Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

lots of questions

Hello all.

i just wandered if anyone could answer a few questions for me please?

First one is does anyone know how quickly you can get pregnant after comming off the contracption injection?

second one, i have been having lots of spotting since comming off the injection is it possible to still ovulate when spotting?

Third and final, i apologise for being blunt but im having problems keeping the little swimmers inside me, even if most of them come out is it possible for some to still make it?

Thanks for all your help xx

Replies

• Hi!

From what I have heard it can take up to 12mths for the injection to leave your system completely but I have heard of plenty of people that have got pregnant within months.

To see if you are ovulating I suggest you use the opk's, I personally haven't used these but it will help you figure out your ov dates.

Lie on your back with a pillow under your hips and pre-seed lube is meant to be good at helping the swimmers swim!

Hope that helps!

xx
  • I can only help with the third question I'm afraid, but yes it is. If you want to give them a little help you could try putting a pillow under your bum or raising your legs (try lying with them up against the wall) after you've DTD.

Good luck! image
  • agree with wildthing - use opk's to check if you are oving and pillow under the bum after sex - not very dignified but it does the job! image
  • Lol before we started trying for a baby I learned the art of keeping the swimmers in. during sex as my hubs about to come i raise my bum a little if hes on top i guess a pillow under wud do the same. Then lay like that for ten minutes after and then if I ly on my side they also seem to go nowhere.

xxXxx