Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

last month before ttc - are you cramming anything in??!

Im drinking (still), dont know if any of you have given it up in preparation for ttc, not copious amounts but still enyoying it! ive planned lots of nights out to have a drink and mad dance with my friends before we go away on holiday, im eating lots of pate and runny eggs before we ttc - haven't decided if im going to give them up i get pg yet but want to enyoy them while i still can if I do abstain!

anyone else got things planned before ttc??

Replies

• Options
    I'm the same, not drinking (already have a toddler!) but went out yesterday and bought eggs and parma ham and made a lovely runny-yolk eggs benedict for our breakfast, and am eating plenty of soft cheese and pate too and having lots of nice strong coffee image

I gave up everything you're supposed to except peanuts last time, and will probably do so again.

AF arrived this morning so this is the start of the 1st ttc cycle, so I guess that stuff is all out the window now!! image

good luck with your ttc

xx
  • Options
    As you know i'll be starting next month like you and i'm cramming things in!

We go away on monday and I plan to cram in as much drink as I can while we are away as I'll be stopping as soon as we get back.

I'm also starting to think about and savour the flavours of foods i'll miss like Pate, seafood, runny eggs etc

The other thing i'm having lots of and enjoying is scalding hot baths. I love my bath so hot that i look like a lobster, but i know i need to stop that... so i'll be bringing the temp of my bath down when i get back.
  • Options
    A few more ideas that I did before the last time we TTC'd:

- Wine

- Soft cheese, pate etc

- Make a cake and do out the bowl

- Rollercoasters if they're your thing (I went to Alton Towers just before!)

- Go in a jacuzzi

- Have an aromatherapy massage

- Did I mention wine? :lol:
  • Options
    oh no i forgot about hot baths, i love them *cries*!! :cry:

whats the deal with jacuzzis?? i never got why you couldnt go in them, they never seem that hot, is it the bubbles??!
  • Options
    I really missed brie, camenbert and pate last time. Alcohol didn't really bother me which is amazing as I love a good glass of red wine.

I'll be honest - I still ate runny eggs and peanuts (both occasionally) whilst preggers with my first. I waited until the second trimester but after giving up soooo much including RARE STEAK I just couldn't give up runny eggs. I made them semi runny and LOVED it.
  • Options
    oh I'd forgotten about hot baths and jacuzzis as well, quite like them too....

And have just discovered that my OH makes the BEST hot chocolate with Bailey's ever!! so we're having that every night just now! but as soon as I've had the wee line on the ov stick that says make sure you BD tonight that'll be going to image
  • Options
    My last month before ttc I will be fitting in the following, just in case I fall first month and haven't any more time to do any of it:

* Alcohol

* Tremendous amounts of coffee

* Lots of nights out with my friends

* Wearing high heels constantly

* Wearing my skinny jeans pretty much constantly

* Lots of lie-ins

* So many mummy, daddy and Jak days that my computer crashes from all the photos and videos we load onto it

* Heaps of mad, wild sex

* Lots of exercise and use of my Slendertone while I still can

* A tattoo

* Alcohol

• Options
    love your list EmCB!

ive ticked off a couple more things i wanted to do, just one more thing now really - to go to the races and get dressed up in the posh bit and have some champers (preferably after a big win!), got the hubby on for organising that one!!
  • Options
    Oooh, that sounds wonderful!

I forgot some things:

* Have a bunch of cheeses: stilton, docelatte, brie, camembert and gorgonzola to name but a few.

* Eat lots of runny egg

* Eat lots of rare steak

* Have tonnes of pate

That may be the complete list now! 9 months was a hell of a long time last time, I definitely need to get lots of living in if I'm going to do it again! :lol:
  • Options
    I will giving up energy drinks. Love the no fears. For the lady who asked about jacuzzis, it has to do with raising the mother's body temperature too high which could harm/kill a fetus. I have 4 kids and I took hot showers all the time, so that might be a good substitute.