Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else on CD1 and Charting BBT this month?

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if I can buddy with anyone this month who is on CD1 and due to start taking temperature,

We have decided to give this a go this month, before we seek medical advice.

Good luck to everyone due to test this week.

[Modified by: MrsWard on 13 February 2008 11:23:25 ]

Replies

• hi mrsward

i am charting too and would be great to have a buddy! on cd2 now

have you charted before? this will be my 2nd month

Emma x
  • Hi Emma

I have not charted before and we have decided to try this before we take the doctors route. My temp doesn't seem to be too high, but we are confident that this month it will work.

Sarah
  • I was going to try charting until I read that you have to do it same time every day and have at least 3 hrs sleep b4 hand. Im a very poor sleeper and wake loads through the night and am up at all different times. Hope it works for you both tho, good luck xx
  • Yeah it has been working well the past 2 days, not sure how I will feel getting an alarm call at 6am on the weekends. I will let you know.
  • i found it really useful last month

i think you have to do it for a couple of months before you can see an ov pattern....obviously once you get that high temp ov has passed but after a few months you should be able to see a pattern. its also good for seeing how long your luteal phase is, and also if/when you are PG!!

• Is it right that your temp drops before ovulation? My temp this morning was really low, but I am only on day 3. Could be that I am not using the thermometer correctly.

• well i've only been charting for one month, but have found the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" really useful.

According to the book, your temps stay low before you ovulate, then you get a thermal rise the day AFTER you ovulate. Your temps stay high then until your next period, when they start dropping again. If you ahve more than 18 days of high temps following OV, you are almost certainly pregnant.

I'm on Day 4, and my temps have been roughly 36.4 to 36.5. last month after i'd ov'd they went up to 37.8, so i knew i'd ov'd.

Hope that helps!!
  • I have that book, but my temp yesterday (sorry been charting in Farenheit) was 97.8 but today was 94. Not sure I have been doing it right. Will see what happens over the weekend.

DH believes I am just a cold fish.
  • Hi All, I am new to this site.

Well, I am also charting my BBT and this will be month # 3 for me.

I have a question regarding the end of the luteal phase and CD1. I know the luteal phase ends on the day of temperature drop. Does that mean it's CD1of the next cycle the temperature drops? My temp dropped on 25th Feb and then I had some spotting. The next day was very light as well. It was heavy on 27th and 28th. I am confused what day will be CD1 for my next cycle - will it be 25th or 26th? If anyone knows a site that talks in detail about how to identify the CD1 it will be great!

Thanks and good luck to you all!
  • Hi there

I'm new to this site as well.

I am charting my BBT (on 2nd month). From what I have read (and assuming I'm interpreting it right), cycle day one is the first day of true menstrual flow. Spotting apparently doesn't count as menstrual flow.

As for fluctuating temps, mine do that quite a bit (I chart in farenheit as well) - you're probably more likely to notice a fluctuation in farenheit as the range is greater.

I'm currently on cycle day 21 (of a 27 day cycle) so just six days left to wait to see if AF shows up!! Got acne for the first time in years this month, so hoping that's a good sign!!!!

Best wishes
    Claire, x

[Modified by: Littleowl on February 29, 2008 09:30 PM]