Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coming off the pill

Hello,

This is my first time on this site, but i could relly do with some advice. I came off the pill at the end of April after being on it for 10 years, to try for a baby.

As yet i have still not had a period (4 months). I went to the doctors about 4 weeks ago and they just said wait 6 months.

Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone got any advice?

Thanks image

Replies

• when i came of the pill i came on within a few weeks have you done a test? x
  • I can't even remember how many tests i have done now - all negative. Getting realy frustrated now!!
  • everyone i know all came on quite quickly, mostly in the same month!
  • hi hon,
    i came off the pill at the begining of may after 13 years. about a week ago i had 3 days of VERY light bleeding, as in only occassionally when i wiped....(sorry if tmi!) so im really not sure if this counts as af or not!
    have heard of some people waiting six months for first af. and trust me i know how frustrating it is, but would suggest your dr wouldnt put you off unnecessarily.
    im just waiting to see what happens next month...hoping for a stronger sign of af....
    hope you get something soon!
  • Hi again,

Thanks for your reply, makes me fell better knowing i am not the only one. I keep getting all the sigsn that my AF is coming but then nothing. I have a holiday in Sept so hoping that chilling out on the beach might make me stress less and then it might come. If not, back to the Docs in October.

Keep me informed of how you get on.

Thanks again x
  • hey, i came off pill a few months ago. after my withdrawal bleed i had my first proper af 6 weeks later. it has nearly been 6 weeks again so i am hoping af will come on friday when it should do. is annoying becos i use to be 28 days and now i am nearly double that!! i am hoping that the cycles will get shorter as my body gets use to being off the pill. most doctors say it takes atleast 3 months for it to get out of ur system. my doc said ur looking at around 6 months to get back to normal. i am not in a rush as i am getting married in just under 2 months!! i came off the pill early so my body would get back to normal and then hopefully will get pg quite quick after i am married! ( hoping!!) we have a long honeymoon so that seems to be the best thing for getting pg, having a holiday and completely relaxing!! i am hoping will come back with some extra baggage like some of the girls on here have x
  • Hi jph5uk,
    I came off the pill at the beginning of May and also have not had an af yet, only my withdrawal bleed. I too went to the Dr's and they said wait 6 months and then they would check my hormone levels.
    Its sooo frustrating tho!! Especially not ovulating either.
    It doesn't help everyone else saying they all had af straight away either!! A friend suggested acupuncture so i am trying that but no sign of anything yet.
    Will keep you informed!!
    Stay positive - it will happen:\)
    xx
  • Hi dreamer1

Thanks so much for your post, it has made me feel so much better. I have also heard that accupuncture is pretty good. Can you let me know how this goes and maybe i might give it a try too. Its just so frustrating that my sis-in-law and 2 of my friends are both pregnant and i really thought that it would happen quick for me. People keep mentioning polycystic ovaries to me as well, which is really making me worry. Never wanted a period so much in my life!

Please keep me informed and i will let you know how i go too.

Thanks

J x
  • You could try agnus castus. It's a herb and it worked for me. Only draw back you'd have to stop ttc while taking it. I took it for 4 weeks then started to try again and got positive first month!
  • hey i was on the depo and after the 3 months wore off it took 7 months to get a period