Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Drinking while ttc!

What is anyone else doing with regards to this?? I don't drink loads anyway but I do tend to have glass of wine or a spirit on a Friday and Saturday even and at the beginning of every ttc cycle don't think anything of it but then at the last few days waiting for af to arrive I suddenly think 'oh maybe I shouldn't have a drink tonight' - what does everyone else do? Does a small amount to drink so early in a preg matter anyway?? Esp when the chances are that I may not be preg anyway!

Please tell me it is not just me who has these ridiculous trains of thought! :lol:

Replies

• there is nothing wrong with the odd glass or two.i had two glasses of champagne at my mums wedding when i was 7 months on my first and she s fine .just relax and enjoy just not too often
  • ok I'll try and remember that!! Thanks!
  • im like you, i actually stopped drinking just before ttc, but now (its been a while) i have the odd glass of wine, but never get drunk. I know this is quite paranoid, but just the way i feel about it. funnily enough Mr C doesnt drink alot now either, made us alot healthier too :lol:
  • im the same i gave up drinking and smoking im on a diet aswell doing everything right but still not worked yet it feels like when i was unhealthy i got pregnant lol but i will just have to carry on see how it goes lol anita x x x
  • oh gosh glad I am not the only one - We are both on diets too (weightwatchers actually) and it is really paying off we have both lost WELL over a stone in the last 2 months but still have an occasional drink but that is ALL it is so we are gonna just stick with that for the time being!
  • Hi. I drink as usual during the first few weeks of the month, maybe 1-2 glasses of wine 4-5 nights a week! By the second half of the month I wonder if I might be pregnant and drink much less... just in case. I don't think you can put your life on hold, after all I have been ttc for a year now (managed it once but m/c). I know the experts say to cut down on the alcohol, and that it can affect your hormones, but my hormone levels are apparently fine. I also know friends who had no idea they were pg and drank heavily for a number of months, going on to have healthy babies! So... I reckon enjoy a glass or two, even get drunk occasionally, but just be aware not to do it every night! George,x
  • Hi, I have only had a couple of low alcohol beers (2%) since trying to concieve and now I know I am pregnant am not going to touch a drop. I know its safe to have a glass or two a week but I think its a personal choice and I'd rather not have any. I think most things in moderation are ok, if you are struggling to conceive though it may be worth stopping having any for a while. xx