Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help me please - need some advice

I've still been lurking around here keeping up to date with everyone but haven't posted for a while. In month 9 of ttc now - since coming off the pill my cycles have ranged from 33-43 days long - different every month, such a nightmare, but usually coming on about day 35-36.

I'm now on day 41 of this cycle - its wierd, I started getting af cramps over a week ago but still no sign and my boobs have also been a lot more sensitive than usual. I hate getting my hopes up every month but this month feels maybe slightly different... I just can't cope with a BFN though so am so reluctant to test because I KNOW af will turn up - something inside me is telling me that I'm not meant to get pg but every month my hopes build up again.

Has anyone who has been pg had af style cramps for over a week without af showing??

I'm not sure I can bring myself to test! help! What would you all do??

Abby

Replies

• Options
    sorry i'm a bad influence right now i'd say TEST TEST TEST!
    Should be relatively ok to test, as close to longest cycle now and usually would come on soon?
    Good luck(get poas) and let us know!
    Filo x
  • Options
    i think iv caught the "encouraging ladies to POAS syndrome" so im going to say test too!

good luck abby

xx
  • Options
    eeeeeek I don't know! I feel like i'm tempting fate if I POAS... everytime i've ever done it af has arrived... at least at the moment I have a glimmer of hope lol
  • Options
    Ahh well then you may be getting a nice surprise then say in about 9 months time! lol
    Even if AF appears then you'll not be in limboland, i hate that place the most. Good luck. Get yourself to the shop and POAS live. Need some good news today(am on mighty impatient 2ww).
    Filo x
  • Options
    I agree with Filo - get down to the shops!!!!

This time of waiting is the WORST! If anything i dread this wait than i do evening having af!!!!

Its the not knowing, its a killer!!

xxEM23xx
  • Options
    I know its a killer but every day I'm late allows me to daydream - I know it sounds wierd but I NEED these sorts of days where I can live in hope because once af arrives i know how I'm going to be - upset, emotional and I just can't handle it :'(

I don't know what to do
  • Options
    I really do understand where you are... im close to my af due date and im getting more and more apprehensive... like id rather not know, then af can arrive, i can cry, and then get on with it.... but - what if....what if you get two lines!!!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    I know... I'm too scared though I think -I may give it till sunday which will be day 43 and officially my longest cycle in 8 months and if AF arrives before then I won't be as gutted as getting a BFN and then having to wait for her to arrive...
  • Options
    Right, look - why dont we make a pact... i've got to not test early.. so lets test together! that way i wont POAS cause i'll be letting you down (or so i'll think lol)!!

xxx
  • Options
    hi i had af style cramps for a week expecting af my cycle was all over the place so didint bother testing then when i di just vefore a wedding to be sure it was a BFP!!! so it can happen we waited 15months for that BFP. now ttc no 2 and having the same cycle difficulties again as expected xx TEST TEST xx
  • Options
    Em - you are on - when are you due?

hayleys1 thanks for your msg... although it has not helped my current state of confusion!

I'm going to pact with Em - will test on Sunday if still no af... definitely definitely definitely

eeeeeeek
  • Options
    ok Sunday is the date............ dont even think about it now... just count down until Sunday morning....

LOL!!! xxx
  • Options
    ok Sunday is the date............ dont even think about it now... just count down until Sunday morning....

LOL!!! xxx
  • Options
    Ok deal - and fingers and toes crossed for both of us that af stays away, what an amazing mothers day that would be!

I'm sooo nervous - keep going to the loo to see whether af has arrived!
  • Options
    yeah me too... and my loo at work is up two flights of stairs so at least im exercising! lol!!

The funny crampy/pulling feeling has stopped for the last hour but im still getting a needle stabbing pain inside every so often - this has been happening for about a week.

I feel like phoning my womb and asking her what the hell is going on in there - is there a party i HAVENT been invited too??

xx
  • Options
    tell me about it - I've been having proper style cramps for well over a week now - my dh keeps saying maybe its wind lol - I'm trying to tell him what a distinctive pain it is and there is no way I am mistaking it for something else!
  • Options
    Wind!! ha ha ha!! Does wind hang around for a week? what a cutie-pie!!

I swear since the time i 'thought' ov happened i could have sworn af was coming...

I just hope im nt going to pop back into long cycles again, they were awful!

• Options
    Urgh mine drive me insane - i've never had a cycle the same in 8 months - never know when i'm ovulating or due on hence my current situation! Hubs has also convinced himself that he has a low sperm count so not helping matters!

When do you think you ov?
  • Options
    keeping everything crossed for you, ill be checking back on sunday.

i was convinced af was on her way, was stroppy, cramps etc etc which lastest a good week after af was due....and i got a bfp that month.

really hope this is your month.

• Options
    Ahh hey honey thanks so much - how are you doing? You must be getting along a bit now?!!