Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Normal to worry??

Just wondering is it normal to worry that you wont be able to conceive? For some reason i cant get this feeling out my head that for some reason we wont be able to conceive. My mum had trouble getting me, she took a while to get pregnant, then when she did she had alot of miscarriges, then a still born and then finally she got me. But i really worry that I wont be able to get pregnant, with either a prob with me or my partner. I dont really have any reason to worry because i dont have any health problems and my periods are regular, so im guessing thats a good sign. I think im just paranoid lol. We are onto month 8 of ttc. Just wondered if any one else ever felt like that.

xx

Replies

• hello maybe baby!

i hope this is a normal worry, as this is my worry. it is something i have wanted, and i can never see it happening.

PCOS runs in my family and think that the likelyhood of me having it would be high.

i keep telling myself not to worry until i have been trying for atleast another year!

as it is what everyone thinks about all the time, becoming a mummy, not suprised that thought comes in our heads!
  • hi hols

pleased to hear im not the only one, its funny how hearing of someone else can make you feel a little better and make u feel like your not going mad. hope we are both lucky soon. xx
  • hi ladies

i think its natural to worry about conceiving when your trying. .

I have. . Every month bfn the more i think its not gonna happen. . But so many ladies on here get their bfp On here and am sure you will be one x x good luck x x
  • i have thought this for years even though we have only been ttc since june??

i think its because we want it so much that i am just paranoid that it will never happen

there is no history of anyone in my family having trouble ttc, so i have no idea why i have always worried about this!!

lets hope its for no real reason and our bfps are right around the corner

xx
  • Hi Ladies,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about not being able to conceive, we been trying since Aug 2010.

I've also had pre-cancerous cells that were flagged up in a smear test so I had to go to hospital to have them removed so I'm hoping that won't affect us TTC.

Each month that goes by I worry a little more. Maybe_Baybe my parents struggled to conceive me too so I am an only child and my Dad is the only child too. He commented once about our family struggling to conceive so I'm hoping this won't apply to me too! I'm 30 this year too and I wish I had started earlier I even worry that I've left it too late!

Babydust to you all x
  • Hi

I think it's perfectly normal to worry. we've already had one and are ttc number 2 and I'm worried it won't happen how daft is that! mainly because of my age, I'm 35.

Regular periods are a good sign I'm sure.

don't worry loopy, 30 is definitely not too old!!

fc loads of bfps this year image

lots of baby dust for everyone xx
  • Hi MummyAJ,

Thanksimage

I only said to my hubby nite that once we have one I dont think we'll be leaving it too long to try again for another.

Being an only child myself I have always wanted more than one child but at the moment one seems impossible!

We've been TTC for 5 months so I keep saying to myself its not v.long but it feels like an eternity when you're counting the days down to ovulation and then to the dreaded AF! I'm sure you all understand what i'm talking about lol x

Ps I thought this babymaking was going to be a walk in the park - how wrong I was!
  • oh I know it's no walk in the park is it! being constantly aware of CD, dpo, when AF due etcetc not to mention getting a bfn, not had that yet myself but dreading the feeling...

when I was in our docs surgery the other day there was a leaflet saying 'Been trying for a baby for 6 months or more? Read this now!'

I didn't pick it up as we're still just at the start of ttc, but is there some sort of recommendation to go seek advice if it hasn't happened after 6 months? or does it vary between trusts?

xx
  • Hi MummyAJ,

If it doesn't happen for us next month my hubby said he wants to go to the doctors together but I keep reading that you should be trying for at least a year before they will even look at you! So I'm not sure what to do to be honest. If you happen to see the leaflet next time you're there please have a read and report back I'd love to know any advice!

Thanks x
  • I too worry, although I'm nowhere near 30.

And there's no history of problems fertility wise, my mum fell for me and my sister the only time she didn't use protection apparently.

My husband is 36 this year and has one child from a previous marriage, she'll be 7 this feb.

I came off the pill in May, and we unofficially started trying then. But officially started September after we got married.

But I worry it won't happen for me

Xx