Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone here had chlamydia and conceived?

Replies

• Some really reassuring stories here! I'm just starting TTC and become suddenly anxious about my past 'infecting' my future.  I had chlamydia years ago for about 8 months maximum (he overlapped me with another girl so I could have had it for less time). Had bad UTI symptoms but no weird discharge or pelvic pain as seems to be the PID symptoms so don't know if it progressed to that.  

I'm paranoid about being infertile.  My sister is a midwife and I can't imagine the humiliation of having to explain my tubes are blocked (if my fears are founded), as she will know what that means! Cringe. 

Anyway, not really even got going on TTC yet but I'm scouring he forums for reassuring happy stories of women who had suffered PID or chlamydia and then gone on to have babies. Glad to have found a few here! 

• Okay I'm A Teenage Parent And I Conceive My Only Child At 14  N Had Her At 15.. But Anyways When I Was #3mths Pregnant With Her And I Got Tested For Everything ..End Up Having Chamlydia ..I Got Treated For It ..And Everything Was Fine After I Had Her.. Now I'm Not Sure If I Have It Again .. I Have No Way Or No One To Take Me To Go Get Checked Without My Parents Getting Involved. i Know Yall Thinking Like She Too Young For All This... But I Want To Conceive Another Baby  With My Current Boyfriend We Been Having Safe Sex Because Of My Situation ..He Don't Know Why Though I Just Been Beating Around The Bush ..(Not Saying I Have It ) ..I Having The Same Symptoms I Was Having Before  ..My Period Is Normal ..I Just Don't Know What To Do ?.

• Maica99 

I think you really do need to a brain completely until you know whether or not you have chlamydia. 

Do you have a screening programme in your area? Some sites offer free chlamydia postal tests that you do yourself and send off. Results are emailed or you get and phone call. When mine contacted me with my positive result they organised a full sti screening at a local clinic for me. 

Obviously this doesn't help hugely if you can't get to a clinic. 

Are you certain you couldn't confide in your boyfriend or a friend who could help you?

As for trying for a new baby, I think you should think very carefully about whether you can be sure you can provide for two children. I feel it would be a lot to cope with at my ripe old age of 30! 

Whatever the case with regards to baby, I hope you can get tested soon. It may just be a urine infection or something much less worrying!  

Ally xx

• To do a brain? Sorry. My phone is correcting full sentences now it seems! 

I meant: you need to do a test

My phone is such a strange creature.  

• Hello. Did they test your son to see if he contracted the Chlamydia?

• My cousin got hpv from having chlamydia and gonorrhea for over 8 months. She still got pregnant with her second baby about 5 months ago. Hope is not lost loves

• Been trying to conceive for over a year now with my fiance. Back in 2012 my test came back positive for chlamydia, I had lost my virginity 4 years prior to that so knowing I could have been untreated for a max of 4 years. I Have heavy periods and bad cramping. But have my period around the same time every month. Me and the fiance have never had protected sex and still fail to concieve... I have no sort or unexplained symptoms. We get married in two months after we get married we will be making an appt with the obgyn to get things check out.... really hope everything's okay... neither one of us have kids. And we're ready to start a family together!!! ): 

• Sounds a bit like endometriosis. Doc queried it with me after my 3 child was born as I had very heavy bleeding and pain at my period. Maby this is the case? My chlamydia was bad (I think) and I've since had 2 gorgeous girls and now pregnant with #4 so please don't be worrying that it's that. Best of luck with your wedding xx

• I found out my ex has chlamydia and i found out i got it from him but i got cured and now im trying to have babies but i get tired of trying and nothing happens can anybody help me and tell me what i need or has to do  

• what was your final result in this situation. I've gone through this he same thing 

• Hi! What was your end result?! I hope everything worked out for you 

• Yes! I had it when i was 17. I later haf 2 beautiful boys 😊

• Do you know how long you had it for? This is my biggest fear of not being able to have xhildren

• What were your end results?

• I personally think I had it years as I bled after sex a good bit. I went on to have 3 gorgeous kids and I'm now pregnant with my fourth x

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Quick question, I'm currently pregnant they told me I have chylmadia, but they said if you have chylmadia that it is impossible to get pregnant until you cure it. as far as what I've read in the articles on google, so does that mean that I got it after Conceiving? In other words is my partner cheating? 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• hey...i have a friend who had chlamydia and she got pregnant.i only know if it is untreated it cause more harm.