Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long was you on the pill?

2»

Replies

• Hi K-Lou,
    I started taking dianette in my teens (prescribed for acne) and stayed on this for many years, probably about 12 years. I wanted to stop taking it as I heard that you shouldn't be on it for so long but my GP kept me on it to treat my PCOS.
    I then changed to microgynon which made me feel really anxious and depressed and was then changed to Cileste which suited me quite well. I stopped taking this about 1-2 years ago just to see how my body reacted. My periods were always irregular and on occasion very painful.
    It's so strange how we spend so much of our life trying not to get pregnant, then are desparate to get pregnant! I think they recommend being off the pill for at least 3 months before trying to conceive but I know people get pregnant much quicker after stopping. Good luck! X x
  • Thanks honey I was the same on this pill always in a mood and very depressed i have never felt better since coming of it I had no idea it was the pill making me feel this way.

Yes i think they say that so they can get your due date right I think

k xx
  • Thanks Em - it sounds like you had all the same symptoms as me! It's like I keep telling myself I'm not pregnant but then something comes up and I google it and it's a pregnancy sign!! It is typical and I am sooo frustrated! That Grrrr!! summed it up for me. I cried after my BFN and I'm holding back the tears at work now - I just want my body back to normal again and to know where I am, even if that isn't pregnant. I have had EWCM a lot whilst on the pill - I didn't know what it was until I came on this site! I did have it about 4 weeks ago and we bd before and after which is why I thought the signs were a real pregnancy. But no AF yet. How long did it take for you to feel 'normal' again? I just don't know how I can try and conceive if I have no idea where my body is and my head is equally all over the place. I'm a mess!! xx
  • You know what i never use to check my cm so I don;t ever remember seeing EWM so am a little freaked out that I have no been OV. I hardly had any when I had the OV pains for three days, it was a little clear but mainly white and a little stringy and that was it so the true test will be when I come on next and if I should I OV?

xxx
  • I didn't have it every month K-Lou so I'm not sure what that means either - and I read that Microgynon is meant to trick your body into thinking it has already ovulated so again don't know whether I should or should not have had EWCM whilst on the pill. I definitely had some this month though but that was nearly 3 weeks ago now and no AF yet! I am getting hope from the people who only took 3 or 4 months to get back to normal as I feel I could cope with that. I keep saying to DH that I don't mind going through this now if someone tells me when it will finish! But there's no magic wand sadly! It does feel better talking to people that have been through the same thing so that's some consolation! Going to go home, cook my DH a nice dinner as I have been a neglectful wife of late! Have a nice evening all xx