Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

CD81 and a rant!

Oh yes ladies cd81. Defo not pg. I could scream. At what point do I go to the drs?
Oh and have you seen that Always Ultra advert that goes on about how periods just are natures way of letting you know your body is working properly?? :x YES I KNOW THAT BUT MINE ISN'T :x Stupid bloody advert.

Replies

• Flippin eck - thats soo annoying grr. Have you been to the doctors yet? Id go if not if i was you
  • omg cd81?? poor you, def go dr asap if not already.

totally agree re the ad - and what about the "have a happy period" ad, is it bodyform? WTF??? makes me want to throw things at the tv!! x
  • I agree with the others, def go to the docs if only for peace of mind. I think there are a few others who've waited a long time for AF - SLOW springs to mind but I am sure there are more....

And YES those adverts are verrrry annoying :evil: x
  • Oh I hear you! My last cycle was 122 days! And that advert was making my blood boil!!!!

I totally sympathise with how frustrating it is to go so long without AF - you just feel like you've been trying for months, but actually you've not really been trying at all! But to give you a little bit of hope, on my 122 day cycle i did eventually ovulate (I really didn't think it would happen and assumed I'd just eventually get an annovulatory bleed). Anyway, as I was charting, I know that I did ovulate - had ewcm and then my temperature shot up and 12 days later got my AF.

With regards to going to the doctors, I don't know how long you've been trying, but I would say it's worth going if just to have it on your record. I went to the doctor on CD81 (weirdly!) and he said it's because I just came off the pill (that was on my 2nd cycle - first cycle was 51 days) and it's unfortunate but not that uncommon. He said i just had to wait a while longer but I could go back in November / December if things still hadn't sorted themselves out by then. However, I know others have been referred for tests immediately so you might be lucky. As I say, it's worth going so that it's on your record and if things don't get better then next time you go they'll be more likely to do something about it.

Good luck and I hope she turns up soon for you!
  • Thank you moomin thats very reassuring. This is my 2nd cycle off the pill (1st cycle 40 days) so i am in a very simular situation as you had.
    Sending babydust! x
  • oh hun sorry to hear that - but rant away! that's what we're here for image

pma to you xxxxxx
  • Thanks tou. Nobody know we're ttc so you ladies really a great support. This site is fab xx Lots of babydust to everyone xx
  • Hi ShellK,

I came off the pill in Feb and I didnt have a period until a couple of weeks ago and it was 94 days! I had an appointment booked with the docs for a couple of days later - if you book it you may scare AF out hehe! worked for me. Just hoping Im either PG (which I dont think we have done this month) or my AF is around the normal time as its SOOO frustrating! I have only just seen that advert tonight and I thought exactly the same thing!

Hope your AF arrives soon!

XX
  • Yes maybe scaring the witch is the way to go! Its ironic wanting her to come when ttc but i just want my cycles back to normal so i know where I am! I've told OH he must get me pregnant the cycle after she arrives! I can't cope with this! lol!
    Good luck getting your BFP x
  • I know it is very ironic! I actually want my next AF so then I know my cycle is getting back to some normality, I have been monitoring CM and I dont think I've even ovulated yet and I am on CD19. Sooo annoying.

Thanx, goodluck for your BFP too. XX