Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - Another chapter

Replies

• Options
    hey all,

Thanks for the birthday messages I had a really nice time. We sat outside and had our dinner looking over the sea and watched the sun set so that made the non drinking bearable. It's shocking but I think that was the first time in about 13 years that I haven't had a drink on my birthday!

yey to tilty for your bding - I expect you'll need a rest now!

And good luck ladyT with yours still to come.

Jenifurree - I had nada symptoms when I got my BFP so you're still deifnately in!!

Vicsy - sorry work are being a pain and hope something gets sorted soon. Any news on ov yet?

Well I just got home from work to find the cats have brought in a rat (!!) which has then been mangled by the dogs so waiting for hubby to get home so he can clear it up. I'm hiding upstairs as don't want to look at it!!

Hope everyone is planning on doing something lovely this sunny weekend - can't believe how hot it is!

xx
  • Options
    Hiya Ladies!

Its lovely this warm weather isn't it! Makes you feel good!

Kernow: Glad you had a nice time it sounded gorgeous.... makes you realise doesn't it - 13 years wow hehehe

LadyT: good luck with your marathon session hun wink wink nudge nudge xx

Tilty: Am soo impressed with this relaxed attitude hun well done!

Vicksy: Telling you to relax is the worst thing isn't it but relax hun!! lol I am a stress head too so know where you're coming from!

Although I am hoping you ladies are right I got a spot today and think its a sign that AF will come monday as planned .... hope I 'm wrong and you are all right and will gladly let you all say 'told you so!!'

Baby dust to all xxxx
  • Options
    Yuck, Kernow, a mangled rat does not sound pleasant! Dogs and cats can just be the most delightful things can't they?! We have dogs and used to have cats, and while they are brilliant fun they certainly can be disgusting animals at times! image Your birthday sounds really lovely. I live nowhere near the sea (although in a beautiful place nonetheless) so am very envious of what sounds like an amazing view of the sunset across the water image Glad you had a great time!

Jennifuree, keep the PMA going! Just a couple more days until you find out either way and if Kernow can get a BFP with no symptoms then you are still in with a shot.

I'm 3DPO and still nice and calm, although unfortunately I have a 'pseudo symptom' in the form of morning & evening nausea since 1DPO. I know it means diddly squat as no-one gets real symptoms this early, so it must either be a mild tummy bug or related to the hormone change after ov. It's annoying though as it keeps bringing my mind back to the fact I am in a 2WW when I am doing so well at forgetting about it otherwise!

I am quite impressed with myself so far for not being as obsessed this month, and I think it has helped that I have been on here a bit less and have made sure I am busy doing other things around the house and garden etc.

We're away for a week as of Sunday next week, which is 2 days before AF is due (oh, what a nice anniversary present AF would be!!) At least if she comes though, by the time we are back from holiday I will be well into a new cycle and won't have long to wait until I'm ov-ing again. I'm still crossing my fingers for an anniversary BFP though.

Anyway, enjoy the lovely weather everybody! I am going to spend today gardening and soaking up the sun, not thinking about the 2WW at all (ha, wish me luck!)

Babydust to all! xxx

• Options
    Yey I've peaked!
  • Options
    Hooray! Get to the bedroom immediately!image
  • Options
    Hey all,

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine! I'm a bit paranoid about burning as very pale and freckly anyway so plastering on the factor 25!

Yay vicsy on your peak - enjoy your bding - maybe the hot weather helps things along??

Well done Tilty on your chill out attitude - here's hoping the 2ww goes quickly for you!

Jenifurree - how's the symptoms? Not long to wait unitl you test now (how exciting!!)

Well I went out last night and have come to the realisation that it's not too bad staying sober as long as you are with a good group of friends. Although by the end of the night I was getting a bit fed up of all the pissed up people shouting and shoving into me!

Off to a BBQ now and have been tasked with finding bread rolls but every shop seems to have sold out!

Anyways enough of my rambling - hope you're all having a lovely weekend - got my mw appointment tomorrow (v excited) so will let you all know how that goes

xxx
  • Options
    Kernow, I'm also covered in sun cream as I'm very pale too (have red/blonde hair which = not good in the sun!) Still loving the weather though! image have fun at the BBQ and I'm looking forward to hearing about the mw appointment!

I'm 4DPO now and still feeling really queasy (have been since the evening of 1DPO!) It's worse mornings / evenings / after food but pretty much there all the time. This absolutely can't be anything to do with pregnancy though can it - am I right in thinking that symptoms don't start until implantation at about 6-7DPO plus (and absolutely *not* from 1DPO?!)

I need one/all of you to tell me straight that I'm just having a funny reaction to my hormones this month, or ate something funny! I'm working so hard on being chilled out but it's hard not to keep thinking about being pg when I am feeling physically weird all the time, grrr!

P.S. No other symptoms at all, as is more in keeping with my number of days past ov! xx

• Options
    Hey Tilty,

Theoretically you shouldn't get any symptoms so early but there are also plenty of threads where people have felt 'symptoms' very early and have indeed been pg. Maybe it's a pyschomatic (sp) thing - you have a good feeling about this month and your brain is telling your body how to feel? Either way it sounds like you bd'ed at the right times so there is a high chance you have done it this month (I really hope so!)

xx
  • Options
    Hey gang
    I've been off the computer all weekend enjoying the lovely sunshine!! Hope everyone is well?

Kernow - hope you had a nice birthday, it sounds lovely - I also live nowhere near the coast so always jealous of people that do image

Tilty - symptom spotting on day one, love it! Sounds like it could be the lucky month for you - fingers crossed.

Jennifuree - any news? Are you testing in a few days? Good luck and hope to hear about your BFP very soon.

Susiee - hope the BBQ was nice!

I'm on CD16 today and still don't have smiley face on the ov test. I do have cramps though so hoping smiley will come tomorrow. Haven't quite managed the BD marathon I was planning - only managed Thurs and Sat so far - and then hopefully tonight and tomorrow all being well. Bit annoyed smiley face didn't come over the weekend as its always easier to get the BDing in then. Ah well, we'll just have to do our best and hope its enough, If not, on to next month.

Right back to boring work,
    Txx
  • Options
    Hiya ladies

Did everyone have a nice weekend with this lovely sunshine??? Have been sitting in the shady part of my garaden reading while my lo plays with her sandpit! Am 14DPO today so far no af but have a few niggles which I am hopeing don't turn into full blown af cramps! will hold out til wed if af doesn't show as can't work it out if af should show up today or tomorrow!

LadyT: good luck with your bd'ing am sure smiley will come soon for you!

Kernow: How was the bbq - hope you didn't burn!

Tilty: think I read in one of your earlier post about nausea from 1DPO perhaps its to do with the change inthe hormones? must be a good sign your body is working well!

Vicksy: woohoo for the peak hope you enjoyed the bd'ing xx

Susiee: Sorry you got stuck in yesterday hopefully you had lots of windows open - did you enjoy your bbq as well?

Sorry for the ramble! Will obviously let you ladies know if the situation changes!

Jen xx
  • Options
    Oh my goodness jenifurre - I can't believe your 14dpo and have managed to resist the urge to poas!!!! Well done you!! I have everything crossed that you do get your bfp!

Well my mw appt went well, just had to answer loads of questions about health and family health etc and that was it really. I have my scan booked for the 28th June (which is agggggeeeessss away!!) so will be at least 13 weeks by then. I'm a bit disappointed as was told by Dr I would get an early scan (about 10 weeks) for dating but I suppose at least it will really look like a baby rather than a blob by then! Though am toying with the idea of a private scan in a couple of weeks time.
    Also found out that the birthing unit I was interested in having the baby in is having major cutbacks and now won't offer the kind of services that made it such a lovely option so think I will stick to the hospital. Basically my friend had her baby at the unit and your partner can stay overnight with you and you and partner can stay for as long as you need to after the birth (within reason!!), my friend was there for almost a week (due to baby losing weight) and the midwifes show you how to breastfeed, change nappies - just useful stuff really. But now they have to make cuts and so all the after care is going as is option for partner to stay with you overnight etc and the new maximum time you can stay after birth is 6 hours before being transferred to the main hospital. Isn't that sad that such a lovely (and important for a rural area) service is going to disappear?

Anyway, enough rambling from me

Hope everyone is ok

Oh and by the way sickness has come with a vengence this week - urgh!

xx
  • Options
    Thanks Kernow! Although the main reason I haven't poas is I usually get bfn's so figured I would wait and hope af is late then I can test!

Talking of which I checked out a pg calender (don't usually) because I was confused about my af date and it had 'conception date' do you think this would be the same date as ov? if so it has 2moro as af due not today!

Sorry to hear about those cut backs that sounded likee a lovely unit just the kind of place you would want to go to..... does that mean you will chose another hospital now??? Sorry to hear about the sickness too that can't be that pleasant!

Am glad all is well though and you got your date its so exciting when you see bubba!!!

Jen x
  • Options
    Any news jenifuree? X
  • Options
    Hi all
    Jennifuree - take a test girl....we're all dying to know!!
    Kernow - glad the MW appointment went well - 28th June isn't really that long when you think about it and you'll have a perfect mini person on the screen by then!

Tilty - I've been having the quesy feeling for about a week now and wondering if it could be the weather - hot weather usually takes away my appetite and replaces it with nausea. Maybe you're experiencing something similar...or maybe you're one of those people that get symtoms really early on - hope its the latter xx

Susiee - hopefully it works out for you this time, I'm sure it will.

Well I got a smiley face when I got home from work yeserday (I knew I would because I'd been getting cramps all day) so ahhhem 'got busy' last night. Was hoping for a bit more 'action' tonight but hubby working late so doesn't look like I'll be able to make the most of my most fertile time. Ah well.

Hope everyone is having a good day today

Txx
  • Options
    Hiya ladies!!

Checked back through out posts and realised that af was due yesterday and not today! am officially late ......... took a test at 6am and there was a very very faint line...... at 9am it was darker but then didn't beleive it! lol make OH bring me in some and tested on a first response one and got a BFP straight away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG am pregnant!!!!!!!!!! woohoo really didn't believe I would be typing those words!!!!! So thankyou very much ladies for putting up with my negativity!!!!

Will stay around if thats ok as its not really sunk in yet and wanna see how my buddies get on!!! (am typing it here first but will announce it in the main forum so if you saw it there first it was here first!!!)

Am rambling .... sorry just excited .... worked out due date is 31st jan so am not sure but might go in Jan's and Feb's esp if my buddies are there!

Ok enought of me!!!

LadyT: as I found out it only takes once hun so congrats on getting the bd'ing in during your ov time!

Susiee: prayers said, fingers and toes crossed that hubbys test is ok!!

Vicksy: thankyou for all your positivity this month couldn't have done it without you or the girls xx

Spreading lots of babydust for you all xxxx
  • Options
    Jenifuree - I've commented on your other thread as saw that first but WOOO HOOOO!!! Am absolutely thrilled for you and it just goes to show that no symptoms is sometimes better than everything!

Oh it's lovely that you will be in due in January too! And yes you should def stick around - look at me - got my bfp 4 weeks ago and still on this thread! - It's because you are all so lovely and I love heraing your news and catching up!

ladyT - let's hope it was a lucky BD

Vicsy - How much did you manage to fit in?

Tilty - How's it going now? Still feleing sick?

Susiee - really hope tests come back ok and that it makes for a lovely weekend

And once again - MASSIVE congrats jenifurree - you must be delighted

imageimageimageimageimage

xx
  • Options
    Hi all,

This is a very very quick reply as hubby is just dishing up dinner but just had to say a HUGE congratulations Jennifuree!!!! What brilliant news! Ah, this is indeed proving a lucky thread image I'm so very happy for you. I will be online tomorrow and will write more but for now just a big big congrats.xx

P.S. Did you ever really develop any symptoms before your BFP other than boob twinges? xx
  • Options
    Hi Tilty thankyou so much xxx

My boobs became really heavy and achy feeling and I felt bloated in the last couple of days also acid indegestion which I had in my last pg started a few days ago so there were a few signs but I was ignoring them in case they proved to be in my head!

Kernow: thanks hun will look forward to going in DIJ and havinga nose around and introducing myself!
  • Options
    Hi girls

I'm soooooo happy for your Jennifuree, it's fab, I hope you keep in touch and let us know how its going. No probs about positivity, I think we do well in here keeping each others spirits up. We'll have to continue our thread when we are all in pregnancy (fingers crossed)

Kernow, 28 June will be here before you know it. I can't believe it's nearly the end of may already, this year is flying. Are you having any other symptoms? I know you were feeling a little sicky? Is that still happening?

Susiee, did you e-mail your address just I can't see anything and I'm not sure if my fire wall has put it somewhere obscure, it wouldn't surprise me. I bet hubby is glad his wait is over now, just the second stage or waiting for the results. Its the waiting that is the hardest thing isn't it?

Tilty, how are your symptoms coming along? What are you on now? About 9/10 dpo? How long are your cycles and when are you going to test? Are you still relaxed about things? I think the longer it goes on you do feel less inclined to poas every five mins don't you?

LadyT, you are round about the same as me. How long are your cycles? Mine are about 28 days so AF due round the 6 June, going to try and just wait this month. Did you manage to get lots of bding in?

Sarahbear, just in case you read this, we have all missed you so much and sorry to hear your news. If there is anything I can do, then please just let me know. We would all love to hear from you again and you are the creator of the insane gang, its only fair that you get some of the luck too.

Well, thanks to my new little gadget (which I forgot to hide when neice came and asked what it was - oooops) I got highs on days 13 and 14, so we bd'd every other day up until day 11 then every day for 3 days. Was hoping to get a little more in today but we currently have no bathroom as its getting gutted and oh is doing it so thought I would leave him bless. It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow (4 years) so I'm hoping to get lucky then. I think it's too late for ov but it's still nice - lol. he he he. Trying to make sure he knows its not all about a baby. iykwim.

Job still up in the air, but feel lots calmer about things now and hoping union can help me so I have a permanent contract by the time I go off on maternity - lol.

Well I've babbled enough now.

Lots and lots of baby dust.

ps who is next to test?

• Options
    Hello All
    Jennifuree - that's such great news!!!! You must be absolutely thrilled and BDing only once makes me feel much better (considering my BD disaster last night which I won't go in to now and bring the tone donw).
    Txx