Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Well, its been a year :(

Hi girlies, its been a year for me so far. The oldies here would know me as Cass82, how is everyone? Any old faces? Its all changed on here! lol!

Little update on me. Tried lots so far, SMEP, temping and charting and even not trying! Been trying CBFM for the past 4 months, no luck yet! Considering going to the doctors, but that makes everything serious and real and I'm not quite ready for that yet!

Anyway, thought I might see if I can change my luck on here.

Babydust to you all xxx

Replies

• Hi hun,

We've been trying for seven and half months and it's just so hard. I find it hard being on third cycle of CBFM and no luck as yet as everyone seems to get success with it straight away. Have you been gettign peaks on it every cycle?

L x
  • Hi

Yes. have been getting highs and peaks every month, so am starting to get worried that there is something wrong - which is probably not helping! lol!

How about you hun? x
  • Have you been to the doctors at all yet? Perhaps you should go to get the ball rolling? Is this your first?

I got a peak the first cycle but then second cycle was too long but got positive OPK after and currently on CD 18 and still high, so frustrating!

I just want a BFP!!!!
  • Aww hunni, I know how you feel. Its really hard ttc, especially when there seems to be a lot of bfps.

My cycle lengths are about 26-29 days long and I ov in the middle so am getting very frustrated, but at least my body has finally got back to normal since coming off the pill.

Trying for my first and I think you might be right about the doctors, if AF shows her face this month then its the doctors for me, I hope CBFM works for you soon hun x
  • OMG! Just wrote a long reply and the stoopid new site lost it!

Anyway, it is really hard hunni, just takes up everything!

I think I will definitely go to the doctors if af shows, although my cycles are really regular - they took a while after I came off the pill.

I hope that the CBFM works for you soon though hun, its good at helping to work out your cycles. Babydust in bucket loads coming your way. xxx
  • Ahh, thanks hun.

Lots of babydust to you too. Hopefully you wont need docs cos you'll get BFP this month.

I've just seen you've joined CBFM thread so we can keep in touch there.

• Hey chick. I remember you. It took me nearly 18 months to get my BFP with my DD - hang on in there because it will happen. We had actually been referred for IVF and it actually helped me having all the tests done in the meantime as I felt like I was doing something (other than the blinkin' obvious!). Anyway, ttc #2 now and on month 5 so looks like I am in for a similar wait :roll:

Hope it happens for you soon x
  • Hiya I'm on month 13 and did go to the docs a couple of months ago. He took 21 day bloods which were actually 18 day bloods as I have short cycles at 25 days. All that did was confirm that I had OV'd. He said hubby now needs to give a sample for testing but haven't done it as yet. Thought we would give it until the new year and see what happens. Am secretly hoping we won't need to go image

Anyway I felt more positive after I had that first test and if you think it has been long enough then book an appointment. Like kaycee said, it will happen so good luck, hugs and baby dust xx
  • hey BFP, I'm not too far behind you. It's 9 months this month. Had a really bad month last month, and was so miserable about it all. Went to the doctor and they say we can go further with tests in the NY if no BFP. Made me feel better to know no matter what, we had a plan. We got a CBFM this month too, and am generally feeling more optimistic, and happier in general.

I think although it does in some way feel 'more serious' to get doctors involved, it also in some ways (to me) feels very reassuring. I guess, if there is something wrong with us, I hope we can get on and fix it quickly.

I really hope you get your BFP soon, but if not, you never know, going to the doc's might actually relieve some of the pressure. Good luck!
  • Hi BFP,

We've not been ttc as long as you, on month 7. Started using cbfm last month too.

I went to the doctors at the beginning of last month too, because i have pretty irregular cycles (anything from 17 days to 48) and she said becasue of that if nothing in the new year to go back and she'll start testing me. Like LM, it made me feel so much better going, because i know i'll get the help i need when i decide to go back. I still have bad days (i try and stay away from here when they come calling) but i keep telling myself it will happen and all this waiting will have been worth it.

Good luck and babydust xxx.
  • hello ladies,

Just wanted to say I completely understand how you all feel. We tried for 9 months before going for tests but had been having unprotected for a year. We had tried everything - smep, different positions, less bding, preseed, cbfm, opks etc etc and i just knew i should be pregnant by then. I felt so down and depressed about it all and felt that life was passing me by.

Anyway, I would say def get the ball rolling asap for investigations even though there may be nothing wrong. The bloods and sperm analysis are so easy to do. In my case my dh has low sperm count and motlity and morpholgy - he is physically fit and healthy so it was a shock for him. I am hoping that none of you have these problems but the wait to start ivf if you did do it can be bad in some areas so the sooner you find out if you do have a problem, the better. In my case, the doctor had told me originally to come back 4 months later to do a sa and dh wanted to as well, but i am so glad i was pushy to get the sa done sooner.

We were actually quite lucky and found out dh had problems in august, and have just started ivf/icsi injections 2 weeks ago. Fingers crossed!

Sorry if i have worried anyone. just would rather people got checked out if they have concerns rather than leave it. xxxxx
  • Hi hun,

Just wanted to say keep your chin up, I know how frustrating it can be, we're on month 7 but only cycle 5 (my cycles range from 29-55 days and I have PCOS so don't know if I ovulate every month). You just have to have faith that your time will come - which I'm sure it will. I agree with the others, why not head to the drs and see what they say. Knowing that they are looking into things might help you to relax and you never know you may fall before they have finished their investigations. Good luck hun. XxX
  • Hi, we have been ttc no.2 for a year now. We took 3 and a half years for our DS. We also had all the tests done and they all came back normal and we were put on the IVF waiting list but 2 months later I finally concieved naturally. I am still sure that I only conceived because I wasn't so stressed about it all as we knew nothing was wrong with either of us. I actually conceived over christmas 2007 on the one month I thought I hadn't OV but obviously must have. Anyway am hoping we wont wait much longer to conceive our second child. I would definately recommend going to docs if you have been tring for a while hopefully just to rule out any problems. Fingers crossed for all of us that we get those BFP soon!
  • Hi Cass, I remember you hun.

We've been trying for over a year too and I know how discouraging it can be but please don't give up hope... There are days that I throw in the towel but my DH manages to convince me otherwise :lol: When I feel down I try for a little more romance and he doesn't seem to mind!!

Samsa - I'll be waiting to see a bfp annoucement in January!

Good luck to both you lovely ladies! May we all have a baby filled 2011..

xo
  • Hey girlies

thank you for all your replies and sharing your stories, I'd forgotten how supportive everyone is on here. And its kinda bittersweet to see some familiar faces.

I think you guys are right, that tests are probably a good idea, even if its to say all is okay (fingers crossed).

Anyway, I've now got some much needed PMA and looking forward to christmas and ignoring the 2ww lol!

Fingers crossed that there are more bfp's over christmas cos we're all focusing on nice christmas stuff and trying not to fall over in the snow!!!!

Hugs and babydust xxx image
  • I remember you from TTC and just wanted to say: Don't give up yet. I felt so down after the one year mark that I kind of gave up and then suddenly in cycle 15 we did it.

So there is hope still. image
  • GC to say that it took me and hubby 22 months to conceive, what a wait! But we did it, didn't think it would happen but we now have a beautiful daughter!! I'm sure you will get there and then it will be worth the wait! xxx
  • Hey shuck, i remember you hunni, soo pleased you got your bfp! Do you still talk to SD?

Littlelynsuk, thank you, you've made me feel more positive, its got to happen some time xxx