Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How are my fellow SMEP'rs doing?

Replies

• MollieA, I have only been using OPK's fo 3 months and I have had a +ive on CD12, CD11 & this month CD12, but as I was following SMEP to the letter, I thought I'd try from CD10 just in case.

CD12 was yesterday so let the daily BD commence...Had really bad OV pains this month (well I think that what they are...harsh stitch like pain where I think my ovaries are image )

I think this makes me 1DPO?? I think anyway...FF's VIP freeby month decided to stop today just when I needed to know what it thought image Temp rose from 36.2 to 36.4 yesterday, but is 36.4 again today & was expecting another rise image

Oh well from here I will be SS'ing like mad, no point saying I'm not going to, as I just can't stop image

Baby dust to everyone!!!
    xx
  • Hey Bryony, yep in the 1ww, am on 11dpo, although this time last month AF got me, short lp?! Hows you doing today?

Curls, when your temp rises, that first rise will be 1dpo xxx
  • Hi Cass,

Thats pish that the witch got u early last month....hopefully that will b the last of the witch u will see for 9 months!!

Im ok, being a wee bit naughty and having a couple of voddy'simage

No idea how many dpo i am but im not too far behind you...yay ive got a cycle buddy!! image
  • Lol hun, its nice to relax once in a while!
    If af shows her evil face this month i will have a heeuge glass of wine! I was a bit worried that my lp was getting a bit short, think my poor body is trying to settle after the pill. xxx
    I hope we're pregnancy buddies too! xxx
  • Well I got another rise in temp today so I have had
    CD11 - 36.2,
    CD12 - 36.4,
    CD13 - 36.4,
    CD14 - 36.7

over the last four days! with a +ive OPK on Friday, so I think I'm 2/3 DPO!

One more BD today with a night off tomorrow then one for luck on Tuesday!!! image xx
  • I am still doing it this month .. day 12 no peak yet.. To be honest I am feeling really negative.. I have this "cant be bothered" attitude as I dont expect it to work.
    To make matters worse sat night my Hubby (accidently) got hit in the nuts by a pool que he was in agony ... I doubt that has helped our plans along any quicker.
    I felt so selfish all I could think was "oh no hope he is not damaged!" and he was in agony, I didnt tell him that of course!

• I have a question re: OPK's, after the first day you get a + do you carry on testing until it dips again or do you just go by the first + and leave it at that?
  • you stop once yuo get your peak ...keep the others fro next month ... but you may not need them!
  • Thanks MollieA, I only ask because i've read some women get 2 peaks so I didn't know whether to keep testing after I got a + or not!
  • oh I didnt know you can get two peaks ... it always says to stop once you get your peak .
    Maybe I am wrong .. does anyone else know??
  • oh I didnt know you can get two peaks ... it always says to stop once you get your peak .
    Maybe I am wrong .. does anyone else know??
  • I'm just following to plan to the letter, so I stopped testing after I got my positive on Friday...I guess that when you BD for 3days in a row then miss one & then once more, it covers if you get a 2nd peak as I think they happen in close proximity to each other.

I am currently on CD15 so its my night off tonight before my one for luck tomorrow. I am classing myself as 3DPO today & I'm getting pains in my lower stomach, which are getting worse tonght.

I know its far too early for SS but hey ho, thats all part of the fun eh?

Hope everyone else is going OK!

Keep up your PMA MollieA, just cos you havent got your peak yet doesnt mean its not going to happen, you're probably just OV'ing slightly later than usual...

Come on girl...keep with me :lol:

xx
  • CD25 and any pma is slowly decreasing as d-day draws nearer. No real symptoms, just the usual af ones altho been getting cramps that are a bit stronger than normal!?? sore boobs and crabbit towards poor hubby who cant seem to do right for doing wrong lol.

How is everyone else doing!?? Its getting too quiet in here!! image

xx
  • ahh thanks Curls!! I will keep my chin up ...
    Slight change of plan for me as I cant follow the plan anymore this month.... Hubdy has an appointment at the hospital Friday to check his swimmers we tried to change it because it was right in the middle of SMEP! (you cant "release" for 4 days ).... but the next appointment was ages away so we decided to keep it . So no BD for me until Friday night which is day 16..
    So I have gone from wanting to get a peak to hoping it stays away until then!.

Curls I hope it has worked for you this month .. on to your 2WW which is the worse

Bryony dont give up hope you are not out of the race yet ...
    Chin up everyone !
  • Thanks MollieA, hope you OV holds off until your hubby's ready (plus I hope his swimmers are OK) image Think my OH is thinking about going to check after this month if we dont get our BFP this time.

My last night of SMEP tonight...at 4DPO already I think so probably no point, but I'm sticking to the plan...might as well seen as though we started it! image

Getting pains in my lower stomach again today, for most of the day so fingers xd thats for the right reason image

Baby dust to everyone!
    xx
  • hi everyone! sorry i've been neglacting this thread recently! hope you're all doing ok. i'm on cd 14 but don't usually ov till around cd19 or 20. i'm not happy with my pk sticks at the moment coz i usually get them from home health but they seem to have changed them and they're not the same - my control line isn't as strong and its more difficult to tell if i've got a +ve. i think i got some ewcm yesterday and theres a bit of a line on my opk today but i don't think its dark enough for a +ve. it might mean i'm going to get a +ve tomorrow so i'll just have to wait and see.
    hubby suggested that i could temp instead if i'm not happy with the sticks, so a q for those of you who do - do you find it difficult to remember to do it? i know you're supposed to do it as soon as you wake up while still lying down and i just can't see it being my first thought when i wake up!
    anyway, sorry for jabbering away, good luck everyone! xxx
  • Cookiesandcream how have the OPK's changed? They're the ones i'm using. Got a faint line again today so feeling better about not getting anything the last couple of days, hoping this means i'll OV soon. Bit worried because DH is out on the lash Saturday, don't want to tell him he can't drink but it'll be right around OV time!
  • Well thats SMEP over for me (& I'm knackered) & according to FF I am 4 DPO not 5 as I first thought...

With regards to Temping CookiesandCream, I thought exactly the same thing but I just put me thermometer on my bed side cabinet & its the 1st thing I do when I snooze my alarm...

Just habit now.
    xx
  • I am now 9dpo. SMEP is over for me this month - thank goodness cos im knackered!!! lol

Good luck ladies xx
  • well one day to go till the possible arrival of witch face lol. cant say im feeling any more posituve but tbh im trying not to symptom spot and thinking that the witch is coming otherwise I will build my hopes up and be a blubbering mess if (or when) she arrives.

best of luck everyone!! xx