Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Doctors today - Scared

Hi all i am new

I have done two tests and they have both come up potsitive so i am off to the docs today am scared he is going to tell me they were wrong have been waiting since Friday feels like an eternity every time i go to the loo i expect my period to come.

I could go on...basically i just want to know if this is normal and what the doc is likely to do test wise or say?????

Replies

• dont worry babe i????m sure youll be fine and ongratulations! its a bit nerve wraking at first but then u get used to the trips to the docs!!
    love
    amanda xxx
  • CONGRATS, you will be fine. My doc just did a pregnancy test & referred me to early preg unit. But i was having pains & like you felt like i was gonna come on. But im now 33weeks & everything worked out fine.

So try not to worry & best of luck***
  • Hi, congratulations! Don't worry its totally normal to feel the way you do. When I went to see my GP he didn't test me, just took down my dates and filled in a load of forms so I could register with a midwife. They then sent me to the nurse who took a ton of blood and a urine sample (which I assume they sent off to check I was actually pregnant!!). I saw a midwife the following week who was lovely and explained what would happen appointment wise etc and felt my stomach as I said I had period type pains and she explained it was just my uterus stretching. So try and relax and enjoy it as muh as you can! Might be an idea to write down any questions you have so you don't get too nervous and forget them when you go to your appointment! When will you be due? xxx
  • dont really know as my periods were a tad erratic but am guessing sometime February
  • congratulations honey good luck at the drs you will be fine
    love leighxxxx
  • congratulations, wishing you all the best. Don't be to worried about the drs
  • congratulations tws i hope your doctors appointment went ok keep us informed take care sammy xxxx:\):\)
  • Hi there TWS
    Hope all went well at the doctors. Thinking of you. Congratulations on the BFP xxxxxxxxxx
    Popcorn
  • Thank you all for the kind welcome and support.

Well Doctor didnt really do anything said the shop tests are as good as any he could do, so has referred me to a midwife, feel really overwhelmed, excited, but there is a big percentage of my brain that does not believe it's true, i guess that's normal until you get a bump or see a scan?

I keep on burping at the moment loads of times a day and i never normally burp much, weird.
  • Hehe, get used to it! I have been giving my oh a run for his money lately!! And no it doesn't feel real does it!! I had a scan last week and it was amazing although even now I have moments where I still can't quite believe it! xxx
  • glad u were fine at docs, i????ll let u know that its great when u get to have your first scan- i will never forget that moment!!! its lovely! hope u have a great pregnancy babe.
    love
    amanda xxx