Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how long did it take for AF to arrive???

hello girls *me* again!

ive seen a post similar to this on here b4, but its quite old so thought i would start a new one, came off my pill on 28th jane, and waiting for my first AF. just wondered how long it was after everyone came off their pill they had their first real AF???

ive been on mycrogynon for 2 yrs, im thinkin AF should be due any day now??? (i think sunday)

*sprinkle sprinkle sprinkle*

Replies

• Hiya

I was on Mycrogynon for 10 years (on and off), and my first cycle was 33 days long, so pretty normal really. On my second cycle off the pil now, so we shall see if this month is the same xx
  • I was on dianette for 9 years and my first cycle was 32 days I think and after that they varied between 25 and 28 days until we conceived our son.

Fingers crossed for you, or even better a first month BFP! x
  • Im in the same situation as you *me* so thanks for starting this thread, how long will u leave it before u test? x
  • mine was 41 days x
  • Hi
    I was on microgyon for 13 years and stopped taking it start of Jan. My first cycle was 35 days so was quite pleased with that. this is our 2nd month ttc
    sarah
    xxx
  • Hey hun,

I was on mycrogynon for about 8 years, then on Cerezette (mini pill) for about 9 months which basically stopped my periods. It took me 54 days to get my first AF, then 81 days to get my 2nd!! image

I am now on CD 11, and have my fingers crossed it wont be another 81 days (unless I get my BFP of course!)

What I would say is try to hold out on the testing, I assumed my cycles would be normal length straight away and did soooooo many tests, each BFN was more depressing than the last!! Unfortunately it is so different for everyone, all you can do is be patient and keep doing lots of BDing!

Good luck, lots of baby dust xxx
  • I came off BCP 2nd August 2009 and have had one AF since. First 'cycle' lasted 150 days and I'm currently on CD54 of this one. God knows how long it will last....?? Been diagnosed now with PCOS but I've known there was something wrong since 1997 - it was just covered up by the pill for 12 years! If you were regular before going on the pill chances are you won't do too badly coming off it!! Fingers crossed for you xx
  • hiya thanks for ur answers girls! i think i will just assume then that i will get my AF probly after the CD30 mark, i think princessA i will test around CD40, i dont think i will be PG yet, would be nice but im not getting my hopes up, but i think if i get to CD40 without and AF i will start to wonder. xxxxx
  • The temptation to test is huge, but i dont want to see a bfn, i will prob leave it till about CD40 too, just trying to work out where that takes me too? i really feel like AF is coming thou, i'm so grumpy, tired and got pains and back ache! image
  • I honestly can't recommend tracking your BBT more highly - it shows that you have OV'd so that you know for sure. It has certainly helped me in my 3 months since stopping the pill x
  • Hi, i posted a similar one today, didn't realise this was in here - i'm a newbie!

i came off pill end of dec, first cycle was 25 days then second i'm on now i'm currently on cd35 and no AF as yet and no AF symptons! had 2 BFN this week so may test again at cd40 if still no AF.

Good luck x
  • Hi *me*

Been on the pill since i was 16, Started with Cilest at 16, had to come off it as it gave me bad spots, Changed to dianette to clear my spots and improve my skin, noticed my blood pressure going up and moods changing so switched to Microgynon30, Stopped taking Microgynon in June last year and after WDB it took 28 days for my 1st proper AF, but my AF's have been irregular ever since.

MPP
    xxx
  • Hay ladys....
    I was only using contraception for a about 10 ish months after my son was born and i was on 1 shot of depo then dianette for 6 months and AF took 92days the 30+ then i lost count and it went to 27/32 ish days but for the past 8 months its been 28 on the dot..... i should point out i came off the pill 19 months ago (in 4 days) image

I am a bad case :lol: Hope you all have a better time than i have xx
  • thanks for all the info and replys girlies,AF came this morning, i did jid of think 1st month was wishful thinking, so bring on month 2! CD1! lol. take note prncessA! if i had AF then if you dont in the next few days, maybe test? good luck!

*sprinkle sprinkle*
  • sorry she got u *me* but at least you know ur cycles now. i defo feel like she is on her way to me too! i feel very achey and bloated, will keep u posted hun xx
  • It was about 4o days for me but the whole time i felt like i was about to start my AF as i had cramping after that they are every 32 days now so quite lucky. My Doc said you will eventually go back to how you were b4 you started the pill.x