Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I got my BFP!

Can't believe it! AF is due today so I did a test first thing this morning to get my disappointment 'over and done with'. And indeed, at first, there was only one line so I put it down, feeling rather upset....

...and then promptly picked it up again when I saw a second line slowly appear - faint at first but growing stronger and stronger!

I shouted out for my husband, yelling his name over and over again. Seeing as this was 6:30am, hubby almost fell out of bed, he was so shocked!! Can still see the look on his face, his bleary eyes and crazy hair!

I just showed him the stick and burst into tears - all the time hugging and kissing one another.

I can't believe it - I had next to no symptoms. Odd boob twinges (but with natural G's I get that a lot!!) and feeling knackered (but again, thought that was down to the craziness of the last few days with my brother's wedding). The weirdest symptom I got - only two days ago - was a very weird bitter taste in my mouth. Not metal, just rank! Every time I ate, it left a weird aftertaste.

Fingers crossed this is a sticky bean - especially as I'm supposed to be flying to Florida this Friday!!! :?

Baby dust and love to all you lovely ladies xxxxx image

Replies