Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A question for all

2»

Replies

• Options
    I can't believe that!! Thats the thing i came off the pill and started trying right away which is the time you are most fertile but if I had gone to the doctors then i know he would of said to wait for three months before trying when i see no real point to?

xxx
  • Options
    Been ttc for 9 months now, so I'm glad I ignored him, wait a YEAR then another 9 months (at least) on top of that!!! I dont think so!!! :lol:
  • Options
    HA HA HA they just don;t seem to are do they. It makes me laugh how scare I use to be when i missed one pill i use to think i was going to fall preg right away what a fool i was.

xxx
  • Options
    I think if you have been trying for awhile or there are problems then yes you should defo go and see the doctor. This was more for people who just start trying, I was wondering if I needed to have gone rather than just have started.

It;s great to hear you have a very understanding doctor honey and that you have got some help image I will keep everything crossed for you xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Maybe I was lucky getting to see a nice GP! I was told just to get started trying the moment I came off the pill although I know others who were encouraged to wait a few cycles. My GP said it can help with dating if you've waited for at least one normal cycle but there is no real need to do so.

As far as having blood tests done once you are pregnant - I was told this too and they do all the routine checks for rubella, etc at 16 weeks but I wasn't willing to wait! Frankly I think it's ridiculous that you have to be pregnant before you find out you may not be immune to something that can damage your baby. I wanted to know before so I could have any appropriate immunisations before I was pregnant. If they find out you aren't immune to rubella at 16 weeks it is pretty much no help what so ever... I like the advice to "stay away from anyone who may have it" as though you can tell...

I was exposed to chicken pox early on - the individual who had it didn't know until after she had spent plenty time around me and two other pregnant women in our department. Luckily we'd all had it already so no harm done. But again my GP had asked about this and I believe there is an vaccination if needed.

I also found it useful to know what to do when I had my BFP. I was told that at my practice I should arrange to see a GP once I had a positive on a HPT and they would do a test to confirm. Then I would make an appt with the midwife. But you can find out your practice's procedure by calling them I guess.

I found it very reassuring to see my GP. No harm in a bit of planning but if you know you're immune to the biggies then you are probably right not to bother going - especially if you don't like or trust your GP!