Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Insane Gang - Another chapter

Replies

• Options
    Hey bubblicious,

welcome to our thread!

Tilty - no symptoms is good, both me and jenifurree had none and look what we got! Load of luck for testing tomorrow - will you be able to pop on and let us know how you got on or is it then you're going away?

Have fun at your wedding reception LadyT.

I've been a busy bee and painted two of the bedrooms today (both needed 2 coats too - boo! My poor aching arms!) and bought a new carpet ready for hubby to lay tomorrow (also managed to buy myself quite a lot of treats - oops don't know how that happened!) so the rest of my bank holiday will be spent sorting out the other spare room. Hmm Anyone would think I'm nesting!

xxx
  • Options
    Oh and I forgot to introduce myself to Bubblicious!

I'm 29 and live in Cornwall (hence the username). I came off the pill at the start of Jan ttc but did not have an af for 4 months. Was getting very frustrated and fed up that something was wrong but then 4 weeks ago got a very nice suprise of a BFP (and all without ever having an af!).

xx
  • Options
    Big fat negative ladies! :roll:

I'm ok though as I was totally expecting it, and only really tested to allow myself some (relatively) guilt-free anniversary bubbly tonight and wine on holiday (I won't go mad just in case though).

While I do know there is still a chance I do have a gut feeling I'm not pregnant (not helped by the BFN and no symptoms of course!) so I think to avoid a repeat of last month's disappointment when AF came I just need to be totally prepared for it. SO, I will be packing sanitary pads and *not* taking any HPTs with me as it will just put the though in my head to use them! AF is due Tues/Wed and if by some miracle she doesn't come I will buy a test while I am away, or test when I get back on Saturday.

I really do feel ok at the moment as I am looking on the bright side about being able to enjoy wine and naughty food on my hols. Also, the though did cross my mind that if I got a BFP and then started bleeding or something awful it would be even worse on holiday rather than at home in familiar surroundings, so at least that's a worry I won't have to contend with while we're away.

l know AF isn't here yet but I am already wondering about how to play month 5 - whether to keep using OPKs or try to relax and just leave it to nature. A reasonable number of people on here have said they got their BFP the month they didn't think about TTC, so maybe our own bodies do somehow know best... it's hard to give up the OPKs as they feel like a bit of a security blanket somehow, *but* having said that they haven't worked so far. It has also crossed my mind that over-thinking things might even be a hindrance rather than a help. Or would it just take even longer without them (heaven forbid!) Do any of you lovely ladies have opinions on nature vs. OPKs??? xxx

P.S. We're not leaving until the morning, so I will still be about here today and will post again with AF (or lack of) news on Saturday/Sunday once I'm back! xx

• Options
    OMG, I just re-read that and it looksd like I was calling you all 'big fat negative ladies' !!! imageimageimage

Just for absolute clarification, you are all lovely positive ladies and I meant I got BFN! :lol:
  • Options
    Ah tilty. So sorry to hear that. I too wonder if I'm putting too much thought into it. You are right that our bodies know. There is still a chance though for you for this month but I agree that a least you can pit it to the back of your mind and have lots of fun while away. Happy anniversary too. You'll have a fab time x
  • Options
    Thanks Vicsy. It's odd but I really do feel fine about it at the moment - genuinely not upset and still feeling quite positive in general (not about this month but overall).

I just feel at a bit of a cross-roads in terms of deciding to try even harder (e.g. give up caffeine, stop drinking, start using pre-seed etc.) or just step back and not do anything at all and see what happens.

I will wait for AF and then talk to Mr. Tilty about it all. Last time I asked him he wanted to keep using OPKs, but I do have a niggling worry that by making our sex life a bit prescriptive they somehow reduce our chances - maybe by BD-ing too much and reducing sperm count a bit...? It's hard to know though and I am sure plenty of people do try without them for months and months and not get pg either, so in all likelihood it doesn't make a big difference either way.

One thing that does concern me a bit is that I never really notice any EWCM (although I do get a bit 'wetter' around ov I don't really get any stretchy stuff), so perhaps a month or two of trying pre-seed might be worth a shot, and then if we still have no joy we can just take a step back and leave it in the hands of nature.

I'll mull it all over while I'm away, but in the meantime, I send everyone else mega doses of babydust and really do hope I come back to tales of symptoms and BFPs galore!

If anyone else has any opinions / comments about my confusion over whether to keep very 'actively' trying vs. just BD-ing when we want to and hoping to get pregnant I would read them with great interest, although I know it has to be my decision ultimately of course.

Bags of good luck to you all! xxx
  • Options
    HI there girls

Tilty, I know what you mean, it's difficult to know what to do isn't it? You hear so many things don't you and sometimes think you are over/under doing it. Pineapple and that cough medicine robittison or something does actually increase EWCM so it might be worth a go. You could give OPK's a miss this month and see how you feel. Fresh pineapple though not tinned. It's worth a go. Where are you going away?

LadyT, congrats on the essay, can't remember if I had already said that - lol. I'm jealous of your spending spree too, I love shopping but have to be in the right mood for it. I'm loving looking for bathroom stuff though, I'm so excited for the bathroom to be done though. Have you decided when you are going to test? It would be fab if we did it on same day and got BFP's.

Jennifuree, how did the parents take it? Were they over the moon? Have you seen the doctor yet? Do you have to see doctor within a certain time? I have no clue with these things. he he. Have you got any more symptoms yet?

Kernow, I noticed your thread about your symptoms. I hope its not worrying you too much. Have you contacted your MW or are you just waiting a little. How are your alternative bras working out, I know you said your others weren't very comfy.

Susiee, I hope you are ok and results don't take too long. Everything is crossed for you. If you have sent me your address can you send it again or let me know and I'll e-mail you my mobile number so you can text me your address, I'm not sure what my e-mail is doing but it's going a little wild at the minute.

Bubbliscious, welcome to the mad house, its lovely to have you. With regards to the doctors we decided to get the CBFM this month and see what happened. I got highs from day 6 and then peaked on day 12/13 (I think) or 13/14 can't quite remember now, however we didn't manage to bd after so I'm thinking we're out this month. Do you have to have your bloods done again? Hub happy for me to make an appointment for doc though so will do that on Monday in time for af coming, When do they take bloods? It's lovely having you on our thread. Lets hope we all get lucky shortly. Where are you at on this cycle?

Well that's enough from me, I'm feeling really rough still and look a mess. Never mind, off to mams for a shower.

Lots of babydust.

V xx
  • Options
    Vicsy, I think that's exactly how it is: if you don't use OPKs etc you probably feel you are under-doing it whereas if you do use them you worry you are trying too hard! You just can't win really (until that elusive BFP of course!)

I have tried every trick in the book for increasing EWCM in previous months as I was worried about the lack of it when I first came off the implant. I have tried evening primrose oil up until ov, grapefruit juice, green tea and the cough medicine you mentioned, but all to no avail. I think I must just naturally not make much of it. So maybe pre-seed is worth a try...

I will speak to hubby but may try not actively timing the BD this month (although still aim to do it lots) and use pre-seed when I am around my fertile time. I always know a few days before I am going to ov anyway as (sorry in advance!) but I start feeling very, ahem, 'rampant' shall we say. It generally starts 2-3 days before a positive OPK and about stops the day after, so for me that is apparantly a very clear indicator of my fertile time. So maybe I don't really need the OPks anyway, lol!

I won't be online any more now until next weekend, but am looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing when I get back. Babydust to all and I will speak to you soon! xx

P.S. Vicsy we are not going abroad but staying in Scotland and hiring a place in the countryside, so cross your fingers it doesn't just rain on us all week! xx
  • Options
    Hiya ladies

Tilty: Happy anniversary hun - sorry for the BFN but you never know hun until AF comes xxxx Enjoy your hols xxx

Vicsy: I always wanna put a k in your name! so apologies if I do! All PG symptoms disappeared! so don't know whats happening there! but am not complaining as am sure I 'll get some soon enough! My mum knew we were trying so was really pleased for us and OH's mum was also pleased (OH told her) so don't know much than that as you know what men are like for explaining things! As for seeing the doctor - he only does a clinic on a monday and because of the bank holiday the next one is booked up but apparently the mw does the same t hing he does (starts the ball rolling) that kind of thing so am seeing her on 10th June - usually you see them between 8-10 weeks so I don't know if she will just do the same stuff but earlier or make me come back later on

LadyT: Hope you enjoyed the wedding reception hun!

Kernow: Don't worry bout the symptoms hun - am sure its nothing to worry about (from other thread) also hope you enjoyed all your shopping treats! Its a nice excuse to treat yourself!

Bubblicious: Welcome to the thread hun xxx

Susiee: Sending hugs and thoughts your way - hoping that hubby's test came back good!

Babydust to all

jen xxx
  • Options
    Jen and kernow. Can I just ask how much alcohol did you generally dink when ttc and in the 2ww. I'm just looking at cleaning my food and drink a little and was just wondering if what I drink is too much or ok.

Jen don't worry about the k I call myself vicsy because I hate vicki but victoria is too long lol.

Glad you are feeling ok though. It's a bit pants aboutthe wait with doc and midwife though isn't it?

V x x
  • Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome, ladies.

Vicsy, they take bloods at CD5 and 7 days before AF due. They test 5 day bloods for any hormones that indicate PCOS, for glucose and prolactin. And the 21 day bloods [or, as I learned just recently, 7 days before AF due if your cycle is not the standard 28 days] are tested for progesterone which should be high after ovulation.

Because my 21 day bloods came back low for progesterone, my GP wants me to have these again but as I peaked on CD18 and 19 and had a 34 day cycle last month, I think the test I had on CD20 [CD21 was at the weekend for me] was done at the wrong time. Well, I'm hoping that that's the case as I have had highs and peaks in each of the four months I have been using the CBFM.

I'm only CD9 on this cycle so have a bit of a wait before I can have my blood tests again [GP suggested CD25 this time] and as I don't normally peak until CD18, it's a bit of a wait until there is any baby-making action, too.

Tilty, we tried without OPKs or CBFM or charting etc for four or five months but we just got too knackered image. So the CBFM helps to narrow down that window of opportunity for us.
  • Options
    Vicsy: I don't really drink at all I'm afraid hun, I have the worst hangovers going so very really drink!

Saying that now that I can't all those adverts for wine or smirnoff (my favourite tipple) are really making me fancy it! lol

Sorry not to be too much help oh and my diet is rubbish too! have tried to be more healthier during the 2ww but can't really say hand on heart I suceeded personally unless you're a raging alchie I can't see alchol making a big difference !

Bubblicious: your cycle sounded like mine I didn't ov til cd22 this cycle - hope all the tests turn out in your favour xx
  • Options
    Hey all,

Thanks for the concerns over my lack of symptoms - well it seems I was probably worrying over nothing as yesterday afternoon the sore bb's cam eback with a vengence, I guess the hormone levels just fluctuate but it's such a worrying time. I just want the next 3/4 weeks to go quickly when I'll be at 12 weeks and can relax a little bit! Hopefulmummy responded to my thread - can you believe she's already at 10 weeks?!

Tilty - have a fab anniversary and holiday and as the others have said it ain't over until af comes so positive thinking and hopefully when you come back next week you'll have some good news for us.

vicsy - in terms of drinking, I probably did drink quite a bit while ttc - I didn't get drunk but I used to alwasy have a glass or 2 of wine in the evening's and me and hubby used to go out once every weekend where i'd have a few more (didn't ever get hanging though!). I think I had a few drinks on my 2ww too but that was mostly because I never ever knew when I was on a 2ww and didn't want to put my life on hold. Again not excessive alcohol but probably got through a bottle of wine a week. Oh god just read that back and it makes me seem like an alcoholic! I'll just make it clear since getting my bfp I've not had a drop! And actually I don't really miss it yet (the only time was that lovely hot weekend and we were at a BBQ and I really wanted a pint of cider!) but I just don't feel like it. I guess your body does what it needs to do to protect baby!

Anyway the point of my ramblings is that I don't think you should put your life on hold while ttc as it can only make it more stressful when af comes etc. Obviously I don't advocate getting druk but I really think a few glasses of wine a week won't harm your chances. But that is just my opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of others who would disagree but if it is true that the more relaxed you are the more likely you are to get pg then I don't really think you should change your whole lifestyle (if that makes sense?!)

Oh the only other thing i did cut down on in my possible 2ww's was excercise. I used to go running 4 days a week and play netball but I cut out the running to more of a jog and played netball a bit less 'entusiastically' just in case but not sure if there's any reason why I needed to.

anyway, mammoth essay over, hope you're all ok and that little bean is settling in nicely Jenifurree

hugs to all
    xxx
  • Options
    Hey gang
    Wow such a lot to catch up on but sounds like everyone is doing OK.

Tilty - sorry about the BFN....but like everyone says, its not over yet this month and I still have my fingers crossed that you'll get your BFP! On another note, I think you raise a really good point about letting mother nature takes its course. You hear quite a lot of stories of people getting lucky the moment they decide not to try..I definietly thing there's something in that!! I used OPKs this month and just found the pressure a bit too much so I think I'll use up the ones I've got left over next month but that's it. I'll keep using the Samsar stuff but only because I've bought it now and I don't like wasting money!!

Susiee - hopefully you'll get your results this week, the wait must be a real pain - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kernow - glad (I think!!) that the symptoms are back with a vengence and well done on the essay!!

Jen - sounds like you are really lucky to have no symptoms at the moment - long may it last!

Well I'm pretty much symptomless still so nothing to make me think we've been sucessful this month but I'm not really worrying or obsessing at the moment. Vicsy it wold be absolutely lovely if we both got our BFPs together - fingers crossed that we get some good news at the weekend.

Only 8 working days left till my holiday - yipeeeeee!

Ciao image
    Txxx
  • Options
    hey susiee,

What a bugger about the dr's! It doesn't help when it's such a sensitive subject either - you'd think they'd put it through quicker!

Will definately be praying and wishing for the results to come back good!

Fingers crossed xx
  • Options
    Hi there

How is everyone?

Susiee, I got your address, book will be in the post tomorrow. I can't believe your doctors are so slow. I'm terrible at waiting for results and stuff, I can just feel myself getting more angry as time goes on. Like you say, they must have to test it in a timeframe, why does it take so long to interpret the data. Isn't that what all of this modern technology is supposed to help with. I do hope they pull their finger out for you.

LadyT, how are you feeling? have you had any symptoms yet? I'm not symptom spotting, honest. we all know that no symptoms is the new symptom, I even read it on another thread which made me smile. The insane gang messages are spreading. he he. Have you decided when you are testing?

Kernow, I'm so sorry you are so worried. It must be awful to feel the way you do. I'm sure everything is ok though. My two sisters had pregnancies which were poles apart one never stopped being sick and the other went off coffee and that was it. I do hope your mind it put at ease and you can then enjoy your pregnancy, it will fly over. 9 months isn't that long, just think how quickly christmas comes. Sorry, I hope you don't think I'm wishing your pregnancy away, it is just your doubt I'm trying to ease.

jennifuree, how are you getting on? Have you told your other children yet? It's nice that your mum and dad were happy, it does make a difference when your family are happy too doesn't it?

Bubbliscious, how are you? How are you getting on with your CBFM? I'm still turning mine on, don't quite know what its going to do he he. My memory is terrible, where are you at at the min? Have you ov'd or are waiting to? My memory does get better - honest. Thank you so much for info on docs too, I've made an appointment with my only lady doc. Hope yours gets sorted soon .

Well, I don't know what is going on with me. Had some spotting today which means my af will be 5 days early. Hoping it's impantation but last month I had spotting 3 days before af so think my body has decided to spot on a regular basis. I also have an infection on my face. Of all places - lol. It was a big lump under my skin and after I put a plaster on with toothpaste it came up bright red. Ooops. May I add, the doctor (pharmacist told me I had to go to the walk in centre) did say the toothpaste had nothing to do with it, i just had a minty fresh infection. Never mind. My cold has almost gone and the skin in growing back on my lips and nose as the chapped bits have fallen off. I could have played a leper actually, lol.

Anyway, enough of my woes. Lots of babydust to you all and hope tilty comes back with news of a BFP.

Night xxx

[Modified by: Vicsy on June 01, 2010 11:01 PM]

• Options
    Oh Susiee I'm so sorry to hear your news but please don't give up - there must be things they can do to help you get your bubba. I don't really know anything about this but if IVF is your only way then I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Did the Drs give you any advice about the next step when they delivered the results??

I have only one miracle story for you and it was a friend of my cousin - he had cancer as a child and therefore none-existent sperm count - they now have a beautiful baby girl with IVF. Sending you and hubby big hugs xx

Vicsy - I was just saying to myself this morning no symptoms are definitely the new symtoms! I am pleased to report no symptoms this morning which must mean I'm at least 5 months along image That would certainly explain my pot belly this morning (and not the pasta I had for tea last night!!).

Like you I am trying very hard not to symptom spot but got very excited last night when I saw a very dark boob vein which I'd never noticed before....but then it was gone this morning so my one potential symptom is no more image No AF symptoms to report either though which is good news - I got them for at least 5 days before AF last month so if she's coming she's being kind to me.
    Still determined not to test before I'm late - I've had 2x28 day periods and 2x29 day periods since I came off the pill so if I go for the longest, I guess Monday is day 30 and I'll be late - if I get there then I'll test then. But I'm not expecting to at all.

Tilty, hope there is some good from you when you return from hols!!

Love to everyone xx
  • Options
    Morning ladies,

Vicsy, I am on CD12 today and still on lows as expected [I normally peak around CD18 but have peaked as early as CD15 with no highs]. I have to go for my second go at 21 day bloods on CD25. Glad you're on the mend after your recent cold. Sounds like it was a bad one.

Susiee, I am sorry about your news but there is hope. A few years ago, I found a colleague of mine crying in the toilet at work. She was feeling terrible and had no idea why. She kept saying that she felt really unwell and strange. I asked her if she could be pg and she said that there was no chance as her DH had had a testicle removed and chemo due to testicular cancer years before. Anyway, to cut a long story short, she was and they now have a two year old son. Also, my SIL and BIL had problems conceiving because they both have long term illnesses. His SA showed considerably lower levels than your DH. Anyway, they had ICSI [he only had a few good sperm in the sample they used] and had two embryos implanted and she got her BFP the first time. I now have a three year old nephew.

[Modified by: Bubblicious on June 02, 2010 08:47 AM]

• Options
    Hi girls

How is everyone today?

Susiee, I'm so sorry about hubby's results, I'm sure there will be a number of options to look at. It must be so hard on you, but you will get through it, remember the guy I told you about, his wife had Pcos too and she is about 24 weeks now. Please try and keep up your hope. xx

Bubblicious, are you finding the CBFM a help then or is it just telling you what you kind of already know? Its awful just waiting for that high/peak isn't it? It's like waiting for your last number of the bingo to get a line. Then you have all that waiting to see if you have a full house. Mother nature can be cruel to us.

No symptoms to report from me, more pinky discharge (sorry tmi) but that seems to have gone now. I was naughty and tested this morning, will someone slap me? and obviously it was a BFN. I don't know why I do it. I was trying to be good like LadyT waiting until af was due but I just couldn't resist. hey ho. I think I just need to sleep until the end of the week - lol. My infected face is a tad better but now I have had an outbreak of spots, I think I maybe going back in time and suffering my teenage years again. I really did think I'd grown out of spots at my age. lol.

Lots of baby dust.

V xx
  • Options
    Hiya ladies

Vicsy considered yourself slapped you naughty woman!!! on the spot front I got some before my bfp - so if you have patience lady!!! you may still get your bfp!!! lol

Susiee: hun am so sorry for your news although as one of the others said that procedure ICSI is very good when there is a low sperm count xxxxxx

LadyT: looking good hun!! Am excited for you and Vicsy getting your BFP's on monday (if you can hold out!)

Bubblicious: hope the waiting for your peaks isn't too bad and you have fun bd'ing xx

Told my eldest daughter (14 year old) when we found out as being a teenager she is in the throws of teenage agnst and takes things personally if you don't tell her stuff! can't say that she was that pleased but know she will come round .... my two year old is obviously too young to understand although OH keeps asking her if she wants a brother/sister and her default answer is yes! when the baby comes it may be a different story!

Am going out on friday with my girlies and as I have developed a pot belly on top of my already big pot belly was feeling rather down so when out today and had a splurge! found a nice flowy type top that goes out at bottom to hide my large tum and will wear it with some leggings

Am not planning on telling them yet but with the not drinking and the putting on of weight they might ask (blunt asthey are!) so not sure what I'll say!

Babydust to you all xxxxx