Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hi girls

hi girls,

I just wanted to update u all, well after my 51 day cycle i went to gp who said tht it was fine and normal. I told asked him was there anything I could do or he could give me to help make me more regular as my and hubby hv been ttc for 6 months, ur not going to believe what his answer was, THE PILL, so after going mad. I told him i was worried tht i wasnt ov therefore unable to get pg, he said if you hv af u ov so there shouldne be a problem.

So after some time away we trying again this month,
good luck to everyone

Kelly

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Was wondering where you had gone! I think i had missed the bit where your af had arrived - so sorry to hear that - your gp sounds like a wally!

But good luck with it all - hope you are feeling refreshed and calm!
  • Options
    Hi, i hope you don't mind me saying but your doctor sounds like an idiot!!! Is there another one at your surgery that you could go and see? did he explain your blood test results? Plus i'm not sure that he's right - if you have af doesn't mean you've def ovulated. I think you need a second opinion. I've had some pretty long cycles before (up to 72 days) but i wasn't ttc at the time and it was pretty stressful enough then. Good luck, xx
  • Options
    Hi Kelly, glad to see you back!! Good luck for this month!! xxxxxx
  • Options
    hi
    have to agree with the above. I am sure you can get af and not ovulate....otherwise we would be missing periods and getting all excited! Get a second opinion.
  • Options
    hi kelly,great to hear from you.now listen love,dont you be fobbed off by that doctor,because i assure you he is talking rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont ovulate every month,but i get af every month.ive had the 21 day blood tests done etc,and it showed that i do ov but not every month. try and make an appointment with another doctor preferably a woman!!! if its anything like my surgery,you may have to wait a few weeks to get an appointment with female doc,but it will be worth the wait! xxx
  • Options
    Kelly - that is rubbish. I had a depo injection years ago and when i stopped it I had periods within a few months - like you assumed that i was ovulating. But after two years of trying I was referred for blood tests which said I wasn't ovulating - so like Gayle said - get a second opinion because that is not right!! Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hiya Kelly, nice to have you back. Change your bloody doctor is about the best advice I have for you. Anyone who recommends the pill when you are actually trying to have a baby is a f**king idiot. They can do very simple tests to check you are ovulating so if you can get another more sympathetic GP to help then that's the way to go. Just out of interest last July I think I had a very early miscarriage, having all the signs of being pregnant (and at 15 weeks today I now know exactly the same symptoms). But 4 negative tests. Male doc I saw was a total tw*t, really rude and said the obviously I wasn't pg if 4 negative tests and shoo-ed me out the practise. I went straight to a female doctor who arranged for all kinds of tests for me. Shouldn't be the case but female docs are a different breed when it comes to baby-stuff.
    Take care
    Tracey xxx