Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BFP!! It must be all the porridge....

Hello girls

I am delighted to finally announce my BFP!!!imageimageimageimage

It has been quite a traumatic week... I was 10DPO on Saturday and got quite a lot of spotting - I wasn't sure if this was the usual precursor to AF or implantation bleed. Spotting stopped, so I did a FR on Monday (12DPO). It had the faintest line ever, but I didn't dare post (what a wuss).

I had some bright red bleeding on Monday afternoon. Did another FR on Tuesday (13DPO) and line was slightly stronger, but again had bleeding in the afternoon (thick brown this time). Did ANOTHER FR on Wed (14DPO), line stronger again and no bleeding. Think I should get shares in FR - many thanks for whoever posted about the BOGOF at Superdrug, has saved me a fortune!

Have had no more bleeding since Tuesday afternoon, so I took the plunge and did a CBD this morning and it declared the magical P word. I feel like I can stop worrying and actually believe it now! I'm hoping that I just had an extended implantation period. The regular BE-ers may remember that I have a bicornuate (heart-shaped) uterus, so it may be that in addition to implantation bleed, the bean is in one side of the heart and the other side wasn't quite sure whether to AF or not, so did a bit of dribbling.

Anyway, sorry to babble. I haven't let myself feel excited until now. Current symptoms:
- Heavy / tender boobs on and off since 2 days before OV
- Flaky nipples - yes really! Only started today but v weird.
- Frequent urination
- Otherwise feel absolutely normal

What we did:
- I ate porridge & honey every morning. Don't tell the bears
- Used Preseed
- Legs in air after BD
- BD on days 8, 10, 12, 13, 17, 18. OVd on day 13 (I'm normally day 18 so pleased we started early!)
- I have acupunture every month. This time I had it on day 15. No idea if it has made any difference, but thought you should know!
- OH has recently given up mountain biking (bless him), so again there may be no link, but it may have prevented his swimmers from getting too hot and bothered

We have been trying since Dec 07 (MMC in Aug 08) and will be due on 3 Feb 2010 (the day before Ladybird!). Good luck to all TTC-ers, old and new

Lots of love and babydust
Goldilocks
xxxxxxxxxxx

Replies