Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - Another chapter

Replies

• Options
    Ah ladyt, I think we all have disasters. You will look back and smile about it. Fingers crossed the rest of us will be joining jenifuree soon x x
  • Options
    I forgot to add Vicsy - I'm also due on 6 June - although not feeling very positive at all today and really don't think we did enough this month so am expecting AF not BFP. I'm annoyed at myself for being upset about this - I never thought I'd turn into a mentally unstable person especially because I wasn't even sure I wanted kids until 6 months ago...but mentally unstable I appear to be!

On the positive side at least I can drink in Italy image

Ah well, enough of my glum mood.

Txx
  • Options
    Hiya Ladies!

LadyT: am speaking from the knowledge that it only takes once!! Am sure you have done plenty enough to get your BFP!!

Vicksy:We will definately keep the thread going right through all our PG's seeing as you're all such lovely friends xxx

Oooohh I see your both due on the 6th june would that be superb if both of you got your BFP's together .... can't believe that DIF is not up yet .... am gonna loiter in both as I am right at the end of Jan plus I reckon all you will be in it image))))

Jen xx
  • Options
    Hi Girls

Ladyt I am the same. I turned 36 and decided I wanted children, never had a second of a thought before it. Now I'm going mad, wishing my life away. At least as time goes on I don't get as stressed. I'm going for a spa day on Monday so that will be nice. Checked that its on for where I'll be at - lol, some of the things we think of eh? he he.

When are you going to test if you are due af on the 6th? It would be great if we got our BFP together.

Jennifuree, I think our thread is a really good one, and definately think it should continue too. It's lovely to hear from you and Kernow. It makes it that bit more real. When do you see MW?

Have you had any symptoms yet? I think after my ov I feel quite sicky. I'm about 3/4 days dpo now and I think the last couple of months I've felt a bit off. Feel just out of sorts. I actually turned the wrong way coming home from Durham and its a straight road there and back - lol.

Anyway, I'm rambling. he he he,

V xx
  • Options
    Vicksy you made me laugh about turning the wrong way lol thats the type of thing I would do!

My doctors do pg appts on a monday and because of the bank holiday the following week is fully booked.... got a mw appt on 10th June as will still only be 6 weeks this is just to get the ball rolling

Woke up today feeling really rough! was unexpected as prev pg sickness didn't kick in until 7/8 weeks It felt like the end of a hangover when you don't really feel sick anymore but still feel roungh if you know what I mean? also boobs feel very heavy as well

Part from that I'm all tickerty boo!! Ooohh the spa day sounds nice too

Jen xx
  • Options
    Hi again,

Ah, I have more time to write today thank goodness! I was trying to send that congrats message yesterday while hubby was shouting that food was ready and it was all very rushed indeed!

Jennifuree, thanks for the info about symptoms. I know it's different for everyone but it's still interesting to hear about. Roughly how many DPO did they start? (If you remember?)

Please do keep in touch and drop into this thread to let us know how you're doing. Vicsy, I love the idea of the thread carrying on in Pregnancy when we are all there. Or even if some of us are left in Trying, you lucky ones can always start one up in Pregnancy and the rest of us can pop in and say hello over there! I really do enjoy chatting to everyone on this thread image

I'm 7DPO today. The nausea has gone now (which I'm glad about because I knew it was too early to be a real symptom!) I think it was just a reaction to the change in hormones after I ov'd. I've felt queasy after ov before, although not that bad - it was yucky!

I don't have any symptoms at all now, which I suppose is normal either way at 7DPO? I'm hoping to develop some in the next few days of course but still feeling much more relaxed this month. I think it's after a few disappointments the sensible part of my brain has just said 'enough is enough - no more stressing!' because after all, what will be will be and feeling horribly stressed out does not help at all!

I'm not feeling especially positive this month as I have nothing to suggest I am pg, but I'm also not feeling negative either... just wondering and hoping really!

I was in two minds about testing on my anniversary on Sunday or not (as I'll only be 11DPO), but I think I will purely because we will be enjoying something bubbly to celebrate our anniversary, and obviously if it's a BFP I won't be having any! If it's BFN I still won't be going mad though just in case, as it'll be an early test.

Vicsy, lol at your story about your neice! What on earth did you say it was?? And congrats on your anniversary image

LadyT, are you feeling happier today? I hope so. TTC can be such a horrible emotional rollercoaster. Try not to feel negative though as it is far too early yet to have any indication of whether it has worked this month. The first part of the 2ww is just that annoying stage when it's too early for symptoms so you have nothing to focus on to keep your hopes alive (well, that's how I find it at least). I really am crossing my fingers for you (and for everybody!) this month.

That's a few of us due on at the start of June anyway - LadyT and Vicsy on the 6th and me on about 2nd/3rd. Lets hope DIF gets at least one of us (but preferably all!)

Plentiful babydust sprinklings all round. xxx
  • Options
    I told her it was for hubby's asthma, thankfully she didn't ask any further questions. he he he

lots of baby dust. xxx
  • Options
    Lol Vicsy!!! Kids are so innocent aren't they!

Tilty: I didn't really have anything until around 12DPO thats when my bra got a bit uncomfortable and boob felt heavy also noticed boob was a bit veiny looking (may have appeared before but only noticed then) indigestion and funny taste in mouth came around 14dpo by then I hoped I was as I thought maybe I had imagined them all into real symptoms!

Hope this helps but also everyones different so it maybe different foryou and you still get your bfp's!

LadyT: sending hugs to you really have fingers crossed for you xxx

Babydust sprinklings xxx
  • Options
    Hey gang
    Feeling much better and more positive today - still no expectations for BFPs this month - but I'm OK with that now.

Handing my essay in later today so feel like a huge weight has been lifted - still got my dissertation to do but I'm not thinking about that until I get back from hols. I'm also taking tomorrow off work so going to spend the day in town shopping and just generally treating myself to whatever I want image

Vicsy your spar day sounds absulutely lovely, just the ticket for taking your mind off things.

Txx

• Options
    LadyT: well done for handing in your essay! The day in town shopping sounds like just what you need!

How is everyone else feeling??

Jen x
  • Options
    Hi girls

How is everyone doing?

How you feeling Jennifuree? Any other symptoms yet? Have you told anyone your news yet? I don't think I could keep quiet, he he.

LadyT, well done with essay. It's a nightmare isn't it? I have 20000 dissertation to do, have a meeting on Tuesday so will have to get my skates on. he he. Have you decided when you are testing? I really want to try and wait til the 6th, but I don't know whether I can wait - he he. I don't think we've done it this month though, just don't feel it. lol.

Tilty, how are you doing? Has your PMA come back? The waiting is like torture isn't it? Have you decided whether to test on your anniversary? I know what you mean about it. You could always have something bubbly with orange if its a BFP or fizzy grape juice, thats nice too.

Susiee, how are you doing? Hope everything is ok and that you don't have to wait to long for the SA results.

Kernow, how are you feeling petal? Have you had any sickness or anything yet?

Well, as I said, I'm not feeling positive. I'm loaded with cold, I have lumps all over my face (no idea what they are) and I have no toilet in my house as we are doing bathroom. So, I am now off to asda so I can go and spend a penny. he ehe. Probably spend something for lunch too he eh. On a good note though, boot camp was lovely in the sun this morning and my bathroom is going to be fab.

Lots of baby dust girls

V xx
  • Options
    Hello all
    Well I've just spent the whole day shopping and my purse is considerably lighter than it was this morning!! Had a lovely day all by myself and bought loads of stuff - perhaps a bit too much - but at least I'll look semi-stylish on my hols image

Vicsy - very impressed with your boot camp shenanigans - they do that in my area but I've never got round to going. I really need to get my arse into gear and get to the gym, hardly used it this month and I should be doing my best to get my bikini bod into shape. You're a good act to follow!!

In terms of testing, I'm going to try not to. I don't think this is going to be a sucessful month so if AF doesn't show on the 6th I'll pop out an buy a test - if I buy them before I'll just used em up way too early!!

Tilty - any symptoms to report?

Kernow and Jennifuree - how you guys doing today? Hope you manage to avoid sickness over the bank holiday!

Babydust,
    Txx
  • Options
    Hi all,

Vicsy, sorry you have a cold and are toilet-less. I hope the Asda facilities are doing the job in the meantime... Good work with the boot camp - very impressive!

LadyT - the shopping sounds good! Good method of not testing early too: just don't keep them in the house! Maybe that has been my downfall in previous months - having a stash of HPTs. I will keep my fingers crossed that you have to go out and buy one in early June though.

Kernow and Susiee, how are you both doing?

Jennifuree, thanks for the info on the symptoms. It's comforting to hear that you didn't have anything until 12DPO as I am 9DPO today and nothing at all, and had just about given up all hope until I read your post! But now a little bit of hope has come back, so thank you image

I must admit I would put money on me *not* being pregnant this month as I feel exactly the same as I have every previous month at this stage - no preg symptoms but very very mild AF feelings (which I always get at some point in the week before AF, and they feel the same today as they usually do).

The only one thing that is different this month (and this is really gross so I apologise!) is that I have really dreadful wind, especially in the evenings (sorry, I did warn you!) I'm not bloated or anything - just excessive numbers of really really smelly farts! I did used to get this 'symptom' in the week before AF when I had my implant but until now I haven't had it since it was removed. But considering everything else is normal I don't think it means anything exciting. I just hope this is't going to start happening every month before AF as I hoped it would stop when the implant came out (and had up until now!)

Sorry if I've grossed you all out - pooooohhhhh! xx

• Options
    Hey all,

Gosh that's taken me ages to catch up!

Well done on getting the essay in LadyT - at least you can enjoy the (rainy!) bank holiday weekend!

Tilty - remember that no symptoms is a good sympton!

I'm a teacher and so have broken up for half term today (woo hoo!!) normally on the Friday we break up I'm hanging by now so it feels very odd being sober, staying in and in my dressing gown!

I'm still ok and still no bad symptoms really, get nausea every now and again but only been bad a couple times and usually goes away if I eat something though this morning I was actually sick without even feeling quesy first - how odd is that?!
    My bb's are still huge and sore and I'm very very bloated - hubby thinks it's twins and that it's a bump but I'm pretty sure it's too early for all that ( I'm about 8 weeks now!) and more likely to do with the rubbish I've been eating this week and general bloatedness. I think as I was pretty small before ( a size 8) it might just show sooner? Bit worried work will guess soon so thinking about telling them after half term but not sure.

Jenifurree - how's your symptoms? any sickness? Has it sunk in yet?!

Vicsy - lol to your niece! How are you feeling? obviously early days but are you feeling positive for this month?

I also think we should have a thread in pregnancy but I think we need a few more BFP's first so ladies the pressure is on! Only joking but we get at least one BFP each month so hopefully someone (and even better all of you!) get lucky this month! I can't wait to share proper symptoms with you all

Phew, there's my essay done! Hope you all have a fab bank holiday - love and hugs to all

xx
  • Options
    Hiya Ladies!

no reall symptoms to date - had that hangover feeling for a couple of days but feel better today although boobs feel a bit sore! other than that tiny niggle all is good and its gradually sinking in!

Have told our respective mum's (well I told mine so OH decided he wanted to tell his!) but everyone is keeping it quiet as its early although I have this urge to tell everybody!!! lol

Vicsy: sorry to hear about your cold hun n no loo!! thats hateful havingto go to asda's but at least you know you will have a fab bathrom by the end of it!

Tilty: glad you're feeling more positive remember no symptoms is the new symptoms! plus I was pretty certain we hadn't suceeded this month until right at the end so keep your PMA!!!

LadyT:am really envious of the whole retail experience I love shopping and haven't had a good one for ages! When is it you go away?

Susiee: How are you hun? hope the waiting isn't too long and you get hubbys result soon

Kernow: glad you've broken up Am loving the whole dressing gown idea might put my pj's on soon..... everyone's different but my first pg I was only a size 8 and I didn't show til 6 months - so hubby could be right with the twins!!!! hehehehe

Hope everyone has a nice weekend xxxxxx

Jen xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Feeling a bit lonely on my own so thought I would join you all. Just a bit about me: I'm 36 and we've been ttc#2 for eight or nine months [I've lost track]. And this is my fourth cycle using the CBFM.

What a huge thread! So many pages that I need some time to catch up. Sorry ... haven't got the time now but will try to read back to get to know you all.

How are you getting on with the CBFM, Vicsy? Also, have you been to the DR's yet? I had my blood test results back this week; everything was normal with my day 5 bloods but my day 21 bloods indicated that I had not ovulated so I have to have them done again. It's a bit of a wait though as I'm only CD8 image. I think I had them too early as I didn't get my peaks until CD18 and 19 but went for the test on CD20. So we're going for CD25 this time as I have a cycle averaging 32 days. DH had SA results and everything is fine.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Speak to you all soon.

[Modified by: Bubblicious on May 29, 2010 09:17 AM]

• Options
    Hi Bubblicious *waves* Nice to meet you! Evereyone is really nice on this thread and we have had a fairly god success rate with BFPs too (about one a month so far) so it also seems quite a lucky thread to post on!

Do you mind me asking at what point of TTC you went to the doc's? I had always heard that doctors wouldn't be interested / do tests etc. until you had been TTC unsuccessfully for at least a year, but yours sounds really helpful.

I'm only just coming to the end of month 4, so it's early days really, but it's always useful to know how seeing the doctor works if / when it comes to that. Is it SA and blood tests that they start with when they are investigating?

It's 10DPO for me today and not even a peep of a symptom I'm afraid - I am mentally preparing mysef to go into month 5 just so I'm not really disappointed if AF comes (I did find it hard last month). I know it's not all over yet and lots of people don't get symptoms early, so I haven't given up all hope - I'm just trying to avoid keeping my hopes really high only for auntie to come calling and dash them.

I'm still going to test tomorrow (first wedding anniversary, yay!) because even if there's a 1% chance of it being a BFP it is worth it, as the timing would be just amazing. I am completely prepared to a BFN though so won't let it get to me. Also, if it's BFN and I am still symptomless I won't feel bad enjoying a glass or two of something cold and bubbly to celebrate our anniversaryimage

What is everyone else up to this weekend? xx

• Options
    Hi Tilty,

I went to the doctors after trying for seven months and they told me not to worry as it was early days but because I was over 35yo, they would run blood tests and send DH for SA. My GP also said that if I did not have my BFP once I had the results for my second set of bloods, she would refer me to the fertility clinic. And she recommended zinc supplements and acupunture. I was surprised at how proactive they've been.

I think generally, if you're under 35, they want you to have been ttc for over a year before they will see you and 6 months if you're over 35. But there are, of course, exceptions to the rules.

I didn't have symptoms with my first pg until after I had tested and by that point AF was two weeks late so you never know. Have a fabulous anniversary.

• Options
    Ah, I see... I didn't realise it was different at different ages. I'm a relative young 'un at 29 so I guess that means I do have to wait a year before seeing anyone (although I really do hope to have a BFP before that point!)

Thanks for the info on lack of symptoms too. It's really reassuring to hear because so many people who post on here seem to start having them really early on - often from about 7-9 DPO! That means I always get to about 10DPO and get all down because I feel totally normal. I will keep reminding myself that sometimes people just don't get early symptoms at all. PMA!!!

We're heading away for a few days for our anniversary so I won't be posting on here between Monday and Saturday next week. I'll let you all know the outcome of tomorrow's anniversary test though and will of course be straight on here when I get back to let you know whether AF showed up or not...

I hope everyone else is well and enjoying the weekend (and that you have better weather that I do as it's raining here - boo!) xx

• Options
    Hello all and welcome to Bubblicious! Its lovely when someone new joins image

Tilty I'm feeling very positive for your anniversary testing - though if its a BFN (and I hope it isn't) don't let it spoil your day. Congrats BTW and have a lovely day.

Bubblicious - sounds like you're in good hands with your doctors. I'm on month 5 of trying...6 if this cycle doesn't work. I'm not unduly worried at the moment although I hope to be pg by the time I'm 35 in November. I think if we've not been sucessful by November then I'm going to take a trip to the doc as it will be 9 months.

Its p***ing it down here today too tilty so you're not on your own. Off to a wedding reception tonight so just relaxing before I have to get ready.

Hope everyone else is OK?

Txx