Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Insane Gang - Another chapter

Replies

• Hi all,

Vicsy, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling down. Job worries really are not good and unfortunately they seem to be everywhere at the moment with budget cuts and uncertainty everywhere image I really do hope you get some good news in the form of a BFP this month which gives you something great to smile about.

With regard to all the highs on the CBFM, maybe it is just the monitor getting used to your hormone levels. It does sound very frustrating not knowing what is going on but maybe it is just getting used to you and how your body works. Hopefully it will 'know' you better by next month (although hopefully you won't be needing it after this one!)

With regard to the brown tinged stretchy CM you had (OMG, where else could we post stuff like this?!?) I usually get that in the few days after AF each month, so it is probably not anything to worry about and also quite possibly doesn't mean anything in terms of ov. I get strechy CM for about 3 days after AF finishes normally but in my case it definitely isn't ov as I ov between about CD14-16. I have wondered why it happens myself but figure it's just normal for me, whatever it's all about.

I am on CD13 today and just got a -ve OPK that was *almost* positive (if that makes sense?) which I normally get the day before I actually get a +ve. I also have some other signs of approaching ov, so I am very much hoping for a smiley face tomorrow. In fact I will be confused if I don't get one so fingers crossed! We BD'd last night and am aiming for tonight and the next two nights too, so that should cover things nicely if I do get my smiley tomorrow.

I'm still feeling quite chilled and just hoping that doesn't change in the evil 2WW!

More babydust from me to add to all the other babydust swirling around from the rest of you lovely ladies! xx

• Hey all,

Vicsy sorry you're feeling so down and really hope you get some answers soon (from both your job and your cbdm!)

Tilty - well done on staying chilled and have fun bd'ing!

Jenifurree - good symptom spot! Let's hope you get some more!

Hope everyone is well xxx
  • Hi all
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet for a few days, it was OH's b'day yesterday so was busy trying to make the day nice.

Vicsy, I'm so sorry your job situation is taking so long to sort. I really hope it gets resolved soon but please feel free to vent as much anger as you need to on here.

Jennifuree, loving your start to the symptom spotting. Anything else today??

Txx

• Hey all,

I got my smiley face today and have cramps as well so am expecting to ovulate tomorrow, woo hoo!

We have BD'd the past two nights and I'm hoping we will manage it tonight and tomorrow as well.
    If we do manage that I will be chuffed as I had wanted to try the 'every day around ov' approach this month and that should have it covered very well! Just trying not to put *too* much pressure on poor hubby though!

My AF will be due 1st/2nd June but I am going to be naughty and test on our wedding anniversary on the 30th. That will be 11DPO and I'm *hoping* if anything is there it'll show...

In anyone else due to test at around the same time? xx

• Hey,
    LadyT hope your OH had a great day!

Tilty - yey to the ov and have fun bding! You are being very dedicated doing it every day so well done you and hubby! And I really hope you do it this month especially as it would be extra special for you!

xx

• Hi girls

how is everyone this fine day?

Tilty, excellent news on ov and your marathon bd'ing. I think you may hit lucky this month. Your anniversary would be a fab testing day. It's our four year wedding anniversary on the 26th too. Hope weather stay nice.

Jennifuree, have you had symptoms to spot yet? Hope you are feeling ok after your friends accident. I do hope his family are doing ok. It must be awful for them.

Ladyt, did your oh have a lovely birthday? What are your plans this month? Are you doing smep this month?

Kernow, how are you getting on? Did you manage to get yourself a new bra then? Are they feeling any less sore? Are you getting any sickness or anything yet?

Susiee, I noticed your other post, I do hope that this thread is lucky for you. Have you for the baby making bible. It has lots of diet advice for both of you. You are quite welcome to my copy if you like. I can pop it in the post for you. X

I'm not sure sarahbear is still around but If you're there Sarah my fingers are still crossed for you to get your bfp and hope you get it soon.

Well I visited personnel today and hopefully some light will be shed by the end of the week. She is going on her hols and wants it sorting before she goes so I'm feeling a little better. I'm very impatient and to be honest would just like to know one way or another.

My cbfm is still showing highs and i started to get ewcm today so wonder if I'm oving earlier than i thought. Fingers crossed this is our lucky month. On a spa day on the 31st do you think it's ok to get massages in two week wait. I do hope so lol

Anyway I'm off to bed as i've got boot camp at six in the morning.

Lots of baby dust to you all x x

[Modified by: Vicsy on May 18, 2010 09:18 PM]

• Hiya ladies!

Tilty: have fun bding xxx looks like you got it covered and fingers crossed your get your result on your anniversay!

LadyT: Hope OH had a good birthday and your essay was brilliant!

Kernow: How goes it with the sore boobs! Hope your new bra helps out some!

Vicksy: Sorry to hear about all your work trouble ... lets hope this personnel woman sorts it all out for you as there is nothing worse than stress hanging over you. Congrats on the whole boot camp getting up at six malarky!! you're a better woman than me lol

Well its 8DPO today and not really got any symptoms feel bloated after eating but that could just be gas lol and have a heaviness in my boobs which comes and goes! (Think I had similar last month) so am just plodding along trying not to get too hung up but any / lack of any

Have decided that am going with AF due on the 25th which will be 15DPO so af will either come the day before or I could be late without knowing!

Babydust to all xx

ps is it me or are there loads of BFPs this month??? DIJ must be a busy little forum!
  • Oooohhhh as I wrote that I developed a pain in my left booby hahahaha talk about mind over matter lol

have fun ladies xxx
  • I thought that about bfp too. I think it's your month jenifuree x
  • Susiee I know someone who only had one due to testicular cancer and they used digital ov's and they are now about 18 weeks pregnant. They ate well and used them and it worked. I really hope that he is looking down on you and Hubby just had an off day. To be honest the bible isn't my thing so it's yours if you would like it. Just let me know. Or I can scan any bits about that and e mail it. Not a bother x
  • Oh Susiee ((((((hugs)))))), I'm really sorry you're going through a rough time. Sorry for sounding dense but what's an SA test? Is there anything that can be done? I don't really know what else to say to you but I'm thinking of you and really hope the next test goes well xxxx

Jenifuree - sounding good hun, I really hope I see you in DIJ

Vicsy - glad work is getting sorted, at least that's something off your mind and if you are ov'ing get bd'ing!!

I'm fine, boob's are a bit less sore (I'm wearing my netball sports bra at moment but going to invest in a better one this weekend. Nausea is coming along now too (which is cack) but other than that not much else to report. My books I ordered have arrived so having fun looking through those ( I got what to expect when you're expecting and the day by day pregnancy book which is fab, as you can read what's happening on each day - I can't wait for my dating scan so I'll know exactly where I am as guessing a bit at moment but think I'm almost at 7 weeks now!!)
    It's my birthday tomorrow and bit gutted I can't even have a celebratory drink but hubby is taking me to a lovely coastal pub for dinner so hopefully I won't miss my birthday pint too much!

Once again sending massive hugs to you susiee and really hope things work out ok

Love to all

xxx
  • Hey everyone
    Susiee I'm so sorry about your current stress but fingers crossed that the next test is more positive. My sister's partner has a low sperm count and it took them a while to conceive...but they now have two lovely kiddies with no help from fertility treatments or anything.

Vicsy I'm so glad that HR are doing something about your contract - it must be a load off your mind to get some job security.

Kernow - wow 7 weeks, I can't believe how quick time goes. Hope you have a lovely birthday and hope all goes well at your scan - it'll be so exciting to see little bean.

I'm absolutely knackered, I've been in the office till 9 for the last two days. OH is so busy at work too and unfortuantely doesn't have much time for BDing and I'm trying not to put any additional pressure on him. Probably will ov on Mon so perhaps we'll just have to make the most of the weekend and hope that will be enough.

Had enough of the f*****g essay - still not finished ahhhhhh. It better be a distinction after all this stress. I wish I was one of those naturally clever people who can whip up an essay in half a day!!

Babydust xxx
  • Hi Ladies!

Susiee: sending big hugs your way hun xxxx am sure that hubby's next one will be good xxxx

Vicksy: Thankyou for the PMA! It would be lovely ... kinda like some of my friends to join me if I am lucky enough to get mine image

Kernow: Sorry the sickness has arrived hun ... suppose it makes you feel better in some way now you have a 'proper PG symptom' lol oh and have a happy birthday!!! am sure one shandy wouldn't hurt!!

LadyT:Sorry to hear that work is busy... am sure that the weekend will be plenty enough xxxx am also certain the essay will be fab! xxx

Still only the occasional twinge in me boobs! god seem to spend my life waiting lately! waiting to ov waiting for af am sure I had some sort of life before but I can't remember it! lol

Babydust sprinklings xxxx
  • Hi all,

Susiee, I'm so sorry you're having a stressful time of things with the SA. I'm afraid I don't know anyone who has been through similar on the male side, but I do know two positive stories in the form of two female friends who were both told they were actually infertile (one due to cancer treatment and andther who's reasons I don't know) and both got pregnant after expecting it never to happen. One now has two children and I have lost touch with the other but she has at least one! So don't give up hope because of this. And it could still happen this try - just remember that it *does* only take one swimmer to make a baby, and even in a low sperm count there will still be many, many swimmers. I really do have my fingers crossed for you. Good luck for the next test. xxx

Kernow, happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely time at the pub (and didn't miss the booze *too* much!)

Jennifuree - how isthe symptom spotting developing? Any new twinges?

LadyT, it sounds like you are having a very busy time of things! I hope the weekend ismuch more relaxing for you. Enjoy the BD-ing!

Vicsy, how are you doing today? Do you think you have ov'd yet? Sorry if you have said already and I have missed it.

I think I ov'd yesterday and we managed our marathon BD-ing assault, thank goodness! We BD'd 3, 2 and 1 day before ov and the day of ov too. We are going out tonight so won't manage one last try, but my ov symptoms have disappeared now so I am pretty sure I have ov'd already and am either fertilised by now or not - fingers crossed for the former!

I am still feeling pretty chilled but then it is only 1DPO! Having said that I am determined to keep this relaxed feeling going and not let the 2ww get to me as much as last month. I'm still planning to test on my anniversary on the 30th though (11DPO). Fingers crossed for that! xx
  • Double post

[Modified by: Tilty on May 20, 2010 05:43 PM]

• Hi there

Apologies for short reply as I'm on my phone. Not sure about ov only high on monitor and had really bad day. The report for my regrade has been pulled. In so angry so kind of took over things. Still get honorarium but that can be stoppe at any time. Just what I need.

Tilty sounds like you have it covere petal.

Will be back later. Lots of baby dust to all. X x
  • Hey there ladies

Vicksy: Sorry that you are having so much crap at work hun sending hugs your way it will be suited to your benefit soon

Tilty: congrats on all that bding hun! def seems like you had it covered hopefully yo'll get your bfp at 11DPO xx

Kernow: Did you have a good birthday????

Am 10DPO and have no symptoms what so ever apart from the occasional twinge in the booby.... so am thinking this may not be my month after all ... we shall see what happens as not stressing about it just resigned to going on to month 6!

Baby dust to all xx
  • Hi all
    Vicsy, that's really awful that they pulled your regrade, just what you need. Hope you're OK? At least you still have your honorarium but something more permanent would have been nice. Hopefully they'll change their mind soon! xx

Jennifuree - you never know - don't write off the month yet!!

BD marathon started last night - Tilty I'm taking a leaf out of your book and going for as many as possible over the next five days or so!! Poor hubby, he'll be so tired image

Hope everyone else is OK. Beautiful day and definitely BBQ weather. I'm working at home and making the most of the sunshine with all the doors and windows open - beats stuffy work!

Txx

• Jennifuree. Remember what we discovered last month. No symptoms is the new symptom so I think your chances are really good.

Kernow. How was your birthday petal. Was is still enjoyable without the tipple?

Susiee. I will post that book to you over the weekend. Hope it brings you lots of luck.

Tilty I'm impressed with your laid back ways this month. I am going to try and follow your example. I am such a stress head. Really need to just relax. X
  • Haha Vicsy - don't be too impressed yet as I am only 2DPO! There is plenty of time for my own personal stress monster to kick in yet. Having said that I do still feel relaxed at the moment so fingers crossed. I think maybe it's because I know we literally did everything we could and it is totally out of our hands now....

Jennifuree, sorry about the lack of symptoms but plenty of people do get BFPs without any early symptoms at all (I believe Kernow was one of them!) so I still have my fingers crossed for you!

LadyT, good luck with the BD marathon - it sounds like you are in for a fun weekend! image

I'm soooooo glad it's Friday today and we're meant to have a gorgeous hot and sunny weekend too (well, we are in Scotland at least - I hope it is the same for the rest of you as well!) I think we're having a BBQ tonight and can't wait. Ah,I love the summer! xx