Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hee hee - silly really!

So since we made The Decision (TTC from Sept, coming off Pill end May), we had spent a fair amount of time chatting about things.

Hubby told me to stop bringing it up all the time so I've been trying not to mention babies too much (spending more time on here!) but yesterday we were out and about talking about moving house (planned for Autumn/Xmas too!) & I asked what the odds were that we'd have moved by this time next year. He said 'Odds Against' (meaning we would probably still be in the same house....grrrr), but then I said 'What about me being pregnant?' and he said 'Hopefully Odds ON!'

He then grinned at me & squeezed my hand! So silly but I got really excited!!!

Then this evening he was telling me (again, without me bringing babies or TTC up!) about a colleague who is moving house this week with a 3 month old. He said 'we have to move by then I don't want you moving house pregnant or with a young baby'.

Guess, I'm super excited that he is really excited too but also IT IS REALLY HAPPENING!! We are going to do this!! :lol:

Sorry for silly thread, but hoping you ladies may sort of understand??!?!?! image

Replies

• Very cool. It look ages for my hubby to come round and when he did it felt amazing!

Good luck with the planning.

Mooomin x
  • i completely understand!!! its so amazing isn't it!

my husband is the one who brought forward our TTC to this july and even asked me if i had taken my folic acid this morning! i love the way he is looking after me.
  • I understand too, I never thought he was listening to me when I was talking about it all but on our last holiday he brought it up and started discussing names and things with me. It's so nice when you know they're excited too image

xx
  • Definitely not silly! I feel exactly the same way.

Hubby bought something off the internet last week for "when we have children", I was made up!

We are TTC in July and just bought my first folic acid at the weekend. So excited it is starting to happen!
  • TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!

Hubby wanted to wait 5 years till after getting married and I was the one who brought it forward to 3 and at first although he'd agreed he was being a bit funny and I kept asking if he really wanted to do this and he kept sayig he did but I didn't fully believe him (he was also saying 'stop talking babies') until a few months ago when he said, "I'm really looking forward to our baby"!!!!!!!!!

Also t'other day I got all excited cos we bd without anything and he said "just think, u could be pg now" and smiled..... unfort I knew I wasn't cos I'd been trackig my cycle and I was not OVing!! pigs! lol :lol:
  • If there is anything worth getting silly and excited over, it is having a baby or new baby. I will be trying in a couple months for baby #5 and I am starting to really get excited. My husband probably could stop with 4, but I know that I wouldn't be happy later in life if I didn't try again.
  • i totally understand our dd is almost 8 months we've decided to ttc later this year.

i took voluntary redundancy in october and need to get a job first, but last night we where looking at pushchairs image

We only have a 2 bed house so have been talking trying to figure out if we can afford to move but doesn't look like it, or can work with what we've got. dd has got double room but is slightly smaller than our room, if we had another girl they can share her room. but if we had a boy we could swap bedroom they could share, until we are able to move. do you think this could work?

sorry high jacked your post