Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how many highs before a peak?

hi this is my first proper month of ttc number 3 and first month of using a cbfm i have had 6 days of highs so far, i was just wondering if this was normal how many highs do you usually get before a peak? thanks babydust to all image

Replies

• Options
    perfectly normal hun,i think i had about 13/14before i got my first peak.....if i can give you a bit of advice it would be just to go with the flow with the cbfm for the first month..maybe the 2nd before it gets into a pattern,i stressed myself out my first month because i didnt think i would get a peak..sometimes you dont always get one on your first month,its just trying to get used to your cycles and will use the whole 20 sticks the first 2 months and then it will start to use 10 a month xxx

HTH x

[Modified by: grudie on September 17, 2010 10:01 AM]

• Options
    I didn't get one at all during my first month and it freaked me out! I used all 20 sticks and all highs image

But then last moonth (my 2nd month) I had 7 highs and then got my peak! Was expecting my highs to be later this month but I got my first one the same day as last month so either i'm going to ov earlier or my hormones are high for longer as it seems normal to get 2-4 highs then a peak! Not for me!!
    xx
  • Options
    i used 10 sticks on my first month, low 6 and 7, high from 8 to 14 (so 8 highs) peaks on 15 and 16, an automatic high day and then all automatic lows. I had heard that you can get lots more highs in your first go at it as the monitor doesnt know whats low and high for you. This time on my 2nd month at it it didnt ask for a stick until day 8 and has stayed low until today (day 13) and it was high today. So im guessing im going to ovulate a similar time to last month but that this month is more realistic with my highs - these highs probably really are the few days prior to peaking. When it gets used to you you are supposed to have between 1 and 5 highs i think.

Was pleased i peaked in the first month and only had to use 10 sticks - as lots of people dont peak first go and have to use 20. Good luck.
  • Options
    I had highs from CD6 to CD22, then a peak CD23 and 24. back to high CD25. Just snuck in before my last stick!! I did an OPK CD21, CD22 and CD23 just in case it missed my peak as I was getting ewcm. The CBFM is fantastic tho. I had a positive OPK Friday but peaks sat and sun - my temp confirmed I OVd on Sunday. In the past we have sometimes stopped after a positive OPK - turns out I OVd 2 days later. I love mine, it is so much more precise than opks! Good luck.
  • Options
    well i only had highs this month and its now back to lows fingers croased for a peak next month
  • Options
    It sounds as though I'm completely different from everyone else. I've been using mine for 3 months now and have had 2 highs followed by 2 peaks then 2 highs. All the rest low. Maybe I'm the odd one?
  • Options
    2girlywhirlies stick with it - i promise it will pay off. there's nothing lovelier than seeing that egg symbol (apart from maybe a BFP - but i wouldnt know about that yet!) Optimism - i think you were lucky your monitor knew about you from the off. Mrs EH i know you are pg, how many months on cbfm did it take? Im on 2nd month, highs 13,14 and peaks 15,16 and one last high on 17. Bd's 12,14,15,16 and 17. 5dpo today and getting wierd period twinges i dont remember having before. Cant help getting excited.
  • Options
    Hey girlywhirlys

Dont worry about the highs, everybody is different, i think i got about 10 highs before i got my 2 peaks, i didnt think they would ever end, felt i was wasting sticks. I ended up using 20 sticks on my 1st cycle.

Dont worry you will get it eventually image) Its so exciting seeing the egg symbol to others that is sooo weird. hehe

MPP
    xxx