Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - Another chapter

Replies

• Options
    Hi girls

how is everyone. What you up to this weekend

V x
  • Options
    Hi girls

how is everyone. What you up to this weekend

V x
  • Options
    Morning ladies,

Yet another Saturday morning when I woke up at 5.30am!! Gahhh I just want a lie in!!
    I'm having a very quiet weekend so nothing exciting for me, just about to take the dogs for a walk and then some housework - how exciting is my life!

How's your cbdm working out Vicsy?

Is that essay nearly finished yet LadyT?!

How's you tilty - have you ov'd yet?

Jenifurree - how's your 2ww? any symptoms to be spotted yet?!

Anyone else up to anything this weekend?

xxx
  • Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been about for a couple of days but I've been really busy! On the plus side I've barely had time to think about TTC so have got to CD11 today without even thinking about it really (I even had to check which day I was on this morning!) image I seem to be having a few signs that I am approaching my fertile time so will start doing OPKs today, although I doubt I'll get a positive until CD13 or 14.

Kernow, please don't worry as from what you have said you *do* have symptoms! You have bigger boobs and bloating, which most definitely are pg symptoms, as is waking up early in the morning. I think one problem with this site is that you can read about everyone's symptoms all together and then start thinking something is wrong if you don't have every single one of them. Just enjoy your easy pregnancy so far (you may be missing the lack of symptoms soon if morning sickness kicks in!) :lol:

Jennifuree, I can only repeat what the others have said about it only taking once! And the day before sounds like good timing too, so fingers crossed for you.

Vicsy, sorry you are having job stress. On a potentially more positive note though, I saw your other post on here about getting a high on CBFM on day 6! With this and your spotting pre-AF, I would be incredibly tempted to do a HPT immediately, in case the CBFM was actually picking up HCG! It at least sounds possible that your spotting / ???????AF??????? was implantation, especially if it was a light AF. Do you think you will test soon? I would definitely have caved in and done one by now! Fingers crossed for you!

I've just got some housework planned for today (boo!) and will also go running later if I am motivated enough! Then maybe some shopping tomorrow... oh, and starting the BD marathon of course! image

• Options
    ooooh just read what Tilty wrote vicsy and I forgot all about this when you were posting about v light af. My friend is 19 weeks pg. When she went for her 12 week scan she was told she was actually 16 weeks as what she'd thought was a period was just late implantation bleed!!!! And yes opk's do pick up the preg hormone! I don't want to get your hopes up but this is a possibility! oooohhh I'm really excited now!!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Girls

LadyT, cool that we are on the same day, we'll be able to symptom spot even more accurately together he he he.

Tilty, its great your week has gone quickly, it is so easy to get caught up in the ttc world isn't it? Do you do much running? There's nothing better than a nice run to clear your head is there? I think my motivation for running has ran off though :0( I am doing a boot camp though.

I'm really unsure whether to do a HPT, my af was odd this month, spotting and stuff but it seems like usual when it came. However, I think it is unusual to get high on day 6. Saying that though, knowing my luck, I will just be ov'ing really early, which is probably how we keep missing as we don't really start until day 10 ish. (iykwim). I might do a test in the morning if monitor comes up with another high.

Kernow, that happened to my friend too, she thought she was 12 and she was 16 or 18, she had had 2 light periods and thought nothing of it. How are your symptoms coming along? I don't think you have any worries hon, my sister had nothing other than no coffee (think I said this before) and her 2 are wonderful 18 and 21 year olds now.

Jennifuree, when are you testing?

Susiee, how are you getting on?

V xx
  • Options
    Hiya ladies xx

Just found out that a fella I hung around with for years when I was growing up was killed this morning in a hit and run accident.... he was onlt 33 and a dad to 4 lo's ... am quite shocked as only talked to him recently on facebook how sad image

I am 5DPO today and will be due around the 25th so won't test til after that.... read on one of the BFP post today that they bd the day before ov and it worked so fingers crossed it might work for us too!

Vicksy: you are being very good most ladies would have tested by now! have you any other symptoms?

Tilty: glad the time is flying by for you and you are more relaxed about it this month! could be all you need to get your BFP!

Kernow: I can understand you wanting to keep testing when I got my BFP with my lo I couldn't beleive that that was it no checks until mw appt several weeks later! hows things still getting away with no sickness?? lucky you xxx

LadyT: how are you???? well done for keeping on with the essay xx

Babydust to all xxx
  • Options
    Oh jennifuree. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so awful. It really knocks you for six doesn't it? I hope they get the swine that did it.

Fingers crossed for you bfp this month. The 25th will be here before you know it. X
  • Options
    Jenifurree - really sorry to hear about your friend, hope you're doing ok. It's horrible when it's a sudden thing like that, especially when there's children.

Vicsy - booo to you for making us wait to find out! And well done for holding out on testing (even though I want to know!! lol!)

I'm fine - still no sickness, I have odd waves of nausea but nothing too bad and they pass really quickly. My only symptom is still with the sore and ever enlarging bb's. I only have one bra that fits now so will have to go shopping I think! I think the hormones are really kicking in now though as I was so unreasonable to hubby yesterday (shouting, crying, angry etc) for no reason - he was a bit late home from work and I just lost it! so he's not really enjoying this stage of the pg! Hopefully this bit won't last as I'm being such a cow!

Hope you're all well

xx
  • Options
    Morning girls

Well, I tested............. and got a BFN. I did get another high and some (sorry ftmi coming up) stretchy cm that was tinged with dark brown, so no idea whats going on really. Started Bd'ing yesterday with my high but think hubby may have damaged things using the wrong lubrication (sorry girls) I could only ever say that here. lol. May bd again today and just follow the monitor and see what happens.

Kernow, I think your hubby will know it's your harmones and I'm sure he'll pamper you so you don't shout at him anymore he he. Ah bless. I think the boob thing is one of the scariest things for me, I had a reduction 2 years ago and I am so worried about them growing again? How much have they grew so far if you don't mind me asking. Hope sickness doesn't catch up with you.

V xx
  • Options
    Hi,

Vicsy, I run a couple of days a week but I don't go very far... literally just 1-2 miles which isn't very impressive I know! But I like it because it relaxes me and is cheaper than joining a gym!

How is your CBFM situation? Did you get another high, and if so do you have any thoughts about testing? Like Kernow, I am not trying to get your hopes up as it is possible to ov early, but being pg must surely be a possibility... Fingers crossed. How long are your cycles normally?

Jennifuree, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - that's terrible, and leaving lo's behind too. Things like that really bring home how it can all be taken away at any time don't they - quite a wake up call :cry:

Good luck with your 2ww and fingers crossed for you. The day before ov certainly sounds like ideal timing and it *does* only take one time so I really hope this month brings a BFP for you.

Kernow, I'm sorry about your raging emotions! That does sound like an unfortunate symptom... hopefully it will be one that passes quickly! I guess your body must not know what to make of all these new and exotic hormones flying about all over the place. Good luck with the bra shopping though!

I'm CD12 today and getting -ve OPKs (as I would expect) - maybe I'll get a +ve in the next couple of days though. I was planning a BD marathon starting from about CD12 and BD-ing once a day up until ov (one approach we haven't tried yet as we have tended to follow the theory that every other day is best so far) so may give that a go if hubby is still willing. Worth a try - just bombard the egg with swimmers! :lol:

I still feel quite chilled about this month - it's a bit weird! I mean, I still want a baby as much as ever but almost feel ok now about it taking a while and not too concerned whether it's this month, or next, or next. Maybe I'm just getting more used to the TTC stress and able to accept that it'll happen when it happens. I hope it lasts into the 2ww anyway as I found last month's really hard - it'll be much better if I can keep this feeling going! xx

• Options
    Hi there,

we must have all posted at the same time lol. my post is before your last ones. I am just using cheapy sticks which hubby thinks are a waste of time but hey if I was pregnant I would get a line on any old crappy stick wouldn't I? So it's early ov by the looks of things. Hey ho.

Susiee, I agree about the mirrors. Evil things they are. x

Good luck girls

Lots of babydust.

• Options
    Haha, there was definitely some overlapping posting going on there. Sorry it was a BFN, but at least you have the CBFM now and can track your cycle really well this month and know when you do ov (and it sounds like it could be quite soon!)

I am also due to ov in the next few days so we will be in roughly the same stage of the 2WW together. Here's crossing fingers for matching BFPs in a fortnight's time xx
  • Options
    Wouldn't that be fab, we could talk about our leaking bladders when running when pregnant lol. I wonder if that means I can test 14 day after I think I ov. he he he.

V xx
  • Options
    Hello all
    My goodness I've certainly missed a few posts.

Jennifuree I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, what terrible news.

Vicsy sorry about the BFN...but like you say, early ov means early testing!!

Kernow surely nothing wrong with a big pair of bangers (as Gok would say)! Mood swings are a bit rubbish though, hope you move on from that symptom soon for hubbies sake!! he he.

Good luck with the BDing everyone oving at the moment.

I'm on CD8 today so ages to wait but I'm going to try and seduce OH tnnight and every other day after than until CD18 I think. Ordered a digital ov kit from amazon the other day so going to see if I get some smiley faces around CD15 onwards.

I too am quite chilled out about it now, I'm thinking it will happen when it happens and even if it takes another 6 months or so then that is fine...there are definietly pros to not conceiving yet - it would also mean I can sneak in another snowboarding holiday at the end of the year image

Essay is getting there, I've had some comments from my tutor so am just trying to make it awesome rather than just OK. Gonna spend another hour or so on it then off to town to purchase some unnecessary holiday clothes.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone xx
  • Options
    Hey,

Vicsy - The day I got my bfp on the digi I had a bfn on an ebay cheapie but my opk's (which I was still using as wasn't sure I'd ov'd) had started to show darker lines whereas they'd been line free in the 2 weeks or so before. Is it worth you getting a superdrug test or something? What day do you normally ov? Are you normally pretty regular? I suppose it could just be a random cycle or maybe your cbdm is just getting used to your cycles? But I'm still holding onto the hope that you are pg!

In terms of the bb's, I think they have probably gone up a cup size. I'm normally a 34B and those bra's are tight around bb's rather than across my back so think they are just getting fuller and rounder! I'm going to get some in 34C and hope they don't grow any more in the next few weeks until I get actual maternity bras. I've noticed it more than anyone else although hubby noticed last night and so think it will soon be more obvious to others.
    Not sure if it's too early for cravings but have just decided I HAVE to have pancakes for tea tonight. Yummy, looking forward to it already!

Hope everyone else is having a good sunday

xxx
  • Options
    Hi kernow.

My periods have been spot on 28 days or 5 months and usually get ewcm around day 12 ish. I had more browny stetchy stuff yesterday on wiping (sorry way tmi) I am feeling niggly though but not sure if it's in my mind. I think the one thing that isodd us I'm getting pains like someone is sticking pins in my nipples which isn't pleasant. It's been about three weeks now since I ov'd last so not sure a different test would make a difference really. Think my body is just messing me around. I have an Asda test I suppose i could do if I have another high tomorrow. Its all very strange. Why don't you buy a sports bra and then it might last a little longer. Get it in a 36 c and put it on the last hook and then you'll get more wear out of it. I'm sure I read somewhere that it was the rib cage that expanded too and that what some ladies found uncomfortable.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hey vicsy,
    hmmm it certainly is odd if you normally have very regular cycles. Have you tried posting a thread for others who have got a cbdm? Maybe it just needs a month to work out your cycles but I would have thought opk's work pretty much the same? And the nipple thing is definately weird as this is one of my biggest symptoms, although I think I also had tingly nipples just before I think I ov'd. How many days should you get a high on a cbdm normally? As well as indicating very early ov, have there been too many high days? In which case it still points a bit to pregnancy.
    I suppose even if you're not pg this would indicate a shorter cycle so you won't have to wait so long for your BFP!
    Please keep us updated and I'm keeping my fingers and toes firmly crossed for you
    xxx
    Oh and good advice on sports bra - will get internet shopping tomorrow (any excuse lol!)
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

Thankyou for all your kind comments regarding my friend - it was just a bit of a shock image

Vicksy: Still sounds like pg hun! if its not it could mean a BFP this month I know a few ladies who cycles went a bit funny and the next thing they knew they got their BFP! so lots of PMA for ya!

Kernow: sorry to hear about the mood swings although like Susiee said you have the best excuse! good idea about the sports bra too

Susiee: Its definately not you hun those changing room mirrors are hateful things! I think the lightening in those places never helps either!

Lady T: good luck with making the essay brilliant! Did you get any nice holiday clobber?

Tilty: Well done for staying chilled this month hun - I definately think it will help so fingers crossed it lasts!

Am 6DPO today and felt a little bloated - probably just me! but its the first 'symptom' I have had so am putting it out there! lol

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Babydust sprinklings xxx
  • Options
    Hi all. How I everyone today?

I'm feeling a little fed up again, sorry. Don't mean to bring the mood down. Still nowhere with work and it's really getting me down. Got another high on monitor today and another bfn so know it's not that definately. But how can I think about bd'ing when I am so unsure about the future. Hubby took a 700 a month pay cut to change careers last year as work said things would be sorted last feb and now I'm in worse limbo than ever. I just feel so useless. Sorry to be such a misery.

How's everyone getting on then? Who's first to test? I think it may be you jenifuree.

Lots of baby dust x.