Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can anyone help?

I was planning to come off the pill when my current supply runs out on the 4th July. I'm currently taking cerazette (sp?) mini pill.
I was wondering when I would expect my first bleed afterwards? I only ask because I have a wedding to go to on the 16th of July, and oh and i are spending the night in a hotel. We have a 15 month old and don't get a lot of time together so it wouldn't be ideal to have a bleed/period that day!! It'll also be my first period since conceiving my son more than two years ago and breastfeeding, so I'm expecting it to be very painful!
Anyone know what to expect coming off that pill?

Replies

• Options
    Hi chick, my experience when I came off the pill (mircogynon) was I bleed when I normally would after taking my last pill then fell into a 28 day cycle. However everyone is so different and have very different experiences when they come off the pill. If you are worried chick it might be worth waiting until after the wedding and enjoy your day and night away. Sorry not much help really xxx
  • Options
    As JB81, everyone is different. Most women get their first bleed within the first 6 weeks but some take longer. One of my friends waited 7 weeks, I had to wait 13! There is really no way you can predict it but as a general rule the longer you have been on the pill without a break the longer you may have to wait.
    Good luck and hope you get a nice night with your hubby!
  • Options
    Hi, you should get your withdrawal bleed as you normally would. As the other girls have said, it's the first 'proper' af, that can be a bit unpredicatable. xx