Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Insane Gang - Another chapter

Replies

• Hiya ladies

Vicsy considered yourself slapped you naughty woman!!! on the spot front I got some before my bfp - so if you have patience lady!!! you may still get your bfp!!! lol

Susiee: hun am so sorry for your news although as one of the others said that procedure ICSI is very good when there is a low sperm count xxxxxx

LadyT: looking good hun!! Am excited for you and Vicsy getting your BFP's on monday (if you can hold out!)

Bubblicious: hope the waiting for your peaks isn't too bad and you have fun bd'ing xx

Told my eldest daughter (14 year old) when we found out as being a teenager she is in the throws of teenage agnst and takes things personally if you don't tell her stuff! can't say that she was that pleased but know she will come round .... my two year old is obviously too young to understand although OH keeps asking her if she wants a brother/sister and her default answer is yes! when the baby comes it may be a different story!

Am going out on friday with my girlies and as I have developed a pot belly on top of my already big pot belly was feeling rather down so when out today and had a splurge! found a nice flowy type top that goes out at bottom to hide my large tum and will wear it with some leggings

Am not planning on telling them yet but with the not drinking and the putting on of weight they might ask (blunt asthey are!) so not sure what I'll say!

Babydust to you all xxxxx
  • Hello All
    Vicsy - slap on the wrists from me too!! Although I must say it sounds super promising for you - I've got a good feeling that you'll get your BFP this month.

Jennifuree - didn't realise you had a teenager too! Wow what a handful that'll be with new baby and teenage angst! Hope you have a nice night with the girls and I bet you'll look fab in your new top.

Susiee - how ya doing tonight?

I've had one or two twinges in what I think are my ovaries - you know quite low down. But nothing else to report really - big fat nothing. Ah well. Work is manic at the moment so its managing to keep my mind of the horrible wait. Going to see sex and the city tomorrow with a few friends which should be fab - just wondering what to wear so I don't feel too unglam watching the very glam S&TC girls!

How's everyone else doing tonight.

Txx
  • Hey all,

Susiee - I'm so sorry about the test results but as the others have said there are steps you can take. Hopefully your Dr will explain all your options. Have a good time away and try and take your mind off things.

Vicsy - sorry about your infected face! You are in the wars aren't you?! Sorry also about your bfn but as you know it is very early so please don't give up yet (and slapped wrists for the early testing!). Pinky discharge also sounds good - keeping fingers crossed for you xx

ladyT - is your test date the 6th? (I can never remember these things!) twinges are meant to be good so fingers crossed for you! Will you test early?

Jenifuuree - have a great night out, I know what you mean about tyring to find clothes that hide the bloat! I have my friends hen do in mid July which is meant to be posh frocks dress code so not sure what I'll wear as suppose I could have a proper bump by then and it will be official then too - oh well an excuse to go shopping! Also have the Y11 prom on 1st July (should explain I'm a teacher not a Y11!!! and my form who I had from Y7 have just left in Y11 so have to go but no idea what I'll wear!!

Hope everyone is ok

xx
  • Hey gang
    Kernow - Sunday will be CD 29 for me so depending on how I'm feeling I might buy a test on Sat for Sunday morning. I'm going to try and not test though, I'll know soon enough if AF shows or not!

I still have no PMT to call anything - just those little twinges in my lady parts which don't feel like the PMT cramps I had last month - more like little pin pricks or something. Looked back at my Imenzies account and I had cramps/ headaches etc 5 days before my period last month and I've nothing like that this month; although never had PMT before last month. Trying not to get my hopes up tover this possible symptom as they've been dashed every month this year so far!

Viscy - noticed your other post. Are you sure it's AF coming and not implantation? A BFN at this stage is to be expected - you might have a different result on Sunday??

How's everyone else today?

Txx
  • Lady T, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Vicsy, if what you think is AF is early then perhaps it could be implantation as Lady T suggests.

I've lost my PMA today. I'm on CD13 and still on lows. And for some reason, today I can't picture myself being pregnant ever again or having another child. I feel down and frustrated about ttc. I'm having one of those days when it feels like I am just wishing my life away and perhaps there needs to come a time when we give up and start to enjoy what we have again without hoping for more.

Hope I haven't put you all on a downer ... sorry.

I'm sure I'll be as right as rain again soon.
  • Hey all
    Bubblicious - hope you're feeling better now and PMA has increased a bit! TTC really is a frustrating process and we can all sympathise. Feel free to rant away as much as is necessary!

Vicsy - how ya doing today? How's the face looking??

Tilty - you back from your break yet?

I'm wondering today if my little twinges are basically cramps in disguise and have now convinced myself that it is PMT and I should expect AF to show up any day now. Keep you posted over the weekend.

Weather is glorious today! Anyone doing anything nice?

Txx
  • Hey ladies,

Just checking in to see whether there were any developments vicsy?

LadyT - keep up the pma! It's not over yet! Are you still planning to test on Sunday?

Susiee - any news from Dr on where you and oh go from here? Are they putting you forward for fertility treatment?

Bubblicious - I think we've all felt like that at some point and as LadyT says ttc can be a very frustrating process but try and keep positive. When do you normally ov?

Hope everyone else is ok

xx

• Hi Girls

How is everyone this fine morning.

Nothing other than a BFN to report yesterday. Spotting has stopped, well for now. However AF is due tomorrow. I don't get PMT or cramp really so I can't even say AF signs are here. The only thing I have was last night I had a stitch and I hadn't done anything. Probably off cleaning though. Hey ho. Feeling particularly fed up so next month I'm not using anything or monitoring anything I'm just going to let things happen or not as the case may be. I'm not buying anymore tests either. Enough of my moaning.

LadyT, how are you doing? Have you had anymore AF symptoms? have you tested or are you waiting until after your af is late?

Bubblicious, so sorry you are feeling this way, I think we can all relate. The monitors sometimes take a while to get used to you, so if you don't get your BFP this month, next month the monitor will know you to a T. You will be a parent again. Will this be your second?

Jenifuree, I'm sure your daughter will be excited inside, my newphew is going through the angst stage, and Kevin and Perry do really get teenagers just right don't they lol. How are you feeling? Did you fing something to wear? Its funny how some people start to show early isn't it? I'm sure you will look lovely though whatever you wear.

Kernow, how are you? Have you found anything for your dance yet? How are you feeling? Have you been in touch with your midwife? Have you started feeling more sick? It won't be long before your scan will it? I bet you can't wait. It must be so exciting. Have you told anyone other than your parents yet?

Well girls, I'll keep you updated but I have no hope now, so onto another month. Going to focus on my weight and fitness this month though.

Babydust to all.

V xx

• Hey all
    Full blown PMT I'm afraid - although she's not here yet, its only a matter of time. I've got cramps, not bad ones, but cramps nevertheless and they feel like AF. I wish she'd just hurry up to be honest so I'm finished for my holiday next week. Was trying to kid myself that its implantation cramping etc etc but I know in my heart whats coming. Needless to say, shall not be testing - I think it will be money down the toilet so to speak!!

Viscy - now you do sound a bit more promising than me so am still holding out some hope for you! Hope she doesn't show...

Well I'm going out to sit in my back yard and mope - looks like its raining later so will make the most of the sun while its here.

Hope everyone else is OK?

Txx
  • Hi girls. Well it's over for me. Af arrived a day early in full full flow. Not usually this heavy this early but hey Ho. Sorry to hear you have pmt ladyt it could still be implantation there's more hope for you than for me petal. Feeling really fed up and think I'm going to try and stay off here a little too. Just think you may end up having a holiday baby. Italy isn't it? Ah Im so jealous. It'll be great for you. Fingers are still crossed for you x
  • oh no vicsy - really sorry she got you, the spotting must be a new part of your cycle. I understand if you need to stay away from here for a bit but please don't stay away too long - we will miss you!

LadyT - also sorry you feel like af is coming but as you say at least you can enjoy your holiday - sooo jealous by the way!

Well I'm still feeling tickedy boo - still no real sickness and I'm not even going to the loo more often which everyone else seems to get?? Still have sore bb's and I *think* I'm starting to get a little bump - it's hard to tell really as have been so bloated but I have a little defined bump which seems quite rounded and is quite hard to the touch but by the end of the day I get huge (which is definately bloat) but this little 'bump' seems to be here all the time. Not sure if it would be too early though (about 9 weeks now!). I don't see mw again until I'm 16 weeks but only 3 weeks to wait now for scan. In terms of who knows I think it is the worst kept secret in town! I'm not too bothered now though but work don't know yet but will tell them in a couple of weeks as have to have whole day off for scan (scan is at 1.30 and it's a hour drive to the hospital - lets hope my labour is quite long or it'll be a push come delivery date!). Umm and that's it from me really still get a bit scared about lack of symptoms but what will be will be.

Hope everyone else is good

xx
  • Thanks kernow. You're quite slight aren't you so it's probably a bump especially if you know it's bigger when bloated some other smaller ladies have said they are noticable sooner rather than later. Ah I bet you can't wait for scan. Some ladies don't get many symptoms maybe you are one of the lucky ones. An hour away, that's quite a drive. Let's hope your labour does last a little longer than that lol x
  • Hi All
    Vicsy I'm really sorry she got you - really thought it was your month. Don't lose heart, we'll get there soon enough I'm sure (although I bet it doesn't feel like it today).

I did wonder this month whether I should stay off here for a bit...but then I find it so helpful chatting about this sort of stuff because I can't talk to anyone else about it.

Kernow, you really should stop worrying about lack of symptoms - its what every pregnant woman dreams of surely!! 3 weeks will fly by I'm sure - it will be great to get that picture of little bear and make it seem all the more real.

Well I'm just doing a little packing for holiday so I'm getting quite excited. We're going to Tuscany (did I mention?) - stopping both in Florence and on the coast so a little hussle and bussle and relaxation. At least now I'll be able to enjoy a glass or two of italian vino, seafood, soft cheeses etc etc - all things that would be off limits otherwise.

Susiee, Bubblicious, Jennifuree, Tilty - hope you are all well too?

Txx
  • How's it going ladyt? Any news? X
  • Hi all,

Well, AF did indeed come while I was on holiday, but I was 99.99% sure she was on the way so I wasn't too upset by it. At least I got to indulge in copious amounts of nice red wine while I was away! So onto month 5 now...

I had a very good think while I was away and have decided to stop using OPKs and just BD when we want to and let nature take its course. I really enjoyed the novelty of OPKs and actively 'trying' at first but now it has been a few months I am starting to dislike myself when I get too obsessive about it all. I also feel that it has been stressing me out / making me over-think things, which can't help matters and might even be counter-productive.

I think I have realised that while I could well be pg next month it could also easily be another 5 months or longer. And if that is the case I really don't want to spend all my time obsessing about what day of the month I'm on / whether or not I should BD on a certain night because of what my OPK does/doesn't say etc. I also don't want to spend any more 2ww's obsessively checking my boobs / cm etc. desperately hoping for symptoms to appear!

Please don't think I'm being critical of anyone who is going to carry on very actively trying - it's just the effect it has on me as a person I don't like, not the concept of actively trying in general. I'm starting to feel it'd be better for my own happiness it took me a bit longer to conceive but I got a bubba that was 'made' in a more relaxed way!

So... I won't be keeping count of days other that to pay attention if my body is giving me signs I am fertile (I will still try and BD lots when this happens!) and making a note in my diary of when AF is due so I know when to test if I am late. I will still be on this site lots though and would love to carry on chatting to you all if that is ok!

Hubby was a bit surprised I wanted to stop the OPKs but he understood my reasoning and was fine with it. He says we can "do it like the cavemen did it" which I *hope* just means try to get pg without OPKs, rather than him clubbing me over the head and dragging me off to his cave for some rough BD!

That's my latest anyway - sorry it's a bit long!

I won't write about everybody else's news here as this post has already been excessively long and I have missed a lot of posts due to my week away! But I just have to say that Susiee, I am really sorry about your hubby's results. It's something I know almost nothing about *but* it sounds like some of the other ladies here have some positive stories about people in similar situations who have got pregnant, and I really hope that this is the case for you as well. Do you have another doctor / hospital appointment to discuss options? I really hope you're doing ok and that you get good advice about the options / help available to you. Lots of love and hugs, T xxxx

• Hey Tilty,
    Welcome back! Did you have a great time? Sorry AF came but as you say at least you got to really enjoy your holiday and have a few drinks! I understand how you feel about opk's and timings etc and I agree it definately does make it more stressful and there are lots of stories on here of people who got their bfp's when they stopped 'trying' so here's to you and vicsy doing it the 'natural way'! and hoping it works out for you.

And def stay on the site and keep chatting - look at me still on this forum evey day and on this thread! I'd miss you all otherwise!!

xx
  • Hey there ladies!

Welcome back Tilty sorry she came but glad you had a good time xxx

Vicsy sorry that af also came for you xxxx

LadyT any news???

Kernow am glad you are managing to stop stressing about the lack of symptoms! mine have all gone away as well my mum reckons it must be a boy as was sick most ofthe time with my girls!

Had a lovely time on friday .... was nice and cool in my new top and my friends all bought the story that I drove as I had to get up early a coupple of them said about going out when eveyone can drink lol will have to come up with another excuse if its before the 12 weeks!

Did the race for life event today and had a really lovely walk round in the sunshine

Hope everyone is ok xxxxx

Jen xx
  • Hi Kernow! image

I had a great time on holiday thanks - it was sunny every day and I very much enjoyed over-indulging in plenty of food and wine, as well as healthier things like going out running and walking on the beach. So AF coming really wasn't the end of the world. I'm also feeling *much* better since deciding to chill out a bit about the whole TTC thing, while still hoping to be pg as soon as possible of course.

My next AF is due on 1st-2nd July and hubby's 31st birthday is on the 3rd, so I am especially crossing my fingers for an amazing birthday pressie for him. I am not however going to do any counting of days etc. between now and then - just lots of fun BD and crossing my fingers!

I will absolutely still be on this site as I would miss all my 'insane' friends otherwise! It also stops me driving hubby crazy with baby chat by being on here, and it does actually help seeing that loads of other people TTC for 6 months to a year or more and then go on to get BFPs. Here's to the 'natural' way bringing Vicsy and I some luck, and to baby dust all round to the insane gang!

P.S. I hesitated a bit about saying that as I don't want to sound like I am invading anyone's privacy... BUT I feel like I know you all quite well now, so if any of you are on Facebook and fancy saying hello in person you are very welcome to email me. I am on there and happy to give out my real name by email, as long as no-one mentions anything about TTC on there as it is a secret! I totally understand if not though as one of the good things about this site is definitely the opportunity for truly anonymous chat! xxx

• Hi Ladies,

Sorry AF got you both, Tilty and Vicsy. Tilty, totally understand your reason for not doing the whole OPK, charting etc etc.

I have finally got a high on my CBFM on CD16 and I normally ov on CD18/19 so wish me luck image. I am feeling a bit more positive about ttc today. Although, this is the way way it works for me each cycle [mood swings ahoy!].

Kernow/Jen, I didn't get pregnancy symptoms until quite late with DS, probably around about 10 weeks and even then, they were in and off to the point where I kept asking DH to reassure me that I was still pg. Then, the symptoms were gone until later on when the tiredness set in.

Keeping fingers crossed for you LadyT.

Chat soon.

• Hi girls

congrats bubblicious on your high, it makes a difference when you see it doesn't it?

Tilty sorry she got you too. I think we are definately on the same page. My af is due 3rd July too. How do I email you? I would love to chat on face book too. It's a secret for us too so your secret would be safe on there with me. I'm happy for anyone to contact me too.

Jen, (do you mind me calling you jen) just let me know if not. Glad that your friends bought your story. It must be a nightmare keeping quiet for three months.

Kernow, how are you feeling petal?

I do hope ladyt is ok and that she is celebrating a bfp.

Well as my other post said I'm going au naturale along with tilty this month. I do have an appointment with the doc next monday so hopefully she will start tests for me just to check everything is ok. Bubblicious did your work ask why you had so many doc appointments when getting your bloods or could you get morning appointments?

I think Im feeling a little better now had a day of ironing and cleaning and sorting so think that has helped me quite a bit. Sad eh? Lol

Ladyt if i don't catch you, have a fab holiday. Can't wait to hear about your hols when you get back x x