Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coming off the pill

2»

Replies

• Options
    Congraulations on your pregnancy. I have never had chicken pox or measels. Kind of worried now that thought had never crossed my mind.
  • Options
    Congraulations on your pregnancy. I have never had chicken pox or measels. Kind of worried now that thought had never crossed my mind.
  • Options
    The chances of catching either are pretty small but it's still worthwhile getting checked. But a colleague of mine at work had chicken pox when I was about 10 weeks pregnant. So I was exposed but I was already immune. Strangely, I'd just had a meeting with her the week before and there were two other women there who were also pregnant! But they were immune too so we were all okay.

Most girls are either checked for rubella immunity or given the immunisation at school so it's likely that you are covered. Also, you could have had german measles without it being officially diagnosed. I had it as a child but they were pretty vague about the diagnosis. You said you've never had "measles" but rubella is german measles which is different. You won't have had measles because again most children are immunised against that.

If you do have to be immunised then I think you have to wait 3 months before you can start trying to conceive. Well worth seeing your GP if you think you may not have had either. And don't feel bad about not knowing this! I knew about rubella but not chicken pox. We all have gaps in knowledge. I hardly knew anything until I joined baby expert!
  • Options
    wow all the stuff you know, I have had all of thata child so i should be ok but will run it by the doctor. i am so excited image i am just hoping i actually have AF in 10 days or that would be two periods I miss and no baby so something is wrong!!

K xx