Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How are my fellow SMEP'rs doing?

Replies

• Hello! I've decided to give it a go this month seeing as it's got such a high success rate! I'm only on CD6 atm so we BD'd tonight and we'll see how it goes. Atm my cycles are about 30ish days long so doesn't necessarily follow the timeline of the plan but ordered a load of OPK's from the internet so have plenty to see me through the month. *fingers crossed*
  • I was looking for this post the other day, I obviously didn't look hard enough as here it is!!

Anyway, this is my 2nd month of SMEP, got a BFP last month but it didn't stick. I'm now onto CD30 of what is usually a 29 day cycle and 13DPO. AF is due today and absolutely no sign of her. TMI but i'm as regular as clockwork and usually get pink blood when i wipe on the evening of day 29 and then full blown red the next day. Anyway, at 10dpo I had pink / brown CM when I wiped and nothing since (i'm hoping this was implantation), i've had a metallic taste in my mouth since around 3dpo and have an increased sense of smell. Fingers crossed it's good news, but trying not to test for another week at least after last months result!! Good luck all xx
  • Ooh sounds promising! Really hope you get the result you want *fingers crossed*
  • oooh that sounds good Dotty! When will you be POAS? I'm testing Friday *Technically 2 days early but I can't wait till Sunday!
  • Hi Ladies ... I am starting agin for Feb day 7 today ...PLEASE let it work this month
  • I think i'm a great advertisement for the SMEP!! I've just got a BFP on my 2nd month of trying, and i got one on my 1st month of trying too!! Good luck everyone and hope you get your SMEP BFP's soon!!! xx
  • Hi Babahunny... here is the plan to follow.
    Try" every other night starting Day 8
    Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
    Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
    When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
    Skip one night, then do one last "try"
    Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
    If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.

Good luck
  • I know it does wear you out!! i start tonight but am away Sat and Sunday so will have to miss a day hoping it wont make much diffrence as i dont normally OV until day 12/13....

If you have ben trying for a while it will be worth investing in a Clear blue fertility monitor they are about ??100.00 in Boots but you can get them on amazon for about ??60.00... or you can get the monthly tests.
    I have a fertility monitor but I also use the monthly clear blue wee on a stick tests as I have been trying for a while and getting fed up now ! have a look on the clear blue website it is helpful...

Good luck let us know how you get on
  • Well we're still sticking to the plan, BD'd on CD4, 6, 8 & 10...currently on CD11 & no positive OPK as yet so hoping tomorrow is that day...Have been getting more CM so fingers crossed I'll be in the 2ww after tomorrow!!

x x
  • Hi Babahunny...
    I have been trying for over 2 years! but only been using the sticks and machines for about 9/10 months. I did get pregnant after my wedding in Oct 2007 first month we tried but had early Miscarrage...
    it takes an averge 7 months to get PG and I am sure you are still young so dont fret! we are starting to get help now so I hope it will not take long

But I am only on thired SMEP month so not to give up yet!
    Curls - do you get your positive at the same time each month ?
  • Hi girls,

How is smeping going for everyone??

Well thats me in the 1ww and im symptom spotting like mad despite promising not to as I only feel utterly gutted when the witch chaps at the door lol. However, I have been really thirsty the last few days, is that a symptom?? lol other than that its the usual sore boobs/nips and cramping.....god i wish it was obvious like our nipples turning green at conceptionimage xx
  • Hmm don't know about green nipples...maybe a light shining out of your belly button? lol!! we're only on CD9, it feels like its really dragging by though, think because i'm so anxious to get to the 2ww!
  • Hmmmm ok so green nipples wouldnt be a good look lol. Why are af symptoms similar to pg ones for some?? Just to make it even more difficult eh, oh well i should know either way this time next week if i can resist testing early. Hoping month no 20 is lucky for me lol. x
  • I hope so too Bryony its our turn this month! wouldnt it be great if you did have something like that so stop all the waiting...
    Plumduff I am CD9 too and it is dragging along
  • 10dpo today, feel a bit weird, not really wanting to test, real lack of 'symptoms', really tired and have a thumping headache, feel like I just want this month to be over with! Soo wanted my bfp this month, but for some reason have now got a real lack of pma! Old misery today ha ha! Sorry girls! xxx
  • Aw Cass thats ok, we all have off days like that!! Have to admit any pma I had has disappeared!! Symptoms sound quite good tho, hopefully you will get your bfp this month!! xx
  • Fingers crossed chook, this is going to sound really mean but I got a bit teary at all the bfp's on here, soo pleased for all the lovely girlies, but, you know....
    Even dreamed about putting a bfp post on here! Going crazy now! lol! Know a good joke to cheer up a misery moo?
    Hows you doing sweetie? Fingers crossed for you this month! xxx
  • Ooooh havent been called chook in ages lol!!

I know what you mean about getting upset at everyone else's bfp's, im beginning to think its never gonna be my turn. Ive also put great thought in how to word my bfp post when the time comes lol.

Dont think I have heard any good jokes for ages, any one else have one?? image

Im not too bad, today is cd 22 so the witch is due next friday but as I said im kinda feeling like its never gonna be my turn and I have zero pma.....god sorry for bringing this thread down....ok im away to find a good joke lol!! xx
  • Lol! Me too, been thinking about the wording all day, I think we may be obsessed! lol!
    I have made a new post for jokes.
    We'll get there, if we both get our bfp's could be cycle buddies! xxx
  • Yeah that would be cool Cass, fingers crossed we get out bfp's!! Are you in the 1ww as well!??

OOOPS got distracted, forgot I was meant to be looking for jokes, will head over to your new post to investigate image x