Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

clomid

Hi girls
I had been ttc for 2 years and it was really getting me down each month when i found out i wasnt pregnant. I wasted lots of tests in the hope that 1 would be positive. After lots of tests, operations etc they found out that i had endometriosis and i wasnt ovulating. My consultant put me on 50mg clomid for 1 month. I had really bad sweats as a side effect. Blood test results showed that my levels had tripled and all i needed to do was have lots of sex- Every other day as sperm lives inside you for 3 days, this way there would be lots of the little men working! I was also told that after sex you should just lie there. Mayge tilt your pelvis for half hour so that nothing drips out! To my surprise i am now 12 weeks. Pregnancy isnt anything like i thought it would be as i still get the awful period pains i used to get plus feeling and being sick all the time, hungry and tired. However im so excited about when the little one actually arrives, and keep my fingers crossed that nothing will go wrong in the mean time. I will briefly say tho that the clomid has given me a massive 10cm cyst to content with which can cause complications so regular scanning and support from your consulatant is vital. Good luck for those of you who are ttc. Dont give up and enjoy the sex.

Replies

• Options
    congratulations hannah! i had IUI on monday so just waiting patiently (or not) to see if i'm preg. 2 weeks is a long time!!! i was put of 150mg of clomid this time. i suffer from headaches and sweats and hot flushes. the clomid caused a few fibroids last time which weren't spotted untill 25 weeks, luckly they weren't very big and caused no problem, they have since gone. hopefully they won't come back.
    it's so good to hear that other people use clomid and have sucess with it.
  • Options
    Hi robynsmummy.
    Its funny how many people actually have tried the drug. Me AND my hubby found that so many people i know had trouble ttc after i told them about our difficulty. Its a shame it isnt spoken about more, then us girls wouldnt feel so pressured. Im keeping my fingers crossed for u. From what u say im assuming u already have a little bundle of joy? Which u conceived on Clomid?
    Hannah
  • Options
    yes i've got a little girl who's 1 on friday and yes she was conceived after using clomid. you must think i'm crazy trying for another so soon but as i don't ovulate on my own and i have a bad case of PCOS then while i've got age on my side (i'm 24), i want to build on my family. i too was suprised at how many other couples who we know struggle to conceive, yet until i was quite open about it they never said anything.
  • Options
    i am on my second round of clomid the first time it didnt work but the dose was not increased its such a stressful time. any tips for me