Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I'm now in the CBFM club - PART 2 !!!

Replies

• Hi moonandstars, I had never tried it before. I think it definitely brought on ovulation as I have never ovulated that early before. I was a bit apprehensive about all the needles but it was fine. So who knows whether it contributed to my BFP or not but it's worth a try!
  • Yay daffodil, that's great!

Broody, we all have days like those, have you made up yet?

Edenpinkprincess, everyone is different, I wouldn't worry about it, your time will come, maybe just keep BDing for the fun of it!!image

Glennsangel, is it time for you to do another test maybe?

Well I'm on CD9 and got another high and also a metallic taste in my mouth - I got this last month too!

xxx
  • Just a quickie...broody hun please dont look at the lines, let the monitor read the tests, u know it works. You'll stress yourself out more, thats why we all got the monitor so we dont have to guess at lines!! xx
  • Morning ladies, This morning on CD10 CBFM asked me to POAS which I did, but the bit of the stick didn't turn blue like it usually does after it's wet, do you think this is OK? I checked and it was definetly wet. It says a high agsin, which means I've had 4 days of highs too, is this normal? Sorry for all the questions, but it's my first month using it and I'm just not sure! Hope everyone else is OK and you're feeling better Broody xxxx
  • Morning, cant say ive noticed it turning blue before, not the actual pee bit! Im sure its all fine rainbow, i had 6 highs before i got my peak on the first month xx
  • Aww, thanks Pickle, I feel loads better now! How's your cycle going xxx
  • Glad to hear it! All going fine i think, as in im on CD 19 today and low and it didnt ask me to POAS. Am really not SS at all, everyone says that the 2WW goes so slow but for me im like oh god AF is due next thursday, that doesnt seem far away and then its start all over again...but of course it wont be cos i'll get my BFP! OH bless him, is all up for trying now so im not putting him off haha i think it's finally clicked with him that we have to do a bit more....and also we found out yesterday that some friends are expecting, so pleased for them cos they've been trying a while and have had 3 mcs but its definately made OH think. xx
  • Hi! Can i join you in preperation for next month?

I'm in 1st month of ttc second and currently on 10dpo! I had been having symptoms all weekend so thought implantation may have happened so tested at 9dpo with a 10miu test that said you can use it from 7dpo... BFN. And all my symptoms have gone now 9funny how a BFN can do that ha) so i'm out this month it seems.

I bought a cbfm to use when ttc my first... but got my bfp before it arrived in the post! But as soon as AF comes I am getting it straight out of its box to use this time! Also going to buy some preseed because i used that the cycle i got my BFP with my first.

Can't wait for my first peak (hope i get one!) especially because i love a gadget which makes life easier, and hate trying to work out which line is darkets on OPKS hee hee

Hopefully (in the nicest way) by the time I am using my cbfm and posting on here, most of you wont be here.... because you will all be in the pregnancy forum instead with your BFPs ... baby dust to all!

TM xxximage
  • Hello ladies!

Daffodil - thank you for your post and congratulations again!!

Quick update on me.... yep we've made up now and yeah i feel a bit better today because we BD'd last night (with a nice amount of storage from hubby seeing as we hadnt BD'd since Sat morning - ha ha!), and i was getting tummy pains last night.... and then i got my first peak today!! Woo hoo! CD20, so looks like i'm on track for a 34 day cycle which is fine for me!
    Still wish we'd managed to BD on Sunday too - but then i guess there wouldnt have been as many 'swimmers' last night if we'd done it Sunday too - so every cloud has a silver lining,
    The plan now is to BD tonight, tomorrow and Thurs.... although i tell you what girls.... (TMI alert)... you really notice the differece with the 'amount' there is when you wait a bit longer between BDing! Part of me wants to give it a miss tonight and wait till tomorrow so that hubby can 'grow some more' ha ha!! But then if i dont get my BFP i'll be blaming myself for not BDing on both peaks.... oh the dilemma!!!

Pickle - thanks for the telling off. You're right, i shouldnt be looking at the lines... i even told someone that myself! I am going to let this expensive little device do it's job!

Rainbow... the bit we actually wee on (or dip into a deodorant lid in my case!) doesnt ever turn blue??? The window does where the reading is.... but never seen the actual tip turn blue?
    As for you highs.... i wouldnt worry about it... i had 3 highs on my first CBFM cycle, and only 2 this cycle... so i reckon it defo jumps about a bit. Just keep BDing every other high at the moment and save yourself for those peaks!! image

Edinpinkprincess - i'm sorry you're feeling so naff. Listen, what would you prefer? A load of highs that dont actually mean anything coz the machine cant read your body properly? Or lows until CD 16, then highs on 16+17... and then your peaks on 18+19 (which is exactly how it could go for a totally normal 32 day cycle - but not exactly how so please dont stress if it doesnt go like that)! ((hugs))

TheMrs - welcome!! well hopefully you wont be joining us at all coz 9dpo is very early to test!! So there's still hope for you yet!!

xx
  • Hello everyone.

I thought I had better check in as I haven't been on here for almost a week! The reason being that I've been trying to put this TTC lark to the back of my mind for a little as it's beginning to stress me out.

TMI WARNING!!

I think the problem is that hubby and I are both staying at our parent's house for the moment while we wait for our house purchase to complete so it's a bit of a passion killer. More so for me than him it would seem. I'm on CD17 today and have had highs for a week now but have only managed to BD once which was last night. I think it's a cross between staying with the parents and the pressure i'm putting on myself to conceive that's making it so difficult, but as we start getting intimate I all of a sudden I completely 'dry up' - (sorry) and can't do anything about it. Then I get all upset and we end up just hugging and falling asleep. It's driving me mad and of course adding to the pressure of TTC.

Sorry ladies, I don't want to sound like i'm moaning, just getting a bit cross with myself and needed to air my thoughts to someone. Thank you for listening. x
  • Hi chickychoo - oh hun, i'm sorry you're feeling like this - but i was going to suggest the exact same thing as EPP... although i was going to say to try Preseed. Zestica might be the same (I've never looked into it) but preseed can be bought in ready-to-use applicators... and you can get a trial pack online with just 3 lots in? I dont use it very often at all... only twice actually and i have the final lot left which i might use tonight coz it's my first peak.

EPP... you're welcome! That's what we're all here for! I'm a total worrier too - i am SUCH a negative person... always see the bad side in things... i need to learn to start listening to some of my own advice! xx
  • Ladies,,,,, i'm sure we've all been asked this on other topics before, but where are we all in the world?
    xx

[Modified by: **Broody** on October 22, 2009 10:36 AM]

• Thanks girls. I have thought about trying Zestica or Preseed but just worry that it would add to the stress. I'll see what happens this month and if nothing then i'll perhaps give it a go next time.

Broody - so pleased that you've got your peak!

xx

[Modified by: Chickychoo on October 20, 2009 02:50 PM]

[Modified by: Chickychoo on October 21, 2009 10:36 AM]

• Hello again.... yeah a peak for you Broody!!!
    Congratulations daffodil,really pleased for you x
    And rainbow i think it may be time to test again yes!!
    CD43 and DPO17 now i think...???!!
    It's all getting rather confusing!
    Not got any other symptoms to mention i don't think,although i've been feeling really sniffly and a bit bunged up but also nose is running,no sore throat or anything else.
    Oh and i'm from Farnborough, won't say which one as like edinpinkprincess says not alot of peeps now we're trying!! x
  • Gosh, you ladies have been busy on here today!

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the little window didn't turn blue!

I'm from the West Midlands, am 26 years old and TTC our first.

Edinpinkprincess, ate you doing OPK's too?

Chickychoo, I used to be like this quite a lot, and I found that as were were *ahem* getting intimate, I wuld worry which of course made things all the worse. I used to have some help and found it made a huge difference.

Pickle 2ww - argh - I hate it, although I'm not too far away from it myself now.

xxx
  • Evening all just been having a read, so much to remember from u all! Main thing is yay for broodys peak!! Im sure u'll get your BFP this month cos compared to me and OH u two have been at it like rabbits it seems!! Yep 2WW is very quickly nearing the 1WW, i find it goes too quick! Do any of u carry on BDing durring the 2WW?? we have done this month, infact OH is more keen now as he says im not stressed, he's got a very fair point....oh and im from Somerset xx
  • Sorry glenns*angel, I didn't see your post - the blue thing was my POAS for CBFM!

Pickle, yep I BD in 2ww just for the hell of it, like before all this TTC malarky! :lol:image

TBH I find the whole month goes so slow, I just want to keep going to testing time for my hope of a BFP!

xxx
  • Morning ladies!

Yikes, i need to start coming on here of a night so that i dont have so much to catch up on when i get into work (and should be working - ha ha).

Glenns Angel - what is going on with your cycle then?? When did you last test? And when you say your 17dpo - is that from your peaks on your CBFM?

Pickle - nearly in the 1ww!! Woo hoo!! I'm only about a week behind you coz got my 2nd peak today! And AF usually arrives 13 days after the 2nd peak. Arghhhhhh i wanna go into July together!!!
    As for Bding in the 2ww.... we do but only when we want to, so for 2wks we manage to go back to our usual sex life which is lovely! Although... hubby said to me last night "when can we stop doing this for a while and have a rest?" ha ha ha!! But if your OH is more eager now then keep going with it, and maybe in future (although hopefully you'll get your BFP this time) dont tell him when you're getting highs & peaks??? Mind you, we have to BD for about 5 days in a row at that time - so it might be a bit tricky not to tell him coz he'll prob figure it out!

EPP - glad you're feeling more positive. I reckon you'll have a high by the weekend. How often are you BDing anyway??
    During my first month of using CBFM, i still used a cheapie OPK every other day - just to confirm what the machine was telling me.... and it was spot on! Yesterday i got my 1st peak, so last night i used a cheapie OPK again and the 2nd line was there bold as you like! So i'm not gonna bother anymore coz the CBFM clearly works!

Girls.... quick question.... i got my first peak yesterday using my 9th test stick. So today i turned the machine on, and it just said Peak again! Without asking me to POAS!! Why???? Do you reckon it's coz it realises i only have 1 stick left so it's gonna try and only make me use that 1 stick this cycle??
    I'm thinking it might automatically give me a high tomorrow - and then ask me to use my final stick the day after to check i've gone to low... what do you all think??? Or do you reckon there's something wrong with it????

xx
  • Hello Broody

That's really strange isn't it. If I were you i'd call the CBFM phone line and ask them what they think. I've called them before and they're so helpful. I do think that our little gadgets know what they're doing and wouldn't have thought that this is a blip. Just tried to google it too but couldn't find anything.

EPP - we don't think you're strange at all. When we were living and commuting every day in London it was the last thing on our minds. Is this your first month in using the monitor? During my first month I didn't get a high until day 21 so please bear with it. xx
  • EPP - i dont think you're strange at all! But i do think you need to be having sex more often... just in case the machine is wrong (altrhough i really dont think it is). What are your plans gonna be when you get highs & peaks?? ~BDing every day? Coz i tell you what - it is bloody hard work! Last night neither of us could be bothered AT ALL but it was my 1st peak so we had to! I ended up being silly and dancing round the bedroom doing a comedy striptease - and my hubby was really laughing... and it just broke the ice. We had a cuddle and we were like "right, we gotta do this!".... and so we did! But laughing about it is defo a good thing.

chickychoo - oh no, do you really think u should call them?? Arghh i hate tihngs like that! I'll try and build up the courage today and might call them tonight! xx