Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

9 DPO and BFN with First Response

Someone slap me!!

My heart told me to test and what did i get for my troubles - BFN:cry:

My head knows it's too early but heart is telling me that's it, you're out!!

Tell me there is still hope!!

Anyone get a FR BFN at 9dpo and go on to get a BFP (or am i clutching at straws?)

S x

Replies

• I got a BFN on 10,12 and 14 DPO with superdrug which are menat to be the most senstive tests. I was hanging on to another girls post (I think it was Lottie & Neve) who got a BFP afetr her af was 1 week late.

I got my BFP on 16DPO. I think that 9dpo is way too early and everyone's hormone surges are different. When people said it wasn't over until af arrived I didn't really believe it but in my case it was so right and I hope the same for you.
  • Thanks MP.

In my head i know you are right but seeing a BFN is crushing (why did i do it to myself!!).

On the plus side (always make me smile as OH finds it strange that i get pleased when parts of my anatomy ache!!) my boobs are really sore and now are sore under the arms. So i am hanging on to that as a good sign!!

Thanks again.

S x
  • hiya hun ,
    i think 9 dpo is far too early for you to think you're out this month , with my previous pregnancies i knew i was pregnant a day or two before af came but would still get a bfn i only normally got a bfp a few days after af was due and my 6th baby ddnt show till i was over 6 weeks gone so who knows hey i think some babies are just shy ....so please please keep your pma its no where near over for you yet ...hopefully its just all beginning image
    xx dena xx
  • Aww thanks Dena for such a lovely post! I am now on the hunt for my PMA - i think she may be lurking in the biscuit barrell:\) x
  • i didnt get a positive until 12DPO, by my temps it looked like i didnt implant until 9DPO, theres still loads of time left for a positive x
  • Hi Squibly,
    Dont think you are out yet, 9dpo is very early and you have lots of positive symptoms. Hang on in there are leve the tests alone!!!
  • lol i tend to find my happy place in the fridge the drawer with the choccy image xx
  • Hi Lizzy

I was hoping you wouldn't see this ;\)

I know i am such a muppet - am trying to be cool now!!

Speaking of symptoms i know have back ache and a coldsore to add to the list!! If i'm not pg i am the roughest thing walking!

How are you?

Dena - mmmmm chocolate - may ask OH to take a detour via tescos on the way home!

Piggypops - cheers for that - 2 pink lines seem to be the most important thing in my life - need to chill out!

S x
  • Mafia Princess wot pregnancy test did u used at 16dpo did u get that on a superdrug one im thinking about getting the supperdrug double pack tomoz as im 19dpo and going to test monday morning do u think maybe ill get good result on superdrug ones

ent it funny how noone never seems to mention anything about boots ones ??? image
  • you know what, FR advertise that its accurate up to 6 days before AF is due but if you read the small print (only copped this on a tv ad today) in the tests it only worked for 62% which means near enough half of the ladies on the study got BFN with FR 6 days before AF but WERE actually Pg! so i wouldnt be giving up just yet darl!!

best of luck sweetie!

KJx
  • Think the FR say 6 days before AF is late, meaning day after so is only really 5 days early...think they're a bit naughty advertising the 6 days as it's a bit misleading.

Squibly...I got BFN at 9dpo and had a coldsore (hadn't had one for about 8 months)...then got BFP following day...good luck!
  • just wondering what the outcome was ladies im 9dpo today and was readin this thread - intrigued to see if you got your BFP? X

• Me too :/ tested today at 9dpo and bfn. I just know I'm pregnant, have lots of symptoms and if I'm not then jeezo I'll never trust my body again.  Good luck to you all xx

• Ok so im back on 9DPO again another month later...... long long long

• hi ladies, I think I'm about the same;9dpo and stupidly did a test, bfn of course but not exactly sure when ov'd so there's still hope I suppose!image

good luck ladies xx

• Hey ladies I myself am 9dpo 

had BFN so far

but my sympthoms are crazy

moodswings 

hunger

cravings

tender swollen breasts

and cramps 

• Hi all! so I did a test today and of course bfn :( why did I do it to myself?

• Hi all

I am new to this site so I'm saying hi to you all.

my husband and I are currently trying to conceive baby number 6. I must confess I have never tracked my af/ov before now I'm starting to wish I hadn't started, this is so frustrating I have become a complete poas freak!, but its nice to read that I'm not the not one! 

I will be 9 dpo tomorrow, I have been poas since 1dpo (yes) but I'm not only doing hcg test I have to do lh test to.....all bfn...... 

Praying it changes soon 😊

• Hi ladies,

i think I'm around 9/10dpo and I was due on my period on Tuesday, I have not had my period - literally the smallest of spotting ever from Tuesday-Wednesday, Thursday (today) nothing! I took a pregnancy test and got a BFN 😥

Is this just the worlds smallest period? Am I'm experiencing implantation bleeding? 

is it too early to test? 🙏🏼

• Hi, 

9 dpo today and done a test just couldn't wait as had loads of symptoms. it was BFN.

my symptoms have been cold, sore throat, blood when I blow my nose, high bbt, odd pulling pressure on my left side, strange pressure down below, creamy cm since ovulation, headaches, nausea on and off. hungry but then eat and don't want it! 

starting to think they are all in my head as I want a bfp so bad been trying for 14 months now. I am also on my 2nd cycle of Clomid.

has anyone else had these symptoms and got a bfp.