Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Flippin cycles gone doolally - help!

Has anyone else just about lost the plot with their cycles??

My af totally surprised me by turning up this morning on cd24!! Knew we hadn't done it this month so I wasn't upset, just more like wtf??!! Since coming off the pill in September I've had 52 days, 34 days, 26 days and now 24 days!! Should soon be down to a 10 day cycles at this rate!

Also didn't get a + on the ov sticks this month. Am I even ovulating at all? Has anyone had anything similar to this??

Any help much appreciated xx

Replies

• Didn't want to read and run image

Bah to af!! Have you tried taking Agnus Castus to regulate your cycles? The first month I took it my cycle went from 23/24 days to 27 so I'm wondering if it'll stay at that this cycle.

If your cycle was shorter than normal did you use the ov sticks at the right time? If it was only 24 days, you could have ov'd on day 10?
  • Oh I wondered about the Agnus Castus but thought that was to bring them on - with which I don't need any help!! If it's to regulate then I could try that, thanks!

I was supposed to ov test from day 10 as I was doing SEP but didn't start til day 11. Had EWCM and ov pains on day 13 but still no pos. Good point though, could have been day 10, although I had very short luteal phase the previous month.

Flippin eck this is complicated!! Thanks for your suggestions. xx
  • Oh it is complicated!! I am fed up and it's only our first month! LOL!!!

Good luck chick x x
  • Thanks and good luck to you too!

Hope your bfp is just around the corner xx
  • Hi!
    My cycle has gone the other way, always used to be 28 days, on the dot. Then got preg and had a miscarriage and the operation to clear things out and then my periods have extended, by 2 days each month!!! Aarrrgg....so I know how you feel as it is like trying to hit a moving target. Last month it was 37 days long

As for the ov sticks, the first few months I used them I had no LH surge at all and I used them exactly as supposed to...during this time I had an ultra sound and even saw my ovaries and eggs so know they are there...lol
    Then for the first time last month I had a positive on them.....but still no BFP.
    Saw my GP and she says that hormones can talke up to a year to settle and that just me stressing about them is enough to send my cycle off course. So my plan is to chill and chart my cycles as I have been doing and hope for the best....this I find hardimage

Good luck xx
    Sian
  • It's so frustrating isn't it - like you say, a moving target!! It's hard enough when you know when you're ovulating but now - no chance!

Oh well, I hope relaxing and not worrying is the trick to a swift bfp!

Good luck Sian xx
  • Hi Nutbag,

I had my mirena coil removed in september and ever since have had a 21, 33, 41 and this month a 25 day cycle. Its madness I dont know when im ov most months and its either a shock when af arrives early or i think im pg cos its so late. This month like you I knew we hadnt done it this month so not upset and also I have had a relaxed attitude about it since the new year and thought it would help but so far it has not done the trick. I used ov sticks the 2nd month ttc but i didnt get a + either!! so i gave up on them and now we bd whenever we feel like it rather than making sure we do it in perfect timing.
    Good luck x x
  • I am having the same trouble.
    I have PCOS nnormally my cycles are exactly 30 days long n always on the same day n now AF is here today a week earlier than expected.
    And I aslo have my OH SURPRSE 30th on saturday which aint good...

Also means all my hard work BD has gone out the window cause it was on the wrong days. We done so well this mth too.

Have fertility dr appointment next monday am very nervous....
  • It's so difficult especially if (like you Lady-Gibrill) you feel you have done well at bd'ing!!

Ours didn't go so well this month, really because of the pressure, so now we're going down the same route as you Fiona and being a bit more relaxed about it. I'm hoping that helps, but isn't it frustrating when you poas day after day and don't even get a whiff of a positive on an ov stick?

We've alo been trying since September Fiona but I have a good feeling about 2008 (have had an incredibly pants week so I am making a HUGE effort to be positive and look to the future - be happy!)

Good luck to you all and look forward to chatting soon xx
  • It does put pressure on n I too try to remember that its making love not just a baby....

But i cant trick my brain...even my subcncious knows whats going on.
  • ah-hah, but whilst you will always know, your dh doesn't need to, and he's the one who has to - ahem- deliver!! I think stopping all the talk of the 'right time' will help in our situation. Men are quite simple and forget quite easily (from my personal experience!) so if I just seduce him then he might not put 2 and 2 together and realise it makes ovulation!! (hope there are no men reading this!) xx
  • Im too feeling good about 2008 but i think its because we have 11months to get pg, surely its bound to happen especially since we have already had a baby. Yes using ov sticks that 2nd month was so frustrating to get negs every day.
    The way I see it, if I get bfns then its not meant to be yet or the timing is wrong. And its probably been luck we havent concieved yet because we have a puppy and a naughty toddler so im stressed and glad im not pg! But I suppose If i fell pg before xmas maybe we wouldnt have bought a puppy?
    Im Happy whether I get a BFP or BFN this month, I really dont mind x x