Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Waaahhh I so want to be pregnant!

2»

Replies

• oh babe i really feel for you, men just dont understand how much it effects us, they dont seem to feel the way we do, if he wants one then y cant he just go 4 it!!!
    with regards to the MC maybe he isnt ready yet cos he's scared of losing it again i really dont know, maybe he's just putting it off, but i know you prob cant even spk to him about it cos men wont talk about there feelings! xxx
  • That's true, I tried talking to him and he snapped at me, completely flew off the handle. He told me that he doesn't like showing his feelings because after his ex's abortion (she didn't want a kid and he did, but thought he should support her descision) he basically stopped spekaing to her about it and she told him to show what he felt, and he really scared her by the sheer intensity of his grief.
    Anyway, that's brilliant because now he won't show anything to me at all when he's feeling down, and just insists he's dealing with it. When I ask him he snaps at me, saying things like "Of course it hurts me, what do you think, I just forget?!"

I just don't know what to do.
  • Hun it sounds like he still has issues with it then, he just needs to get over the initial worry of it, maybe counceling? although how'd u get a bloke to go to councelling!! i dunno sounds like he just isnt over it and it really upsets him but he needs to understand that it upsets you just as much and that you need to know how to go forward from this, how long ago was it? if you dont mind me asking x
  • I think having a little baby will solve the problem, let him know that you cant be affraid of mc or you will never have a baby together. Let him know that he can be happier if he lets it happen. its difficult to know what to do. Maybe sit down with him and insist he lets you know how he really feels and what he would like to do x
  • Fiona is right, you need to try and do it calmly(is that a word!!) so he doesnt start shouting and doesnt upset you, just do it when you both have time and when nothing else is going to interfer . but this does all sound like having a baby or atleast getting pregnant should solve those problems, sorry to ask another personal question but how far gone were you when you mc? x
  • It was at just under 8 weeks, at the start of September.
    I suggested getting a necklace to help us have something to remember him by and move on. Sorry, I call it a him because I pictured a little boy in my arms as soon as I found out.

I know what he feels, I just wish I knew when he was hurting about it, so I could hold him.

I think a baby would help me. He just seems to be worried about the money involved and has sort of decided he'd rather it was spent on a wedding than a baby atm.

I suppose it's fair enough. I just feel very ready for a child right now, still longing for the one we lost... All I want is to make a home with him and have a family, be his wife.
  • Oh honey, it does sound like he is still very upset about what happened. Maybe mark the date your baby would have been born next month by doing something - planting something in your garden, perhaps?

Then once that sad chapter is over, perhaps you can plan a small wedding and start ttc again?

Good luck x
  • I can't wait to be pg again either. I have a ds who's 5 and was a happy accident that freaked me out to begin with. I really want to go through it again though but this time without the argh I've only been with 'daddy to be' for 3 months!! LOL! I'm still with him and we're married now so it all worked out well but would be nice to do it 'properly'. We both really want it. it would be lovely for ds to have a little bro/sis.
    Hope it happens quite soon though.
    Good luck and babydust to everyone! *****************
  • CAn I join too?

I want the bfp so much it hurts. Loved being pregnant with my lo 17 months am getting rather old now so want it to happen b4 its too late.

But AF all over the shop and waiting on blood test results to see if I'm even ovulating!!
    A friend whos firts is 10 days younger than mine is due with her 2nd any day and I'm soooooo envious.

I WANT ONE!!
  • I want one too, please!!!!!!!!
    Keep af away!!!!!