Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Did anyone else ...

Did anyone else just wake up one morning and decide that yes, they really did want a baby after all? When younger (teens, early twenties) I always thought I would have kids, then through my late twenties I began to wonder if it really was right - earning well, good career, enjoying the holidays (shoes!) and so on, and have actually spent the last couple of years agonising over whether having kids was what I wanted. I think it must have been a few months back now that I decided yes (and still think yes!) that it is what I want (hubby always wanted kids anyway). Now I feel I can't wait until TTC later this year! Is it the biological clock ticking in as I head towards being 32 this Summer??!!

Replies

• Hi

I'm 27 and TTC. My plan was to be married and have a baby at 25, obviously that didn't happen! Well, the baby part anyway! I've been married for 5 years, and been with my husband for just over 11 years. Children have always been a part of my future, and yes, I have to say I woke up one morning and decided now is the right time! The thought of having a child had always terrifed me, but now I want to give birth right now! :lol: Most of my friends are on their 2nd and 3rd child, but as I have had a lot of child-free years I'm scared of giving up so much, the holidays, the nights out, etc. My plan is to hopefully get up the duff at some point this year, and to try to live my life as normal with only slight adjustments. Call me selfish, but I am not having my life end as soon as I have a child! I've seen too many of my friends lose their identities, it's not happening to me! :lol: