Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it possible?0

Is it possible to enjoy being pregnant? The reason I ask is that I've spoken to 4 women recently who have said they really did not enjoy it at all. My sister told me I was "bitter" as I commented on hubbys cousin, who has waited to find her mr right and to have a baby for a long time- all she did all day yesterday was moan about it all, and it made me sad. My sister told me that I probably won't enjoy being pregnant and she'll remind me about this when I finally do get pregnant and start moaning.

I just wondered if anyone here has been pregnant and has actually enjoyed it? It's making me wonder a lot now!

Replies

• I loved being pregnant. Don't get me wrong there r times when your achey and fed up and just want it over but the majority of it was fab, I just find it so amazing how the baby is there kicking away and then gets to the stage of being born and growing into a lovely child. And my gosh did I miss my baby bump when it was gone....can't wait ti get it back!!!
  • I too loved my pregnancy. I was sick everyday from 6 weeks to 22 weeks, got high blood pressure at 28 weeks and was in and out of hospital for the next 3 weeks before being admitted and eventually having a section at 32+2 due to pre eclampsia and I loved it!! The thought that you are making a whole new little person is so so special and it made me feel like this was the most fulfilling time and I was doing what a woman should do. I just want to be pregnant again but have been trying for nearly 3 years!

Helen.xxx
  • I also loved being pregnant. It just felt so special know I was making a new little person and feeling him move was amazing! I think as well I felt so lucky to be pregnant as I have friends who it took years for, I felt very grateful and never moaned.

I just hope I'm lucky enough to do it again soon.

• I think it varys from person to person,but i loved it i think its such a magical thing and loved going through the whole experience!I was 10 days late and did start to get fed up then as just wanted to meet my little girl but thats all..and she was well worth the wait anyway image im sure you will love it hun.x
  • i loved being pregnant. yes there are times when you seriously cant get comfy and get so fed up of not being able to bend and looking/feeling huge but it is still amazing that you are growing this little life. i had a perfect pregnancy last time with my dd, the only symptoms i had was sore boobs but once i got a new bra that went away. it was textbook until 32+5 when my waters suddenly went and 3 hours later i had given birth.

yes there are days when you moan about being pregnant and count the days until it will be over but soooo worth it all