diabetic as well so have been battling since January to get everything under control in order to start trying and we just had our final meeting with the diabetic nurse where she said she was more than happy with my control...

Wow sorry that went on for ages! Anyway I have my fingers crossed for everyone.

L.xxx
  • PS. I am one of those people who is sure every tummy twinge or burp for that matter is a sign of pregnancy so it is so helpful reading other's symptoms...

I have been feeling sicky and have had killer sore heads. I have also had a stitch feeling in my side for 4 days now which has now moved from the left to teh right side. I am also very VERY hungry (although that could just be greed hehe, any excuse to eat chocolate).

L.xxx
  • Hey Laura, I think my AF is now a day late so hoping she doesn't arrive with all guns blazing!!!

Fingers crossed you get a BFP when you test, I am trying to wait another week but I think that might drive me crazy!!!

Does anyone know what we really shouldn't eat if we do get preggers?? The bit about egg made me think, I am a veggie so can I still eat quorn??? I live on the bloody stuff x
  • Hey Laura_t. Welcome!

We're on first month ttc too, you'll pick up the lingo pretty quick. I'm also due af a week today.

Great that your diabetes is under control. X
  • there is an abbreviateions thread in chat room rules that will help image

things to avoid

raw or undercooked eggs ( so home made mayos and dippy eggs are out)
    pate (i dont like it anyway)
    shark,swordfish or marlin (think its high in a mineral)
    raw undercooked shellfish/meat
    soft cheeses
    unpasturised milk
    unwashed fruit and veg
  • Thanks everyone! I am sure you will be sick of me within a few days of obsessive posting until I can do a test.

Ooooh Emsypops I was wondering the same thing. I actually wondered whether, if I was pregnant, I should consider eating meat but the thought give me the boalk. Also - fingers crossed for you! That's a good sign if you're late eh?

L.xxx
  • Hi laura my period is due next Friday too so fingers crossed we will all have some good news!! I've had a bit of a dull ache in my lower tum for a couple of days and I'm really hungry today - a few of us have gad that, maybe it's a good sign!! I hope so!!! Xxx
  • And emsypops how are you not testing? If I don't come on next Friday I'm testing next sat!! I'm determined not to test before then as I've seen so many girls on here test early and then have a chemical pregnancy - I'd rather not know I've had one I think!! Though it is tempting not to test when I've got tests filling up my drawers!!! Lol!! X
  • Welcome ladies, im determined to make this a lucky BFP thread!! xxx
  • If this is a lucky thread I'm joining image ! 1ww left.. It's going so slowly!
    Good luck ladies xx
  • Ive actually got no idea how i hvent tested yet hee hee hubs is home fim business now and very excited af hasnt turned up yet x
  • Ive actually got no idea how i hvent tested yet hee hee hubs is home fim business now and very excited af hasnt turned up yet x
  • I admire your determination- I would have peed on about 10 sticks by now! Lol xx
  • lol lozzy im impressed by my willpower i usually have zilch x
  • Well done emsypops, your an inspiration!! Hubby is home now so get testing!!!!!!!! lol. Good luck xxx
  • Why oh why is this week going so sloooooooooowwwww? It's only bloomin Sunday! Still 5 days until I can test!xxx
  • Hi Laura, it certainly is dragging!!!
    Im on 7dpo and feeling a bit low today! Probably my own fault because ive been testing for the last 3 days and not seen a hint of a line! I know its still very early but id sort of convinced myself that if i was pregnant it would start to show up but the line would just be super faint! I shoiuld no better. xxx
  • Hi ladies still no af for me im tempted to get a test while we are out today eeeep x
  • Please get a test emsypops, i really need some good news to cheer me up!! xxx
  • Emsypops I was sure you have tested by now... FC for you!

Everyone else? Any thing new? Only another 5 days to wait for me... xx