Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Hi Ladies,

H2B and I are desperate to start ttc after my mmc last March, however we get married in 16 weeks and 6 days (woohoo). My inital plan was to start ttc after my next AF which (if I'm lucky enough to fall first time) would make me 14 weeks when we get married? My only worry with this is that my dress wouldn't fit, but it's a size 14 and I'm only a 10 and it wouldn't need to be altered until 3 weeks before the wedding!

I'm desperate to be a pg bride, after 7 years together and the heartache of last years mmc I don't want to put it off any longer.

Am I mad for wanting to ttc before or do you think at 14 weeks I should be OK (size wise) I know every pg is different but just panicing that I may be to big for my wedding dress!

E xx

Replies

• Sorry Im gatecrashing just wanna say congratulations for your up and coming wedding.

I think I would be more concerned about morning sickness they should be able to alter your dress to fit but how sick I feel at the min I could not imagine having the energy to be able to get married but having said that if its what you want then it will be special to have bubs share that special day with you tucked up inside your tummy
  • Hi there, congratulations firsty on your up coming wedding! I got married 2 years ago and it was one of the best days of my life, that and the day our son was born.

I didnt start showing until 17 weeks. But I can remember as early as 10 weeks feeling my clothes getting abit snug and feeling sooooo bloated. Every pregnancy is different though, your right there. I dont think the problem would be the dress not fitting, as like you said its 2 sizes bigger than yourself, and you could have it adjusted a few weeks prior to the big date.

Willow hit the nail on the head. Its how your body will cope with the hormones levels rising. I was lucky, I was never actually sick BUT I felt dog awful on a morning for an hour and a good 3 on the night. I had to eat meals slowly and couldnt stand up without feeling like I was going to puke! Other people however are sick from from the moment they wake up to the time they go to bed. So this is something you have to think of.

If I was in your shoes, I would just go for it. It really depends on how you think you will cope.

Good luck with whatever you decide image

• Congratulations on your wedding!!

I'm gate crashing - saw your post on the front page.

When I was 14 weeks pg I wasn't showing at all really and I was having twins. In fact I was probably a little lighter cos I lost 1.5 stone. I was defo not wearing any maternity clothes. This was due to the REALLY bad sickness I had, but I was feelin much better by 14 weeks. I didn't realy show til about 17-18 weeks.

Think it would be AMAZING to anounce a pregnancy at the wedding - a real cherry on the cake. (just be aware that sickness can linger in some!)

xxx
  • Aww chrissy! Congratulations - what lovely news!

Thanks ladies for all your good wishes and advice - I think I'm just gunna bite the bullet and go for it, although before my mc last year I was as sick as a dog morning, noon and night but I would really love to annouce it to all our family and friends on the day and hopefully I will be blessed not to have sickness this time!!!! Fingers crossed I get lucky in the next few months!!!

My main concern is weight gain, I can cope with bloating and sickness just about but wud just hate my dress not to fit, seen as though it's been hanging in the bridal shop since September 2009 waiting for the big day to arrive! image
  • Hi Em,

I think you are in a very similar situation to me! I had a m/c at 11 weeks in December and we decided to wait for a least one cycle before trying again despite the fact that we are getting married in mid August this year. Some of my friends who know we are ttc said 'oh wait till after the wedding, think of your dress' (already bought in size eight) but I honestly don't care how big I am if I do get pregnant again..

I have aleady worked it out how many months I will be image if we are lucky this month I will be 7 months etc. The thought of having a healthy baby outweighs any thoughts of how I will look in my dress and Im sure you will be blooming and so happy if you do get that BFP that you won't care what size you are...I had a little tum at nearly 3 months but at 14 weeks you won't be that huge Im sure and empire line dresses are really pretty. My cousin got married in one last summer at 4 months and she's very slim and no-one guessed!! Lots of baby dust to you and H2B

Emmy xxx