Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Miscarriage and options?

Hi, I posted this in misscarriage too but wondered if any of you ladies could give me some advice.

I started bleeding 2 days ago and have had a scan this morning and there is only a sac. I should be 9+5.

The midwife says their policy is to re-scan in 1 week and then I can decide what to do.

I've to call them if bleeding and pain gets much worse.

They said I could wait for nature to take it's course, get some tablets or have a D&C (either under general or local anaesthetic)

I am so confused! and really just want it to be all over!

Any advice would be appreciated?

Also, did you TTC straight after your bleeding stopped?

Replies

• so sorry at what has happened,

i've had 4 mc, 2 i left to nature and 2 d&c under general, i think mentally nature was better as i knew it wasnt meant to be but it really hurt, the pain was immense. d&c mentally i kept thinking what if they got it wrong, i knew they hadn't but your mind plays tricks, however it was alot less painful, and waited 1 normal cycle to try again.
  • hi, I have had 3 miscarriages and a stillbirth :cry: I let nature take its course on the miscarriages and had to have tablets to deliver my son. For me nature seemed the better option as I am told you are back on your feet quicker.

I am so sorry for your loss, if there is anything I can do please message me

• I went for the d&c option only because I'd miscarried at six weeks but at nine weeks nothing had came away I waited another 2 weeks but I just felt like I was stuck in limbo! I only bleed for a few days didn't have any pain and my cycles returned to normal really quickly x

So sorry for what you are going through x look after yourself honey that's the most important thing
  • Thanks for replying, some of you have been through so much image

I feel a bit numb at the moment. I already have an 18 month old and feel really blessed to have him. He is really helping me at the moment.

At the moment the pain is not too bad, so i'm just going to wait until they scan me next Tues and see how much is left and decide then.

we did concieve this time on our first month of trying so i'm feeling positive that we will get pregnant again this year

• hiya hun,

just wanted to say the same thing happened to me in jan i went for my 12 week scan and only sac was there.it was awful and i was sent away to mc naturally it didnt happen my body wouldnt let it go. i had to go into hospital for medical management. it was horrible but my hub didnt want me to go under and have the op.

if u look at my other posts it explains it abit better.

i am now pregnant without having af between. ive just found out. dont know how far on i am or anything but its just fantastic im pregnant.

hope u r ok if u want to talk about anything im here.

xx
  • Well, my body did it most of it naturally.

I got up yesterday and had to run to the toilet and there was so much blood and clots. Every time I got off the toilet I had to rush back!

Phoned the hospital and i had to go in. On our way I stared to feel very faint. As soon as I got there, they examined me and said most of it was out but they would give me the tablets to speed things along.

The midwife then left the room and i fainted! there was a big panic, with oxygen, blood tests, another examination and drips put up. My blood pressure was extremely low. I came round and my poor hubby was very worried.

They thought it was just a combination of blood loss and low blood sugar.

Anyway they decided I wasn't allowed to eat in case I needed the D&C and i was to stay in so they could monitor me.

So all day in bed and 3 lots of tablets later they decided that I had removed everything.

That was the worst bit. I had to go to the toilet in a bed pan and leave it in the loo so they could inspect it. And I saw more than I wanted to.

Got home in the evening and didn't have much pain at all, they said that was quite unusual. I only needed 1 dose of paracetamol.

I'm now glad it's all over and I can rest and decide when we should try again.

• Sorry for what you've had to go through it must have been very traumatic for you and your hubby! Glad your ok though, you'll be glad to be home again! Make sure you take good care of yourself x and I hope when your ready your not waiting long on your BFP x