Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

'Obviously not trying hard enough......'

This is what a so called 'best friend' said to me lastnight after announcing that she was pregnant after trying for 2 month. (The 5th friend this year to announce they are pregnant)

I was so upset by it, she knows that I came off the pill last august and havent had AF since and that I am desperate just to have AF never mind BFP at the minute. I have been to the docs and had blood tests to check my hormones and they are all fine, I just have to wait!

At first I thought she was joking but then she went on to say that it doesn't just happen overnight and that if I want it to happen I need to make it happen. How the hell do I make AF just happen?!!!

I then went home and cried to hubby and now have puffy eyes this morning...great!!

Sorry for the moaning but just needed to get it off my chest.

xxx

Replies

• Oh what an awful thing for your "best friend" to say to you. I'm so sorry hunni. Some people don't know quite how lucky they are not to have any problems.

(((((Huge hugs)))))) for you.

Is there nothing the doctor can give you to bring on af? i know a lady on another thread tried acupuncture and that brought hers on. Is there anything else like that you could try?

Take care and good luck

xxx.
  • oh that's just awful babe! Gosh how insensitive can people be.

I no what you mean and i keep thinking i don't think they mean to sound nasty but it can sometimes come out like that. . It hurts your feeling and makes you upset.

Hugs to you only you and. Hubby no what's going on. So try hard not to let these comments hurt to much. Easier said than done i no. . Sometimes people can say things and we also can interpretive another way. . But we are women! That's what we do lol good luck to you x x
  • Thanks Looby.

I have got to go back the docs in may if nothing has happened by then.

I'd not heard about acupuncture but I will look into it, I hate needles but I will give anything a go just to get AF.

I have tried opk's since jan to see if I am ovulating but not had a positive yet and it is getting far too expensive as I have to do them everyday as I do not know when I may ovulate!! I hate being in this predicament.

Obviously I'm happy for my best friend and the rational side of me is blaming her hormones for her response!!

xx
  • Thanks boooey.

I think if she has said that and hadn't announced she was pregnant at the same time then I would have brushed it off and not thought too much into it, but it was like a double whammy!!

I am an over sensitive person anyway and this TTC malarky has made me even more sensitive!!

I got married last June and now all the 'when are you going to have a baby?' comments have started to come out. My nan has even started knitting some baby clothes because she said 'I might not be around by the time you two get on with it!!' Bless...her heart is in the right place, although I wasn't thinking that at the time!! Lol.

xxx
  • What an awful thing to say! I think i'd have blown my top at that comment.

This came up in google. Perhaps you could try the herbal remedies? x

http://www.ehow.com/way_5665397_ways-control-menstrual-period.html
  • Oh, hunny, that's awful. You're right in that its probably her hormones and she wasn't thinking straight. Hopefully if she realised how upset it made you she'd be devastated. It's so easy to accidentally say things without meaning them the way they come out but that does seem to be quite exceptional - it's not like you can do anything to force your body along. Sending you hugs and wishes for AF to show up asap. xx
  • Oh hun what an awful thing for her to say!! But I guess until you've been through the hartache of ttc for more than a few months I really don't think you can understand it, so she just hasn't got a clue unfortunatley image If only it was that easy!

I looked into taking a herbal remedy called Agnus Castus to regulate my cycles, but I'm sure I also read you can take it get your periods back might be worth looking into!

We got married last April and started trying from August and I'm sick of the so when are you going to have a baby comments too!!

Sending you huge (((hugs))) and I hope you get your AF or a BFP soon x
  • MrsLF, If you're scared of needles i'd maybe try some of the herbal remedies first. Its worth a shot.

We were also getting a lot of comments since we got married (aug 09) but as we moved house in feb 10 everyone assumed (correctly) that we'd be trying after the house was finished. It is a hard slog, but we'll all get there in the end and then all this waiting will be totally worth it.

xxx.
  • What a cow your friend was!! I would blame her hormones and she probably doesn't know that much about ttc as it happened so quickly for her. I can't believe any 'friend' would say something so hurtful on purpose!

It was me who had the acupuncture which brought back my periods 6-7 months after coming off the pill. I had all the blood t4ests at teh doctors after 6 months which came back all clear. I also spent tons of money in that time on ov & pg tests. I tried Agnus Castus after 4 month which didn't bring on ov for me but I had seen some cases online of it happening to other people so that could be worth trying.

The acupuncture needles aren't like injection needles, they are waaaaay thinner so don't actually hurt when they go in (so I thought but then i'm not scared of needles). They put the needles lightly in the relelvant areas of your body (most of mine were on my feet and ankles) and then tap them in until they are deep enough to reach the energy channel. It's a weird sensation as when they get to the right level you can feel it (I think it felt like a little electric shock- like you've got a thread running through your body that gets lifted up- sorry, probably v hard to picture). Then you just lie there for a while. I really enjoyed it and it worked for me. I quite like natural therapies and also felt it helped actually 'doing' something positive to help rather than slowly going insance every week when still no period.

This was back in October and my cycles, although long to begin with, have returned to normal now.

If you hate the idea of needles then reflexology works on similar principles. I had my first session 2 weeks ago and am now waiting to see if it had helped me get a bfp!

Good luck. It's hell waiting so long but it will happen. Keep us updated xxx
  • Thank you so much for all your replies.

I should have mentioned that I am already on agnus castus, I have been taking that since Jan aswell as the opk's. Im usually quite a positive person and just think...well atleast I haven't had AF pains for the past 8 month and can still enjoy doing all the things I like to do, but I'm only human and some things just really get to me!

Im going to look into the acupuncture, its not that im scared of needles, ive just had bad experiences of trying to get blood and and so have been put off, but i'll trust you fifi that they arent as big as injection needles and give it a go.

Me and hubby originally decided that we would like an olympic baby (born 2012) but then decided to bring it closer, so maybe my body is just holding out to give me my olympic baby!! Haha...wishful thinking!!

xxx
  • OMG some friend!!!

Hope your feeling ok, How insensitive!!

My af is being irratic so this month ive started taking vit b and evening primrose as ive read from other threads this regulates. I wish i could say something to make your af appear, i feel awful after reading what your friend said!!

There are some absolute hunni's on here and i bet by the end of the day you will be hugged to within an inch of your life (ha ha) and someone might be able to suggest or be in the same boat!!

Your not on your own though, and keep your chin up, your day will come x x

(((((hugs just for you))))
  • mrs lf, i have heard great reports about acu too, maybe worth a shot

i hope your friend rings to apologise!!

if you ever need someone to chat to come and join us in k.w.a, most of our ladies have actually replied to this thread anyway!! we are a lovely bunch and always need new faces

hopefully you will get the answers that you need soon, flinging loads of babydust to you xx
  • how nice your friend was to you image and how nice it was for her for it to happen to easily she should take a step bacl and realise how unbelievebly lucky she was and offer some support to you image I did 18 months for number 2 and haven't been using contraception cince november but as yet no number 3 so can appreciate how hard it is for you xx
  • Morning ladies

Thank you all so much for cheering me up and giving me advice. I have looked into the acupuncture and i'm trying to find one near me.

Chic - I always read your K.W.A thread, you guys are so funny and supportive of each other and I may take you up on your offer and join one day.

No apology from the friend yet but I dont really expect one. I do love her to bits, but she has been selfish all her life so I should have expected it. I'm going to rise above it and not give her the satisfaction of upsetting me! Can you tell i'm in a better mood this morning....I've got that friday feeling!!!

xxx
  • MrsLF - Yay for that friday feeling image Good luck with the acupuncture and maybe your body is holding out for an olympic year baby image

As Chic said you're more than welcome to pop in & out on the KWA for moral support anytime x
  • Things like this really frustrate me, why can some people be so inconsiderate!

Your time will come but as others have suggested maybe try a herbal supplements.

My poor friends have been trying for a few years and we've just decided to try. I was so worried about telling her as I've heard her stories about being so upset seeing her friends fall pregnant but I thought she'd prefer to hear it from me than on facebook or something.

Chin up hun and lot's of BD in the mean time.