Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

fao lady_is_broody and MummyMB.

sorry to jump in and start asking questions without really posting before, i had read a thread where i saw you had both had your implants taken out. i was wondering how long it took for you to ovulate properly again? :? i'm about to have mine taken out next week so i can start ttc and was just curious.

hope you dont mind me asking. image

Replies

• Hi emilyb,

I'm not sure how long it took me because I'm not entirely convinced I've ovulated at all yet! Ive never had a positive opk since I had it out in late October so until I get my cbfm I won't know unfortunately. I think it can vary between different people.

My doc did say that u could be fertile straight away or it could take 6 months to completely restore ovulation. I guess your best bet is to try opks after you have had ur withdrawal bleed and go from there x
  • Can I ask when you should have withdrawal bleed I had mine out nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't had anything just a load of cramps!
  • Donald, mine came 3 days after I had it out. I cramped a fair amount, so it sounds like yours could be coming along shortly x
  • Hey, just seen this, sorry.

Can't really help at all as I am still breastfeeding which affects your fertility as well so don't think i have ovulated yet. All I can say is the doc said it would take 7 days til you could potentially be fertile so if you didn't want anything to happen that soon then to use other precautions. Hope you get an answer soon!
  • thanks for your replies, guess its just a case of wait and see.lol. hope all gets back to normal pretty soon! image