Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

#3 Last roll of the dice for a girly

Hello Ladies,

Im not new too the site but have been away for a while after having baby #2 and can't remember any of my old login details so have rejoined image

Anyway just wanted opinions. This is the last roll of the dice at having a girl. Never imagined having 3 babies but I can't quite kerb the nagging feeling I have about not having had a girl (even though I totally adore my 2 boys) I just had my AF on the 18th and so can potentially start gearing myself up to try this month buuuuuuut I have worked out that if i do fall my baby will be due christmas day ( I have a short luteal phase and short cycle) so in theory my EDD will not be the same as the normal 28day thingy that midwifes and doctors work on!! if that makes sense?

Would you try for a christmas pud? My brother in law is born on the 21st december and he hates it. My best friend had her baby 2 years ago on the 23rd and says it is a nightmare as her little girl gets no birthday presents as such.

Will I spend my whole life feeling guilty? My youngest was born 1st December and I find he gets hardly anything as people say oh we'll just get him a big christmas present or vice versa and I always feel so upset for him image

What would you do?

xxx

Replies

• Hey

Iwas due on xmas day 2010 and ended up having baby on boxing day... so no idea how its going to be with her bday so close to xmas as yet but I when I start trying for no.2 I will be making sure I don't TTC the months where I could land up being due around xmas again. I was stuck in hospital for a week before I had baby and so spent xmas day in hospital - completely ruined xmas and the whole festive season passed in a blur. plus if you've already got a little one would you want to be away from them on xmas day potentially (I was in with someone who had baby on xmas day and her little boy wouldnt celebrate xmas till she got home

Hope thats helped a little bit. Just wanted to let you know how i found it image

• Hi there, I'm a Christmas eve baby, mom always insisted that people treat my birthday and Christmas as seperate celebrations and asked people not to combine gifts even if it meant recieving 2 smaller presents. It is a bit of a bummer having to wait a whole year for pressies though!but you get used to it and it actually feels a bit special to have a Christmas birthday. X
  • my b day is 6th jan, not the best, no one has any money after xmas and new year, or they come wrapped in xmas paper!!

however, i was 3 mnths prem so should have been 6th april!!

i get good pressies on the whole, sale items means more for your money and i would not have it any other way

i say go for it!!

'if' we fall this month i will be due mid dec but i could not care less that bubs will be so longed for that i will make sure every b day is extra special while they are young!!
  • we have a new years eve baby, it is a bit of a pain organing partys and such but i wouldnt change it, we had been trying for a while by that point and every chance to us was worth taking, theres no saying you next wont be early or late, very rarely are they bang on so it could be a early dec or jan baby,

we have a boy and are having a girl, have you looked at the shettles method, we were not actively using this at the time but as it worked out BDing wise it worked for us in theory

good luck x
  • Thanks girls image

We are going to just relax this month and if it happens well then its meant to be but if not well then thats fine as wellimage

I know I will never ever let any baby of mine go without or feel any less special and if needs be I will let he or she have a day in the summer to celebrate with friends if that is what it takes image

Piggy pops what is the shettles method?

Baby dust ladies

xxx
  • it looks into the idea that male sperm like the hare and female like the touroise so to speak so if you bed on OV you are more likely to get a boy anf if its a few days before a girl x
  • My birthday is 30th November and personally I have never had an issue (your poor son for only being a day after!)

A christmas due date hasn't put us off TTC this month, but I guess everyone is different. For me I would much rather a child born in December rather than August or July and being the youngest of the year at school, although as a kid I was always jealous of the summer birthday parties!

Good luck x x