Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

She's here!

I got my first AF today since stopping my pill, how do I know what day of my cycle I will OV?

Replies

• You don't! You can guess how long your cycle will be, based on af pre-pill. But there is no guarantee it will be the same length. You will need to bd every other day from about CD 10 (unless you want to start earlier!) Look out for ov signs like ewcm, pain or cramps. You can use ov sticks if you want, but this might be something to move onto, if you don't get any signs.

You might not even ov during youe first cycles off the pill, sometimes it takes time for your body to get used to needing to ov again. But on the other hand, you are also very fertile after coming off the pull.

Good luck. xx
  • Its all so complicated!

I stopped taking my pill 3 weeks ago and my AF used to be every 28 days to the letter! I hope it goes back to that, it way really convenient lol!

I think I will just not worry about it for the next few months and hope nature takes its course then start charting it all if nothing happens!

Thanks for your reply!