Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

IGNORE

1235»

Replies

• :lol: love it SD!! Not that u am spreading gossip or anything from Cosmo but my last post on this thread is what we do according to some immature smart arse on Cosmo
  • sorry girls but if you look Elsbeth is an old member,she didnt just sign in here to comment
  • I think I am unusual on BE as I don't chart or use OPKs or any of that stuff. I kind of agree with Elsbeth in that for me, it would take the romance out of it all and I feel that it would put us both under too much pressure if we knew that 'tonight is the night'. We BD every 2 days all through the month and I kind of like the fact that every time we do, we could be making a baby - well, as far as we know. It also means that we have to put lots of effort into our sex life (hard to do sometimes as we have an almost 2 year old),
    But anyway, this is how we want to do it for now and it's only (only!) been 8 months, but i'm not ruling out using opks etc in the future if it takes much longer.
    That said, I think it's fantastic that these products are available and can help either people who are having problems or just people with a different personality to me who like the element of control it gives them. It's all about personal choice at the end of the day and we're so lucky to be living in a time that gives us all these choices.

This post has probably gone too far now, but i have found it interesting in as much as it could have been a debate in whether or not to use opks etc as i often wonder if maybe i should be using them.
    I feel that it's a shame that it has descended into bitchiness as it has, there's no need for it because this is usually such a nice supportive site. We're all either parents or parents to be hopefully so it would be nice if we could ask questions/post opinions in a mature manner without people taking it so much to heart or taking things personally when people posting them genuinely don't mean to offend. Personally i don't see the need for name calling or swearing.
    As others have said, if you post online you open yourself to criticism but equally if you come on these forums there will always be posts with content you disagree with.
  • That was really well said hun x
  • mrsc06 i agree with you that it is always a personal choice. i feel the name calling and swearing a little severe but what i would say is that i do not agree with posting things that disses the way people choose ther ttc journey. what is for one is not for the next person and as i said in a previous post that post was always going to upset someone.xxx
  • Grudie, i know she was part of this website before, but apparently she left as we are all group huggers and bitchy. And that was before i appeared by the way. She only came over here because one girl got suspicious on Cosmo as to why people were disagreeing with Elsbeth as they all obviously have to agree so she knew i was on baby expert and hunted me down and put the link on cosmo to this post.

That is what i found annoying, i never posted a link to Elsbeth's comment, i just said i had read it somewhere on Cosmo. I never named her or anything, she did that herself when she came on here. So i come across as the bitch but on Cosmo there is a link to MY post and everyone is against me because Elsbeth is a "god" on there. Which is why i got het up over it and i hope people can understand that. It has gone to far though and needs to be dropped now. I stick with what i said, i dont want her pity or anyone elses and i will do what i like and i dont need her feeling sad for me neither xx
  • Hey sweetie, no more stressing, nip onto my post and tell me what your favourite tipple is, (((hugs)))
  • well that was wrong on her part also

i have my own opinion on things but sometimes as much as i would like to say them and i am a very fiery out spoken person,and im sure my hubby would vouch for that ;lol: and family and friends ok the list goes on lol but i dont say them mainly because 1 it can start arguments and 2 i cant be bothered with the backlash of having a very strong opinion

sometimes the controversial post attract very strong opinions and if we feel very strongly about it we comment and it gets way out of hand

nothing wrong with being yourself BUT sometimes its better to think before you speak if your not willing for different replies,in the tinternet world you dont always get the reply/answers you want

and ive been here a while i no how supportive and great be is but i also no how post can get out of hand x
  • but also saying that i no most people dont hold a grudge and as far as im concerned i prefer to get it all done with shake hands and agree to disagree and move on were all big girls now after all x
  • I only made one comment on this post and the cosmo girls picked on me :cry: certainly made me feel like sh!te!!

Your posts do get out hand, but hey it makes interesting conversation!! Lets hope this is the end of it all now, I wonder if they could make a musical out of your posts one day, it would be like west side story or something, 2 gangs fighting each other!!

The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same way!! :lol: