Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

CD21 and Finally had a SURGE! :)

Hello All,

Have been POAS since CD10... and was away from DH CD18/19, feeling really glum over the weekend as thought we would've missed OV. POAS yesterday and nothing, but BD'd in anycase... just for fun! Woke up this morning with one more OPK left and HURRAH a definate strong blue surge line striaght away! SO BD'd again first thing this morning and will BD again tonight!

Has put me in a great mood all day!

However bit confused as my cycles are normally 28 days... isnt CD21 a bit late to be ovulating?

Thanks
xx

Replies

• Yay! Maybe you are just having an extra long cycle. I think you normally get AF 12-16 days post ov so that would put you on a 33-37 day cycle I think? xxx
  • If your af still comes on day 28 that means you have a short luteul phase and might be worth getting checked out. If it turns out longer like Angela suggests then it's no prob! Good luck sweetie - sounds like you've certainly covered all your bases! x
  • Has anything happened that's stressed you out when you would normally expect to ov for your 28 day cycle? Its a common myth that stress can delay your period but this isn't actually possible, stress can delay your ov though but as Angela says we all always get AF between 12-16 days after ov.
    xxxx
  • congratulations babydancer dont bd too often though or his sperm count will drop for each load! you might be better to BD again tomorrow instead of tonight, as the surge line means ovulation should occur within 24-36hrs, so you should catch the outside window,

But, what do I know? Everytime we BD over ov I think, maybe we should do it once more today in case!!!

xxx
  • Thanks everyone!

Missed your post Wizzie...eneded up BD when we got home from work.. doh! Had a big O after hubby and legs in the air after... all seems so silly but it works for some!

I'll be looking out for AF from CD 28 but will resist urge to test until CD33 then...hmmm unlikley im imagining! xx