Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Positive OPK, where's my BBT rise??

Hello

Does anyone do both OPKs and BBT who might be able to help? I'm on my second cycle off the pill after nearly 7 months. First cycle was about 4 months and now I'm on CD65 of cycle two. I got my first positive OPK on friday at about 6pm but still haven't had a temperature rise:\?. I think I'm getting to the stage where it's looking like a false positive. I've had scans and bloods which didn't show PCOS as I know this can give false positives. I'm only using cheapies and I think I'd left it longer than 10 mins but I've never seen it this strong even after a long time being left. For about 6 days prior to the positive I'd had watery CM but no EWCM.

I had been taking a low does of AC for about 2 weeks prior to this but stopped as soon as I got the positive. I'm wondering if I should have carried on taking it.

Am I right to think I haven't ovulated......?

Thanks xxx

Replies

• Hi littlewolf, taking it orally at 6.30am every day before moving, getting up, eating etc. The only thing that may vary is room temp, amount of sleep, amount of clothes etc.
  • it is possible that you geared up to ov but for some reason it had delayed itself, i did on one cycle get 2 lots of + opk i oved for real on the 2nd lot as i got my rise followed by af, i had very long cycles then

i would carry on temping and bding, if you are accuratly temping it should show ov after 4 days,

good luck

• Thanks piggypops. I looked on ff chart gallery and a few graphs did that. Still low thismorning so I think it geared up and then gave up at the last minute. I stopped taking AC and EPO as soon as I got the + but maybe should have waited until the rise? I'm scared to start again in the vague hope that there is a little bean there, but fairly sure I didn't ov. Seeing a homeopath next tues so might leave it and see what she says.

Thanks for your advice x
  • Hi StarryNu! I use FF too and my temp rise is usually 1-2 days after my positive OPK. xx
  • Hi just thought I'd share my experience. My temps were really erratic when I was temping orally and someone suggested I take it gaginally as it's more accurate. After I got over the intial ickyness of it, I've noticed a massive difference in my temps. They are following a much more readable pattern. Hth
  • Thanks Mrs R, I knew 5 days was a bit optimistic.
    Mrs Doc, I've been considering doing that for a while but not really wanting to, but if it does the job I suppose it's probably worth it......