Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My Christmas BFP... with symptoms!

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hmmmm tricky one, I had my work xmas do last friday and wasn't drinking, I have had a stinking cold for days so used that as my excuse and don't think anyone suspected!

Xmas day should be ok as we are visiting family in the morning, will tell them that I won't drink till I have cooked the dinner later on image, and not sure about New Years, been invited to a party (someone from work) so going to be a tough one, any fab excuses welcome!
    xxx
  • Options
    well we are doing xmas here for my mum and dad... i have schloer which i am going to drink from a champagne flute and hope my mum thinks it is champagne!

new year WILL be more difficult as my friends have already sad they will know as soon as i am pg as i will stop drinking! we are going to a party at my friends house and i thought about telling her and she could help me cover it for the rest of the night... hubs doesn't want to tell anyone though!

ANY EXCUSES THAT HAVE WORKED WELCOME!!
  • Options
    Schloer is a good one, must get some!
    Hmm new year does sound tricky, my hubs would be the same too about telling people. Perhaps you could have a glass of wine to hold and then forgetfully put it down somewhere or pour it away when no one is looking?? Not great ideas I know!
    xxx
  • Options
    the pink schloer looks just like rose!!!

i think i will need a range of strategies...
    1) i am going to say i am driving as we have to get home for something early on new years day!
    2) i am going to have a glass of wine and not drink it... sip , tip some in the toilet etc
    3) i WILL have a glass of bubbly at midnight - hubby has said i am allowed 1!
  • Options
    Good plan Mrs B!!
    Loving no2, hopefully by mid way through the night most people will be too drunk to notice anyway! xxx
  • Options
    EXACTELY!!!!
    its just a matter of conning them until they are too drunk to notice!
  • Options
    Congratulations and Merry Chrstimas! image
  • Options
    Congratulations sweetie! On the drinks side, just say you're on antibiotics xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations H&H 9 months to you both x
  • Options
    Thats great News!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations x