Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone here had chlamydia and conceived?

13»

Replies

• I'm 25, when I was 16 I found out I had Chlamydia I got treated and have been fine ever since, about 3 years ago I got genital herpes. My partner and I have been ttc for 8 months with no luck, last month we used ovulation tests for first time and sex everyday throughout my most fertile period although for about 12 days straight we did the deed and nothing :'( also in a previous relationship we were ttc for 5 months and nothing it put alot of strain on relationship. Should I be worried? I recently had my first smear and had some low cells they took biopsy and said I was fine. It's really getting us down, more so me I think as fiance doesn't talk about it. He already has a 7 yr old so we know he wasn't/ isn't defective. Help!! X

• Hi Steffyjane,

To be

• Sorry Sammy your reply hasn't come up with much :(

• Sorry phone isn’t working well. Ok what I️ was going to say I️ don’t know too much about  chlamydia but I️ had it. Clearled it  up and I️ had no problems getting pregnant with all 3 babies I️ got pregnant the first try. But I️ also don’t know too much about trying to conceive. I️ do know it takes for two healthy young couples at least a year to get pregnant. And do you get regular cycles? Because if you get them every month and know when you ovulate your chances are better. But I️ would just go to your OB and have them check to make sure you  ovulate every month and make sure your ovaries are good. That’s just my opinion I️ would feel a lot better if I️ knew everything was working right and to just keep at it. As for herps I️ know nothing about it I’m sorry hun. I️ do wish I️ could help in other ways I️ always feel for other women who want to be pregnant. Just don’t get  discouraged and keep trying it will happen. Took both my cousins 6 months to fall pregnant and they are both 15 weeks now! And I’m 28 weeks with my 3rd. Stay strong and remember you can always talk to your OB nurse about anything and they will help guid you through it. ❤️ Samantha 

• Thank you for your reply, what does ob mean sorry new to all this lol! We've agreed if not pregnant by end of year we will see gp, I'm just coming to end of my monthly so will try again this month. I ovulate every month, although last few months it's been all over the place September was day 9 of cycle and last month day 19/20 x

• How long did you have the chalmydia for?

• Lol I’m sorry OB is OBGYN ( gynecologist ) and yes if “your period is everywhere” it can be tricky to pin point ovulation really, you should be fine and good just keep trying it will happen. Your young just give it time. Most women do not get pregnant right away from what I️ understand and a few people I️ know took a little bit to fall pregnant. Hope this helps 

• I'm not sure roughly 6 months max... :(

• We got our BFP 3 days ago!!!image

• Omg this is wonderful news!!! Congrats!! How exciting! I wish you nothing but the best ❤️❤️ 

• 💗💗💗 thank you so much xx

• Did you go On to conceive? Was your fertility affected?

• hi samantha, how long did you have chlamydia for?

• Hi Diva123,

I’m not sure how long I had it for and either did the doctor but I never had an outbreak and he gave me a med for me and my husband to clear it up. It could have been our ex’s but don’t know. But once it was clear I happen to conceive for the first time and I’m on my 3rd pregnacy and I got pregnant with all three on the first Try. but that was just me it’s all different for everyone. Both my couins never had it and it took them 6 months to conceive and now they are both 19 weeks pregnant with their first. If there is anything else you would like to know I will do my best to help. I do not like giving fauits hopes and saying it will be easy to get pregnant after having it. I’ve heard of people getting chlamydia and having a hard time getting pregnant but I do believe there are more factors that played in it for them. I also can be an ear for you if you ever need to talk. 😊 Sam 

• I had started to give up hope, I'm now 6+2 weeks, having our first private scan on Saturday, i had been getting lots of cramps & nausea until the Saturday just gone, this worried me an awful lot as it suddenly stopped, my useless gp assured me it's nothing to worry about. So she better be right otherwise it's Xmas ruined 

• Do not give up hope! My second pregnancy I had zero symptoms of being pregnant and at 6 weeks I started to bleed and I went into panic mode! I called my OB she reinsured me it can be normal for this to happe and have no symptoms and I had a perfectly healthy baby boy! He’s 14 months now and I’m 33 weeks with my 3rd had very little symptoms with her. My first I was very sick. Every pregnancy is all different and if you worry it’s not good for the baby, so as much as it can be hard too try and relax take deep breaths all will be ok! Besides nausea can come and go as quickly as it started. If you want email me at 

samantha15@comcast.net I’ll give you my cell and you can text me if you would like 😊

• Hi, how long do you think you had chlamydia? over a year? 

• Hi everyon, 

I was convinced for over 8 years that I would struggle to conceive after having chlamydia for just over 4 years. I had to have laparoscopy to see the damage. My right tube was a little messy, but left as clean as a whistle and both tubes leaked fluid. I was amazed To find this out.

We were still advised to try IVF, but thought after op to try for 6 months first. Well four months of trying and bingo!

I’m now 6 months and expecting first baby girl.

My chlamymia was pretty bad. It caused me horrible discharge, painful sex and bleeding after too. I was expecting the worse when I was diagnosed as I had had it for ages without knowing. 

have faith and do everything you can quickly to get the best chances. Lap test and Hsg both help clear the tubes for some.