Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! warning... rant alert.

2»

Replies

• Options
    good to hear that some other people have "helpful" parents LOL
    I nearly asked my MIL: What if my mum said that?(my mum is only 45 and looking forward to being a granny)
  • Options
    I want to join too image

I have been married for 10 months and since day 1 my collegues at work r either asking if I want a baby or guessing if i am pregnant and not telling. As I am TTC it is annoying and VERY sensitive to these qus.

As of my sweet lovely mum, at the beginning she advised me not toget pregnant till I settle and thats true but once I amsettled and TTC she keeps telling me how difficult it is to raise babies and that I should wait. If AF arrives she will actually be happy!! I keep telling her not to think this way bcoz I as well might not get pregnant.

Now that I didnt concieve yet and knows I am stressing. She will always remind me of how stressing it is around babies !!

imageimageimage

I understand that she tells me that so I dont get sad I am not PG yet, But i dont want to hear that !! I am the one without a baby so ofcourse thats the lastt hing I want to hear about babies is how stressful it is !!
  • Options
    I could have written this exact post, even down to getting married next month!!!! I'm getting the same comments about waiting and enjoying each other. surely we have been doing that before the wedding but without the rings!! Other extremes are people constantly asking if we're trying or pregnant now and making loads of comments about it!! I guess people are just caring about us but it is something only you and hubby can decide. Easier said than done but just try and ignore them i guess!!

*Me* Are you getting excited for wedding? I am soooo excited. Can't believe it's so soon
  • Options
    I could have written this exact post, even down to getting married next month!!!! I'm getting the same comments about waiting and enjoying each other. surely we have been doing that before the wedding but without the rings!! Other extremes are people constantly asking if we're trying or pregnant now and making loads of comments about it!! I guess people are just caring about us but it is something only you and hubby can decide. Easier said than done but just try and ignore them i guess!!

*Me* Are you getting excited for wedding? I am soooo excited. Can't believe it's so soon
  • Options
    hehehe glad its not just me that needed to rant lol,

starrynu, hope ur feeling better today image
    riham, how annoying your mums being like that! how mean! people say that to me how hard work babes are, i cant beleive people would be silly enough to think i dont know theyre hard work! duh! im not niaeve, i do know babies are hard work, that doesnt stop me wanting one tho! lol

oooo wispa! good luck next month for you too! what date u getting married? im 21st image im sooo excited! trying my best not to think about it atm, coz im getting really nervous! xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    grr grr grr, and another saying it today! lol u need to go out and party more, go on more hols, blah blah, those things arnt important to me! i just want my house, hubby and some kiddie winkles, thats it, thats all i want from life, as long as i have that i will be happy,, and no amount of holidays, or nights out will beat that! some people just dont get it! lol x
  • Options
    I got married in september. I already have a 5 year old. I either got 'enjoy being married' or 'you will have a wedding night conception'. Grrrrrrrrrr. Its nothing to do with anyone. I totall sympathise. Now all I get is 'are you pregnant yet?'. You can't win. I think these people are just pushing their views on you because its what THEY would do/or would do differently if they had to go back.

Loving the rant thread image
  • Options
    yeah i think your right mrsfancyshoes! teehee! me too btw! its good for us all to let it out! xxxxx
  • Options
    When someone asks how many kids we want I smile and reply 'ten'. Then walk away. They are left with their mouth hanging open every timeimage
  • Options
    hahaaha im gonna try that next time! shock them into shutting up1 hahaha x